• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Battle of Gods, but I have a good argument :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? It’s still a universe, but isn’t infinite. How does that go against it being a universe.
Sorry I’m just confused
if it’s finite then that would mean it’s not universe SIZED which is weird and would be like
a multi galaxy++ sized universe or something? Which kinda implies that Goku is only multi galaxy+ level or something…

Sorry I’m just confused
if it’s finite then that would mean it’s not universe SIZED which is weird and would be like
a multi galaxy++ sized universe or something? Which kinda implies that Goku is only multi galaxy+ level or something…
Not all universes are infinite?

Sorry I’m just confused
We accept each universe in every fictional verse as the size of our observable universe [unless there is a contradiction]

Sorry I’m just confused
Our universe isn’t infinite, tho…

Sorry I’m just confused
The observable universe is universe level. Not multi galaxy++. The living world in dragon ball is this big at least.
It's whether or not the cosmology works.
Can you give a little more detail?

Sorry I’m just confused
Universes in fiction by default are rated as the same size as our known universe, which is not infinite, it only has about 93 billion light-years knowns, so, unless the verse stated to the size of the universe be lower or higher than it, all universes by default are 93 billion light-years

What's the argument against right now?
Let me condense my argument against the OP :

Claim : the Living Realm and the Outer Realm are dimensionally separate spaces which makes their simultaneous destruction Tier 2 because of the unquantifiable distances involved

Contradiction : Goku can casually teleport from King Kai planet (inside the Outer Realm) to Earth (inside the Living Realm) but he can't casually teleport from Beerus' planet (inside the Living Realm) to Earth (also inside the Living Realm)

Therefore, the quantifiable distance between Beerus'planet and Earth is greater than the unquantifiable distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, meaning that the basis of arguing Tier 2 is invalid

Claim : the Living Realm and the Outer Realm are dimensionally separate spaces which makes their simultaneous destruction Tier 2 because of the unquantifiable distances involved

Contradiction : Goku can casually teleport from King Kai planet (inside the Outer Realm) to Earth (inside the Living Realm) but he can't casually teleport from Beerus' planet (inside the Living Realm) to Earth (also inside the Living Realm)

Therefore, the quantifiable distance between Beerus'planet and Earth is greater than the unquantifiable distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, meaning that the basis of arguing Tier 2 is invalid
Thing is, they’re never implied to being far away from the universe and seem to be right next to it, so that argument doesn’t really work.

That was never the main argument for BoG be Tier 2, it the fact that each universe had its own separated space-time.

The unquantifiable distances its not the main argument (or an argument at all) for BoG be Tier 2, it the fact that each universes had its own separated space-time.
Unquantifiable distances are quite literally the basis upon which the you'd build the argument that destroying separated spacetimes should be Tier 2 ... Without the unquantifiable distances, the tier 2 argument just doesn't work

Oh my. I just realized how badly this thread has been made.

60% of this thread focuses on the cosmology as how the DB universe has different realms. Well, that's common knowledge. I thought that was being used to make a 2-C argument lol.

But the thread is about BoG being Low 2-C, which means 60% of the OP is useless. Anyway,

However, there is a reason that their feat is considered a Tier 2 feat, in spite of time never being mentioned. This is because the two of them were threatening to destroy two universes simultaneously. The assumption is: "Since their destruction would extend to an entirely separate dimension, logically they would have to affect their space-time continua"
This is because different universes are treated to possess different space-time continuums by default. So if you are destroying 2 universes, it is assumed that you are also breaching the 4-D axis, because without that, it wouldn't be possible.

for the same reason Beerus and Champa's feat is considered Tier 2, Goku and Beerus' feat should be considered Tier 2 rather than 3-A
No. Because U7 is treated to be a single universe. In a destruction of one universe, the above logic doesn't apply. We don't assume by default that time is also destroyed in the destruction of one universe.

he went from "The two of them would reduce every planet and galaxy to space dust" to "The universe is completely done for".
There is no difference between the two statements. A statement like the latter is also considered to be 3-A unless time is mentioned or evidenced. The former just hits the nail in the coffin even further.

Unquantifiable distances are quite literally the basis upon which the you'd build the argument that destroying separated spacetimes should be Tier 2 ... Without the unquantifiable distances, the tier 2 argument just doesn't work
That only for 2-C and beyond, it isn't a requirement for Low 2-C.

Last edited:
This is because different universes are treated to possess different space-time continuums by default. So if you are destroying 2 universes, it is assumed that you are also breaching the 4-D axis, because without that, it wouldn't be possible.
I don't even think we assume this for Dragon Ball though. Pretty sure I've seen CRT's get denied for this same reason.

I see, well I will spectate.

Oh my. I just realized how badly this thread has been made.

60% of this thread focuses on the cosmology as how the DB universe has different realms. Well, that's common knowledge. I thought that was being used to make a 2-C argument lol.

But the thread is about BoG being Low 2-C, which means 60% of the OP is useless. Anyway,

No. Because U7 is treated to be a single universe. In a destruction of one universe, the above logic doesn't apply. We don't assume by default that time is also destroyed in the destruction of one universe.

There is no difference between the two statements. A statement like the latter is also considered to be 3-A unless time is mentioned or evidenced. The former just hits the nail in the coffin even further.
Thing is, even the mortal universe is 3A, the other realms are separate realms as shown in the OP, and it should be Low 2C.

Thing is, even the mortal universe is 3A, the other realms are separate realms as shown in the OP, and it should be Low 2C.
The distance between a place in the mortal universe (Earth) and a place in one of the major other realm (King Kai's planet) is provably less than the distance between two places within the mortal universe (Beerus' planet and Earth) so the destruction of other realms is also 3A

On the other hand, God of Destruction Beerus who finally woke up after 39 years beyond the universe, was striving when the name of an unknown identity that is suppose to be his rival on his foresight dream came to mind. What is the name of the identity!
A little late, but his planet is "beyond the universe", so perhaps it is not located in the Living World.

The distance between a place in the mortal universe (Earth) and a place in one of the major other realm (King Kai's planet) is provably less than the distance between two places within the mortal universe (Beerus' planet and Earth) so the destruction of other realms is also 3A
That doesn’t make much sense when you critically think about it. Even if they were dimensionally disconnected from each other, they could still be extremely close to each other, no reason why this contradicts anything.

I don't even think we assume this for Dragon Ball though. Pretty sure I've seen CRT's get denied for this same reason.
Pretty sure Zeno wouldn't be 2-C if that were the case.

I mean, this boils down to if you consider them being spatially separate as being temporally separate as well. Which is not something we do. But this is a cosmology argument, and since the OP isn't trying to change that, it would be derailing.

I think that doesn't matter since despite the distance being quantifiable, the attacks destroying the universe are still crossing seperated realms which means that they should be effecting space time, at least that's what I think the original poster intended.

You are just assuming.......
A lot of things are built on assumption, including cosmology. The fact is beyond (at or to the further side of, referring to the latter in this case) implies it isn't in the mortal world. Which makes sense because Beerus isn't a mortal.

I think that doesn't matter since despite the distance being quantifiable, the attacks destroying the universe are still crossing seperated realms which means that they should be effecting space time, at least that's what I think the original poster intended.
They will be crossing a space-time that is provably smaller than the cross-Universe space-time so it's still 3A regardless

To be fair, this has more wide-ranging issues because it puts into question the MFTL+ travel speeds of Beerus and Whiz in BoG as well
The Wiki, as far as I know, does not acknowledge those feats anymore.
Everybody scales off of the energy explosion that engulfed the universe Goku and Beerus created when their beams collided with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back