• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limbo vs Reinhard. I hope god won't smite me for this.

Gonna be honest some of the warframe abilities are sounding wanked, but I have not played it in a while so I might be wrong, and I agree with Paul Frank's point.

Firephoenixearl says they can stockpile already built Limbos? Any idea how many they can stockpile at one time?

Also this is not Limbo versus Reinhard, this is The Operator vs Reinhard, and matches with Limbo appear to be skewed in his favour, where is the operator during the fight, why does Limbo being rebuilt count as immortality when it is not the same Limbo? This is basically like have someone remote operate a robot and fight someone else. But you say that it is the robot that is fighting, despite the robot havign no consciousness and then the operator is no where near the fight and the operator being able to rebuild said robot for some reason means the robot gets immortality from it?

Everything12 said:
Firephoenixearl says they can stockpile already built Limbos? Any idea how many they can stockpile at one time?
Well you can have up to 4,294,967,296 warframe slots since its a 32 bit integer

But you can only ever build one limbo and platinum is not canon so you can't buy extra so at most you have one limbo and one limbo prime

So looking at this all

I'm doubting time travel because I literally can't remember one instance where the tenno did it with their own power of their own will and in a combat applicable way

You can canonically only have two limbos the blueprints are given to you by a quest that you can only do once. And limbo prime is the other one but primes are supposed to be lost anyway so having a bunch is unlikely

For frames other than limbo and Inaros then you can have at most 4,294,967,296 copies of one but that is again unlikely as I'm pretty sure expanding your armory slots is not canon. I'm addition build times of 3 days kinda makes it unlikely you can build more since plat is not canon

Also, which opinions were counted as voted for Limbo? And why some are not for Reinhard when he can beat Limbo by killing the operator. There are also some inconclusive arguments but it still at 0.

@Paul Frank

I mean even if they had space of over 4 billion warframe is it even canon for them to have more than one of a warframe stockpiled? why would they have the maximum amount of space for a singular warframe. That makes no sense.

Rocker1189 said:
@Paul Frank

I mean even if they had space of over 4 billion warframe is it even canon for them to have more than one of a warframe stockpiled? why would they have the maximum amount of space for a singular warframe. That makes no sense.
Oh no its definitely not canon to have multiple copies of one frame at most they would have one frame and their prime variant and with limbo in particular he can't be rebuilt.

I was just pointing out what the cap is

In addition the whole deconstruction into data only works if simaris wants a target. If simaris doesn't want a target it just info analyses them and I'm pretty sure that's not just game mechanics

The item is given to you by simaris with the purpose of scanning targets he gives you to bring them to the sanctuary not to scan everything and shove it in the sanctuary

I have 1000 hours in Warframe and I still don't know from where Limbo has Time Travel. Can someone tell me?

Zaratthustra said:
I have 1000 hours in Warframe and I still don't know from where Limbo has Time Travel. Can someone tell me?
He says it's the tenno in general but I've played literally since day one and I don't know where it comes from either

@Rocker

Well we do fights based on "what if these 2 characters met by chance and fought?". In a scenario like that Limbo would work exactly like this. With the operator backing him up, moving him, bringing him back etc. I asked Ant if a case like this was fair or applicable in vs debates (long ago), and IIRC he said something along the lines of "If that's how the character would usually fight or how a fight with said character would result in, then yes it can be assumed so and it can be treated the same as "standard equipment" or the same as how we have duo characters". So that's the idea of the operator and warframe.

@Paul

Holy geez the amount xD. Also you're treating plat as game mechanics but not warframe slots? Rly? xD. Im sorry but how would warframe slots translate in lore exactly? Hell even the amount you said is not true, as the amount is potentially infinite (or endless i guess i should say, the lore isn't bound by 32 bit, only the game's mechanics are bound by that). Warframe, weapon slots, or any sort of limit that makes no logical sense in an actual fight is game mechanics. I'd even say the "1 secondary, 1 primary 1 melee per mission" is game mechanics. In a fight where we give the operator knowldedge i see no reason why he would be unable to leave the primary and take 2 seconaries instead, it has no meaning story wise. And it's possible to create copies of blueprins and stuff like that, how did you think non-prime warframes came into existence, just recreating parts of Limbo and stuff.

@Warren

Well it's type 9 immort for the sake of it. But Limbo's true self is not The Operator. The operator is just the controler, the spear won't be killing the operator through limbo, there is no logical connection between the existence of the 2 besides the "controller" and "the controlled". Limbo is not part of the operator, just his tool.

About glads making Limbo fodder? While that may work im not entirely sure, as the void energy would still be inside limbo and would enter glads along with him.

And about the votes i will count them i was just waiting for some more knowledgable members on Masada.

So that's the idea of the operator and warframe.

Great, except beating Limbo would be beating Limbo, you dont get to do this beat Limbo, then beat another Limbo and so on, they are 2 different Limbos. The moment you beat 1 you have won the match.

Time Travel comes from being able to go back and forth through the pre and post destruction moon eras. The Operator can just go to the pre moon destruction era, kill reinhard, call it a day.

Dude, you ar emixing up gameplay and lore, in lore there is literally no consistent time travel same thing with this operator rebuilding Limbo nonsense.

