• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link being a valid Composite or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every "Link" is technically the same character, but not like, say, Godzilla, every Link has the exact same soul, as each Link is a different reincarnation from it, all holding the same soul, once again.

What does "have the same soul" mean? Why is it mentioned as a point?

Does the soul canonically allow each Link to have the abilities, weapons, powers and abilities of each other?

Basically Link suffers conventional reincarnation (when one dies the next one gets the same soul, but without the memories).

Meaning that they really don't get "canon composite", even if Nintendo may treat Link like that as a whole to make the way to reference him simpler.

I would agree with this since there are other Links aside from the ones played as in games from the legends of Hyrule and such. It's a way to put all of those incarnations into the original spirit of the hero.

What's the logic behind "Nintendo treats Link as composite"? Why should we care if the games don't reflect it? Nintendo's definition of composite may be based off something else entirely and they may view it as a cute reference for why Link is a relatively consistant character wise across different interations.

None, just brought that up as it has been done so before, but yeah, if it wasn't obvious, it really doesn't hold anything.

We already have a thread on that, boys. It's even been highlighted.

Whether or not Link stays is entirely up to that.

Inverted Tempest said:
Isn't that Staff Only though?
"Staff Only" often is just a fancy way of saying "don't derail and try to support the thread getting concluded".

Meaning that if you have something worthy of being brought up that doesn't derail, you can go ahead even if you aren't staff unless explicitly stated otherwise (This case not being one of them).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
We already have a thread on that, boys. It's even been highlighted.

Whether or not Link stays is entirely up to that.
Dargoo literally said to make a separate thread for it.

Inverted Tempest said:
I would agree with this since there are other Links aside from the ones played as in games from the legends of Hyrule and such. It's a way to put all of those incarnations into the original spirit of the hero.
^This.

Link's compositing is because he doesn't have a main Link, it's all different versions. It's like how Zora, Goron, Gerudo, and some future enemy pages being planed to added are composite variations.

I support Triforce's idea that he brought up. About changing Composite Link to the Spirit of the Hero.

We composite Zelda and Ganon too don't we? Well I suppose Ganon's the same guy but Zelda's also reincarnations iirc.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Link's compositing is because he doesn't have a main Link, it's all different versions. It's like how Zora, Goron, Gerudo, and some future enemy pages being planed to added are composite variations.
Aren't those races? They of course are composites of sorts with the exception of those who are well...exceptions within those races such as Ganon. How does that compare to Link?

Yeah, I agree C. Link should stay as "The Spirit of the Hero", since they are explicity different aspects and reincarnations of the same character.

GiverOfThePeace said:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/race "a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock"

All those versions of the Link belong to the same spirit.
Why is Link having the same spirit being compared to a composite profile of a race? The definition of race is irrelevent here unless each Link is apart of the Link race that I'm unaware of. Having the same spirit doesn't justify a composite profile, at least not the current one.

"The definition of race is irrelevant"

I didn't now we reach this hard now.

He's objectively part of a race of heroes that is the psirit of the hero. It does, cause like triforce said in a previous thread, it's not even a composite in a way.

I'm reaching by calling Link not a race? When has this ever been a thing?

You're trying to justify composite Link by using a baseless reasoning such as this?

I don't think Changing it to "spirit of the hero" makes it any better.

For one thing, some Links are mutually exclusive. The whole timeline thing causes this. 1 link wont exist if another link didn't die and so on. It's not reslly possible to be all of them at once.

Moreover, at no point in the series does such a being actually manifest armed wjth the powers and equipment of every link. Maybe an overarching arcetype exists, but there is no evidence of such a thing having composite abilities and equipment. We would ultimately still be indexing a character that doesn't exist, whether or not it's called a composite.

Ganondorf is just one character; he's not composite. Princess Zelda on the other hand is composite which also could use some work.

There are 19 profiles for the various Links, what is the point of a composite?

It'd be one thing if somehow, some kind of way, all the Links fused together in some sort of epic crossover event but they haven't. Composite Link is a hypotheical construct that doesn't actually exist.

Dienomite22 said:
I'm reaching by calling Link not a race? When has this ever been a thing?
You're trying to justify composite Link by using a baseless reasoning such as this?
Imagine a definition being baseless

We live in a society.

Spirit of the Hero is basically Skyward Sword Link getting reborn time and time again.

C2 of Omegon said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
There's no mutually exclusive Link, literally every Link is stated to have the spirit of the hero.

The character does exist, the very page on nintendo shows that and Zelda verse has literally called it, "The Spirit of the Hero" https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit_of_the_Hero
No, it's not a character.
Shoot, the page you linked to event states that it's a force. It's a concept in the Zeldaverse.
"The Spirit of the Hero is a force referenced within the Legend of Zelda series. Little is known about the exact nature of it, but it appears to be the essence of what makes each protagonist in the series Link."

Did you read this part?

Dienomite22 said:
GiverOfThePeace said:
Imagine a definition being baseless

We live in a society.
The your logic was the baseless part, obviously.
"The your logic"

I don't get what you're trying to say there, word it better please.

I'm going to assume you're trying to say my logic(which is correlating to the definition so again, you're calling a definition baseless) is baseless, which I repeat what I said in my quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back