• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem! Glad to hear you're doing well

Is this fine for you? And also thanks for your worries :3

Is this fine for you? And also thanks for your worries :3
The scan links are great, thanks a ton!

Regarding the statistics, I'll make some edits to those on my own end. Low 2-C can prett much be removed from Eru's profile.

Most of the P and A of LOTR need revision, there's a lot that needs to be worked on.

I've mostly just been working on fixing statistics before anything though, but I'll probably bring up some stuff for the Ainur Low 2-C defence/additional stuff.

Edit: Eru's profile even has stuff from the outright abandoned Dagor Dagorath. I might have brought up some earlier works as additional justification, but wow that's iffy.

Most of the P and A of LOTR need revision, there's a lot that needs to be worked on.

I've mostly just been working on fixing statistics before anything though, but I'll probably bring up some stuff for the Ainur Low 2-C defence/additional stuff.

Edit: Eru's profile even has stuff from the outright non-canon Dagor Dagorath. I might have brought up some earlier works as additional justification, but wow that's iffy.
Yap, I can help you with it, but plot manipulation need more context. Also, does he have any resistance? If yes, this one needs tabber.

Edit: Eru's profile even has stuff from the outright abandoned Dagor Dagorath. I might have brought up some earlier works as additional justification, but wow that's iffy.
I can help you with my friend Pasya he is also a lord of the rings supporter which I admire too, We are both LOTR supporters from Indonesia.

Regarding Eru's profile, I decided to fix the broken links that were in the P and A section regarding Time Stop and Empath Manipulation.

Sorry about the long silence Merchant
Galadriel going by how Tolkien constantly was rewriting her was meant to be a power house and is seemingly Fëanors equal and in Unfinished Tales her Light dispersed Saurons darkness in the Cirion and Eorl story. She is also said to be the greatest of the Eldae in mE which is why she took one of the 3 Great Rings the other 2 being Gil-Galad and Cirdan and considering Gil-Galad fought Sauron most likely "greatest" refers to power in that statement.
Dispersing Sauron's darkness in that context is pretty unsubstantial, as Sauron was weaker than he was even during the War of the Ring.

Galadriel as the greatest "the greatest of the Eldar surviving in Middle-earth..." in Unfinished Tales is in isolation, and her comparison to Feanor feels frankly unsubstantiated since she lacks any feats supporting it. She's outright inferior to Sauron in both Second and Third Ages, and unlike most characters, she lacks evidence that she's grown weaker

Glorfindel is pretty much solid how I see it an Elven Lord with the power of the 2 trees taking down a Balrog with a mutual kill and then becoming a near equal to the Maiar from Valinor post reincarnation with his light capanle of driving away the Nazgûl in similar fashion to Gandalf the White. I do believe he is weaker than the 3 mentioned Elves + Elrond though cause of the Rings of Power argument but who knows. Glorfindels reincarnation wasn't just a pure power boost either it made him more "Maia" in nature like Gandalf the White. He could fly and phase thru objects according to Tolkien in one of his letters.
I'm not sure about the flying and phasing part, I haven't been able to find that yet. Could you send me the line?

In regard to his powers, I don't personally think Elrond would be stronger than him, but I don't believe that there's any direct comparisons in this regard.

What do you guys think of Men from Númenor? The lore straight up says they're actually stronger than elves just not as agile.
Numenoreans are definitely worth looking into.

As for Maia feats there is a statement right after Sauron shakes Barad-Dûr that he sent a "tremor thru his realm" might be hyperbole though I suggest you guys look at it. He also has mental influence on all his non human troops in case you guys want to add that as a power, without said influence his troops went from fearless and efficent to chaotic and panicking en masse.

Sauron also caused Orodruin to erupt and sent a massive cloud out as well hut that seemed to be already covered, the entire existence of Barad-Dûr (which in the books isn't just a tower but seems more like a city of sorts) is held up by his power and seemingly indestructible.
Was this ever calc'd? Sorry if it was, but the Eru argument overshadowed everything.

I actually found a statement that does say all the Valar were needed to chain down Morgoth btw but I can't find it atm.
I don't believe this is true. From his final overthrow Eönwë alone was enough, while his first saw Tulkas throw him on his face alone (or with Manwe). Even at his strongest, he fled from the combined Valar (minus Tulkas)

I don't believe this is true. From his final overthrow Eönwë alone was enough, while his first saw Tulkas throw him on his face alone (or with Manwe). Even at his strongest, he fled from the combined Valar (minus Tulkas)
Nah Sauron > the Valar

Anyway, I think that we can continue to discuss changes to powers and abilities in this thread.

It is good if chapter source references are added to Eru's page for important quotation scans in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back