• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Loki's Magical Prowess? (Try 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyRegulator

VS Battles
Retired
After the many retcons of Loki in the past three years I think his profile needs to be desperately updated. I know Marvel characters are tricky to rate however Loki has several feats of his own that either don't involve powerscaling from other marvel characters and if they do, they don't overly conflict with consistent showings.

Attack Potency: Planet level (inferior to Thor)

Durability: Large Planet has consistently taken blows from Sutter and Thor.

Speed: Massively Hypersonic with Lightspeed reactions (Consistently faster than Thor) Granted he didn't dodge Thor's hammer moving at the speed of light once, however, this seems reasonable as later showings have him cross planets and catch a moving Silver Surfer.

Striking Strength: GJ (Destroyed a building with one punch)

Range: Multiversal (there are many examples of this before and after his many reincarnations and retcons)

Also, new keys should be made due to the many retcons of the character lately. Most notably: Kid Loki, Ikol (Teen Loki) King Loki and God of Stories Loki.

Well, he is officially listed at the same speed level as Spider-Ma, and at the same physical power level as Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), which means at best supersonic speed and City level physical strength, and that is being generous. His degree of magic powers are an unknown variable however, but are likely far higher.

And the power scaling doesn't particularly work, as Marvel is likely the most inconsistent franchise on the planet in regards to power levels. I am afraid that we are stuck with gauging actual feats.

Yeah. Power scaling doesn't work that well. Marvel Universe is as inconsistent as DC is likely to reboot.

@Gemmysaur I see. I didn't realize it was so bad we don't use it at all in regards to this franchise.

@Antvasima Ok. Did they specify what sort if speed though? Travel wise he should be anywhere from MHS+ to FTL (faster than lightning and travelled from Asgard to Earth). Combat wise supersonic is possible. Individually, Loki's destructive feats include destroying magical artifacts (Celestial Machine, Dr.Strange's amulet) and the planet level statement. The official handbooks also state his lifting strength is 60 tons IIRC.

60 tons is reasonable for him I guess. Destroying magical artifacts can hardly count as feats if they have no usable numbers for durability.

As for the Planet Level statement...

"kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of." - Meaning of 'Decimate' according to google.

No, the handbooks state that his lifting strength is either 35 tons, or more recently 50 tons.

His flight speed might be MFTL+ for all that I know, but I do not know of any feats on that level. He is rated as regular superhuman movement speed though.

It could go from razing the land (Multi-Continental) to destroying the planet (Planet Level +/- depending on the size of the planet relative to Earth, as for all we know, it could've been a little larger than a planetoid).

We cannot really take anything literally about the Surfer's statement. Back when first introduced, Galactus was strictly planet level and the Surfer far below that.

It was a higher plane of existence, but how high I don't know. He also captured all of Asgard's stories if that is quantifiable at all, I have no clue.

Ambiguous statement to me. So he learned weather manipulation? Or he acquired star level attack power or something?

I have read the story, but I am afraid that it seems unquantifiable.

We can try to gauge classic Loki though.

The Bifrost nearly instantly transports anybody, so not really.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
what is your questiojn about darkrai?
Why is he sub-relativistic from powerscaling from the trio? I thought it was agreed due to the massive inconsistencies powerscaling by the god tiers wasn't advised.

Also, considering Classic Loki's best destructive feats include powerscaling I think his AP and Durability should remain unknown but I would still like to upgrade his speed (MHS, possibly FTL for travelling to Earth from space in his race against Silver Surfer), his range (Multiversal) and updating his keys to portray the current Loki in the new Mighty Thor.

Without any calculations, those flying speed feats are unquantifiable I'm afraid. However, we can scale him and the other Asgardians to the same Supersonic speed as Spider-Man.

You can change Loki, Balder, and Heimdal to supersonic speed, yes.

Okay. Thanks. I will close this thread then, but if you find any reliable high level feats for classic Loki, you can ask somebody to reopen it.

New feats: Loki was stated to have the power of a Universe, was cracking Dr.Strange's shield (possibly acting as evidence to this statement?) and was stated to be comparable to Dormamu in a story where he was depicted as the Lord of his dimension.

LokiBlastPower01StrangeTales123
LokiMagicPower10Avengers115
Low 2-C Loki?

I dunno. That's very much above Thor for me to see as plausible. On another note. Brevoort said that Thor and Loki has reflexes like that of a regular asgardian. If whatever scaling (or feats) we get for Thor accepted, then it would apply to Loki and every other asgardian maybe. Thoughts?

Right. I thought the same, however Thor physically would still be far superior but magic wise Loki has been considered to comparable or even superior to that of Odin IIRC. Sometimes it's even said that no Asgardian can stop him by other characters.

If it's too much, he's been said to wield power of "star upon star" which would be large star level.

Screenshot 2016-04-06-08-37-01
We agreed on At Least Hypersonic+ according to the databook. Probably FTL for Thor's speed.

Yes, At Least Hypersonic+. Probably FTL for the Asgardians seem fine though the databooks insist Loki< the average Asgardian.

Loki has his own speed feat that's calced at sub-relatavistic+ so we should probably use that.

At Least Hypersonic+. Probably Sub-relativistic+ should suffice.

I'm good with the speed. It looks like that is the best for him.

Magic-wise though, I can't say I agree. I mean Skyfather-level (Multi-galaxy) Loki is a tough thing for me to swallow.

The pic said that Loki faced a creature with the power of "a star piled upon star" if I understand the pixelated text well. It also said that he was reduced to "a scream in the wind."

I can't say the thing he faced allows for Loki to scale to it powerwise. How did their fight go?

I misread. It's likely referring to the Void and as for their fight...not so much a fight as a slaughter, where Loki is the slaughtered.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I misread. It's likely referring to the Void and as for their fight...not so much a fight as a slaughter.
How do we quantify "star piled upon star"? Multi-star or something? Large Star? Solar System? Or is it a term for galactic threat or something?

Loki would fall at about Thor level if it's Large Star.

Void, you mean Sentry Void?

Large Star, and Loki definitely can't scale from that, now that I remember the context.

There's this though.

I meant Large Star level Void stomping Loki means he's around or below Dwarf Star level Thor.

Who's the guy there Loki is facing?

Maybe he's amped to Universal but he can't raise anymore power output than what he already can?? Idk. Yeah, maybe hyperbole.

Well, they are the only quantifiable feats I found so far. It should probably be noted that Low 2-C AP Loki is only via magic and he's a glass canon otherwise. Also, his range should be upgraded to Universal.

I'm good with that but Loki scaling is probably PIS, or outlier; whichever is the more applicable term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back