• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group A - Alibaba Saluja (Magi) vs Zapdos (Pokemon)

Group A:
Round 13:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Results:
Asta is creating upset on the scorecard and has one foot into the Semi's which is bad for The Third Prince of the Balbadd Alibaba cause now this match is DO or DIE for him must win at any cost in hopes of a "possible" draw with Asta even that seems unlikely. Zapdos on the other hand ? well his journey has not ended yet and looks to get 6 points in final match going back home with a win.
5th and FINAL MATCH for both Alibaba and Zapdos

Mini plot:

Alibaba walks through the Forrest of giant trees
Alibaba: Man this sucks wish things could've gone better...still even if I don't make it to the semi's i'll keep my hopes alive by winning this one! speaking of winning where the heck is my opponent ?
A thunderous lightning strikes Alibaba sending him 20 feet in the air but he does a backflip landing on his feets safely on a nearby stone
Alibaba: What the heck ?
Zapdos !!! the bird screams !!! As the legendary Pokemon lowers down from the sky & Charges up with a massive bolt of Electricity
Alibaba: A flying opponent ? Fine ! takes out his Amon blade ! Bring it on

Results:
Alibaba Saluja (Magi):
Zapdos (Pokemon): 7 (Nierre, Fluffy, Popted, Finepoint, DD, Bern, Imgynim, Ollegator)
Inconclusive:

dPidvIJ.png

Last edited:
Okay so uhh
What does Zapdos start with? Alibaba starts with sword fighting
In theory, you could check Bulbapedia's page for Zapdos to look at their Minor & Major Appearances section for it, which has what episodes it appeared in, brief individual descriptions of what it did in those appearances, & links to Bulbapedia's pages for the episodes, which can give plenty of info about what Zapdos did.

That said, the Pokedex also contains some information about Zapdos's behaviour.

Red
Blue A legendary bird POKéMON that is said to appear from clouds while dropping enormous lightning bolts.
Yellow This legendary bird POKéMON is said to appear when the sky turns dark and lightning showers down.
Gold This legendary bird POKéMON causes savage thunderstorms by flapping its glittering wings.
Silver This legendary bird POKéMON is said to appear only when a thundercloud parts into two halves.
Crystal Legendary bird POKéMON. They say lightning caused by the flapping of its wings causes summer storms.
Sword This Pokémon has complete control over electricity. There are tales of Zapdos nesting in the dark depths of pitch-black thunderclouds.
Shield Zapdos is a legendary bird Pokémon. It’s said that when Zapdos rubs its feathers together, lightning will fall immediately after.
Brilliant Diamond
Shining Pearl This legendary Pokémon is said to live in thunderclouds. It freely controls lightning bolts.

Although presumably, it may not go that way the whole battle; Some of those may just be about its capabilities rather than behaviour, & some things may prompt different responses. (& for what its worth, its profile gives it an unjustified High rating. Not entirely sure why, lol. Still, Pokemon naturally battle regularly, & AFAIK, Legendary Pokemon are exceptionally capable in this, so it could be argued they have a good sense for that?)

Alright thanks for all that... (o.o')

Ermm, Alibaba should be able to dodge the lightning strikes with relative ease. Uhh does Zapdos have anything noteworthy that can prove troublesome to Alibaba?

Oh... Oh damn...

Okay uhh first and foremost, I'd like to know how Life Review would react to the speed amp, I'd think that the speed amp could perhaps overcome it, but I'm not certain.

As for its other moves, they should be easy to dodge really, unless he uses static? Which looks like it paralyzes on touch, if that's the case, then Alibaba could perhaps fight from long range, but Zapdos with its speed advantage and range advantage won't get touched, so I'm leaning towards Zapdos.

Zapdos already has an AP advantage, and if Alibaba gets paralyzed it's curtains since it would mean an instant 2x speed advantage for Zapdos, and a 25% chance Alibaba can't move at all.

If Alibaba keeps his distance and is forced to use weaker options, then Zapdos has free range to spam electricity until they feel inclined to boost their speed naturally with agility.

Either way, I think this battle ultimately ends with Zapdos gaining the speed advantage enough to beat him down.
Since there's no prior knowledge, him falling for Static is extremely likely. (It's a passive upon taking hits, not an attack, so there's no way for him to see it happen without already being paralyzed.)

Last edited:
....I feel ashamed for bringing this up, since I was the one who mentioned the Speed Reduction Pokemon's version of Paralysis inflicts, but it may be worth mentioning, if we're using the values the game mechanics provided:

Basically, it is a 75% Speed Reduction.... Prior to Generation 7, at which point it was made to be a 50% Speed Reduction instead.

I had forgotten what the up-to-date value was earlier. Deeply sorry for accidentally misinforming you all. Hopefully that difference doesn't cause too many problems in results. (Assuming we're taking into account the values provided by the games.)

....I feel ashamed for bringing this up, since I was the one who mentioned the Speed Reduction Pokemon's version of Paralysis inflicts, but it may be worth mentioning, if we're using the values the game mechanics provided:

Basically, it is a 75% Speed Reduction.... Prior to Generation 7, at which point it was made to be a 50% Speed Reduction instead.

I had forgotten what the up-to-date value was earlier. Deeply sorry for accidentally misinforming you all. Hopefully that difference doesn't cause too many problems in results. (Assuming we're taking into account the values provided by the games.)
can you vote?

You know, I really did know this. Someone called it 75% and my brain instantly went back to that even though I was just playing yesterday and doing calculations for half speed from paralysis.

Last edited:
can you vote?
I guess if I understand things right.... Zapdos has an AP Advantage (Of some amount?), outranges, has multiple things with chances to inflict Paralysis (Static, 30% of the time when Zapdos is hit by an attack that makes contact, Discharge or Thunder, 30% of the time when those moves hit, Thunderbolt 10% of the time, Thunder Wave if it hits at all (But unlike the others, TW doesn't do damage.) among others means, etc.), plus Speed Boosts with Agility, Healing with Roost, Pressure making the opponent's Stamina deplete faster when they're attacking Zapdos, & probably other things.

So yeah, I currently don't know of a reason to vote for Alibaba rather than Zapdos here. Voting Zapdos.

Last edited:
lol, Alright points table & Brackets updated and with that win that wraps up Alibab's journey here. 2 out 5 wins in total not terrible good effort (y) Zapdos looking unlikely to enter into semi's either depending on how last 2 Group A matches goes next, Well played people.

lol, Alright points table & Brackets updated and with that win that wraps up Alibab's journey here. 2 out 5 wins in total not terrible good effort (y) Zapdos looking unlikely to enter into semi's either depending on how last 2 Group A matches goes next, Well played people.
Ominous, yet interesting. I do wonder what fearsome opponent(s) will be next to be featured in these fun little debates....

Back