• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua.foote.14 said:
It could probably end in a draw...I don't think it's necessary to equalize their speed now. Luffy isn't fireproof though.
Well Natsu is Massively Hypersonic+ while Luffy is only Massively hypersonic

I'm going with Luffy here ,because of precog and more battle experience rather than Natsu. I know Natsu has more power than Luffy but he only relies on his brute force and his magic which Luffy has handled in many senarios. For example tanking Akainus magma attacks, surviving in extremely hot environments like Akabasta Desert. Plus he is a battle genius rather than a adaptable instinct user like Natsu. So my points are: 1. Luffy is more adaptable and smarter than Natsu. 2. Luffy is questionable has heat resistance meaning Natsus magic isent going to be as effective. 3. Precog will stop the speed gap between Natsu and Luffy. 4. Luffy is highly resistant to blunt damage, there goes Natsu other power advantaged. 5. Has more moves and powerups to help him like his different types of haki. Then we have Gear Fourth.

the only thing Luffy has advantage over Natsu is his Precog. Their both realitivly equal in age so their battle experience is similar so it won't make a big difference. Luffy only survive Akainu's attack because of Law's medical surgery without him Luffy would of died.

I find Luffy is more simple in his battle stratigies then Natsu but truthfully their mostly equal in that regard. Natsu's fire magic will be effective even if its not completely so its not a big advantage. Precog can only work for so long before Natsu finds a way around since he has been shown to be adaptive to his opponents and has delt with people being able to read his thoughts like Cobra, even if his win was accidently he still have experience fighting againts someone with similar abilities so that won't last forever. Saying that Luffy has high resistant to blunt attacks is a bit pointless since his durability isn't affectied by his DF body, at least in his profile. Even if Luffy has more verity in his attacks doesn't mean it atomatically give him an advantage, Luffy's base is small Island and needs to go Gear Fourth just to match Base Natsu which is Island.

the only Form of Haki that give Luffy the advantage is KH and that won't last forever. BH doesn't give him a hugh boost and HH wouldn't work on Natsu.

Seriously Akainu's magma> Natsu's Flames. 1. Akainu turned half of an islands climate into a flaming hell. 2. Melted a glacier that's bigger than Natsu's stadium feet. 3. Literally melted a marine in an instant with his magma.

Akainu's magma would have no effect on Natsu read their battle thread and you will se why.

I would give this to Luffy because he has the advantage of pre-cog and since we talk about two equals having the possibility of even one clear hit is a huge thing actually this is a little unfair you restrict Natsu's only advantage but allow Luffy pre-cog and you allow him to use his gear fourth constantly lol.

Natsu and Luffy are pretty much the same in battle experience and ability.

Joshua.foote.14 said:
That doesn't seem like a big difference...though that means that Natsu would have a speed advantage if only slight.
Slight? Natsu is Mach 3000+

Luffy is like Mach 650

We talk about 5 times higher speed even with pre-cog Natsu would still win that way with not to much problem.

@TheGuy don't know about Akainu's lava being superior to Natsu's flames though 1) Natsu's flames vaporised sand 2) melting a glacier while impressive isn't exactly the same as melting solid stone by casually exerting urself 3) vapourised a lake in seconds and while there are no feats where he straight up melts ppl that is more likely than not the artist toning things down so it doesn't get particularly gruesome

Gotta trust calcs. Just upgrade Happy to MHS+ with a possible Island Level.

I'll go with inconclusive for now.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Gotta trust calcs. Just upgrade Happy to MHS+ with a possible Island Level.
I'll go with inconclusive for now.
If you have a problem with any stats create a CRT for it. Simple as that otherwise drop it.

Anyway I will vote in a minute.

Why inconclusive though? Luffy's resistant to blunt force which is what Natsu specializes in. We can say he can change them to a piercing form but Luffy has really good precognition and he might have more AoE than Natsu.

Natsu has better AoE then Luffy. Sense it comes down to who can last the longest then Luffy has a small disavantage, since when he does gets too tired to keep Gear Fourth up thanks to the damage Natsu gives throughout the battle, the backlash from it is enough to give Natsu the moment he needs to take out Luffy.

alot of Natsu's attack does AoE damage rather then Single target damage, the attack againts bluenote is an example of the how large his attacks can be. Gear 4 may last forever when luffy is at his healthiest but it is still a form he must keep active, meaning that if Natsu deals enough damage to Luffy he shouldn't be able to keep it up physically. Unlike FDKM or LFDM which are magical effects Gear fourth is a physical tranformation to Luffy's Muscles.

It not that I'm saying the timelimit is up but that the physical damage Natsu can dish out from both physical and to a greater extant fire attacks would be too much for Luffy to properly maintain it, and I'm sure if giving enough time Natsu can damage Luffy to the point of almost exhaustion.

most of Luffy's attack is geared towards single target while he does have attacks that can effect multiple targets he is generally focucs towards a single Target. I'm not saying that he's superior but that Natsu's has a wider reacher compared to Luff'y longer reach. Personally what I ment by Natsu has better AoE is that I consider AoE to be a wide area of effect, I don't personall consider Luffy's superior langth reach to be AoE I should of cleared that up first my mistake.

If Natsu switches to more of a piercing and burning way of fighting along with long range attacks he'd win mid diff if not high diff (His attacks will still have a burning effect and that AOE tho)

Yeah as to why he's vulnerable to sword users and during the fights with don kreig and arlong (Original not 4Kids)

Theglassman12 said:
Luffy should take this for reasons above.
Yeah but Luffy and Natsu have the same amount of battle exp both began fighting at a young age plus his blunt force resistance would only work with Natsu's punches and kicks not if he just switches to more stabbing style techniuqes like sword horn or just straight flames like his roar, brillant flame,crushing fang, wingbeat, grip strike, and others plus the Aoe of his base let alone FDKM and would probably target the moment luffy streches to use a grip strike

Natsu had an inconclusive verdict against Akainu and Luffy clearly isn't on Akainu's level yet, so Natsu should have the advantage, but Luffy can balance it out with Precog. (Akainu was only allowed Armament) so I'm voting Inconclusive as well

It says Gear 4th Time limit removed and Speed is equalized.

Luffy can read any and all of Natsu's attacks, and Natsu's frustration on Luffy's defenses - from precognition to his rubber abilities - will only make reading them easier. The Color of Observation works in such a way that the more intention you have to harm your opponent, the easier you are to read. Luffy would be able to read all of Natsu's attacks and has a NUMBER of ways to avoid and evade with his Devil Fruit abilities.

Here is a list on what's ineffective against either combatant;

Gum Gum Red Hawk is ineffective on Natsu.

While the blunt force is ineffective on Luffy to certain degrees, Natsu's flames can still burn Luffy.

Gear 4th shrugged off Doflamingo's attacks. Natsu's attacks will barely have any effect on Luffy in this form, and Luffy's attacks can change direction midflight.

My money's on Luffy. Natsu has instincts, sure. But the only reason why Akainu vs Natsu was inconclusive was because people couldn't come to terms on what each opponent has aside from lava and magic fire. Natsu can adapt, but so can Luffy and he has a way of foreseeing any of Natsu's attacks. Not to mention, Luffy has a massive stamina advantage. I've said it with Ace, I've said it with Akainu,I've said it with Sanji, so I'll just say it with Luffy; all Luffy would do is beat him to death.

I counted the votes as

Luffy: 3

Natsu: 0

Inconclusive: 4

But I would apreciate it if someone can count again for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back