@fire because the max amount of frames in lore would be lower. There is limited space you can store stuff in

Firephoenixearl said:
Time Travel comes from being able to go back and forth through the pre and post destruction moon eras. The Operator can just go to the pre moon destruction era, kill reinhard, call it a day.
Fire please tell me you don't mean when they time travel in lua spy missions

For sure. Unfortunately since I am pretty unfamiliar with current Warframe I wont be able too help much. This is feeling liek High 6-A warframe all over again.

Firephoenixearl said:
What? Are you not using your brain?

Firephoenixearl said:
@Warren

Well it's type 9 immort for the sake of it. But Limbo's true self is not The Operator. The operator is just the controler, the spear won't be killing the operator through limbo, there is no logical connection between the existence of the 2 besides the "controller" and "the controlled". Limbo is not part of the operator, just his tool.

About glads making Limbo fodder? While that may work im not entirely sure, as the void energy would still be inside limbo and would enter glads along with him.

And about the votes i will count them i was just waiting for some more knowledgable members on Masada.
Well, then that's either Type 6 or 8 immortality since Limbo is reliant on The Operator for literally everything, however, the spear still negates that.

That reliance of Limbo to The Operator is the connection - just like there is a connection between Reinhard and Mercurius.

And Limbo's void energy is given to him from The Operator, yes? Cutting off the system in which Limbo is given his power will mean that he doesn't have that energy anymore, it's like shutting the water off and trying to turn on a facet.

@Paul Not rly, why would there be limited space, you mean the spaceship? Yeah that place is large enough to store like 100 warframes, which means like doubles of each. The warframe slots are just game mechanics for people to buy plat.

@Rocker

What? Replay missions? Who said that? The moon is destroyed in the era warframe exists. The operator can literally go back in time to before it was destroyed. Where did you get the replay missions?

Building and rebuiliding warframes is completely cannon. Stalker destroys warframes for fun, yet they still exist. When Stalker met hunhow he was literally holding on to Loki's head and hunhow said "no matter how much you kill them they always come back". What do you mean it's not lore? That's like 1 of the biggest plot points in lore, the fact that warframes cannot be put down, "the ultimate soldiers".

Pre Moon Destruction Era is in the Warframe verse, it's not an Era where Reinhard exists. Also, that's for lore and it's not limbo power.

Paul Frank said:
In addition the whole deconstruction into data only works if simaris wants a target. If simaris doesn't want a target it just info analyses them and I'm pretty sure that's not just game mechanics
The item is given to you by simaris with the purpose of scanning targets he gives you to bring them to the sanctuary not to scan everything and shove it in the sanctuary
And the targets cycle daily. Simaris sure is picky eh? The target preferences is just game mechanics so that it doesn't break the reputation farming. Why would simaris pick one today, and tomorrow another one and not accept any others. I mean if he does need the info on them why require them 1 by 1? He still needs info on them. We went over this, the fact that he only requires 1 per day and a different one each day means that any opponent would be fine, but it's limited to 1 per day so that the meta and reputation of the game doesn't break.

What? Replay missions? Who said that? The moon is destroyed in the era warframe exists. The operator can literally go back in time to before it was destroyed. Where did you get the replay missions?

As a consistent thing the operator has a time travel machine? Or equipment or ability? Can you provide proof of this? Even the warframe wiki or anything would be good.

Building and rebuiliding warframes is completely cannon. Stalker destroys warframes for fun, yet they still exist. When Stalker met hunhow he was literally holding on to Loki's head and hunhow said "no matter how much you kill them they always come back". What do you mean it's not lore? That's like 1 of the biggest plot points in lore, the fact that warframes cannot be put down, "the ultimate soldiers".

According to Paul Frank there is only 1 Limbo and he cant be rebuilt.

And what you posted supported that yeah they can be built but not in minutes.

Rocker1189 said:
As a consistent thing the operator has a time travel machine? Or equipment or ability? Can you provide proof of this? Even the warframe wiki or anything would be good.
It was a quest, i don't remember which quest it was but your roads were blocked off by the destroyed walls and stuff. And the operator had to go back to pre orokin moon era to get through, it started as a quest then became the idea behind all current moon spy missions.

Firephoenixearl said:
It was a quest, i don't remember which quest it was but your roads were blocked off by the destroyed walls and stuff. And the operator had to go back to pre orokin moon era to get through, it started as a quest then became the idea behind all current moon spy missions.
Again some proof would be nice, a quest could make it a 1 time thing and not anything consistent that can be done deliberately.

@fire the ship can only store so many frames and as I said you can only get one limbo and possibly some limbo primes but again build times are a thing

And fire if you are talking about the lua mission time travel that is 1. Not the tenno's own power 2. Not of their own volition and 3. Not combat applicable in anyway

@Paul You can only get 1 Limbo, is not exactly true. The lores have shown time and time again that warframes die in the hands of the stalker mainly (cus he can negate Regenerationn), but they still come back. Saying the stalker has never canonically met Limbo would be way too far fetched considering, warframe cloning is how Limbo came into existence in the first place.

Elaborate on that.

Since there is much debate on the validity of the Limbo's powers from multiple people who have played the game - can we get some scans or something?

That would put all of this back and forth to rest, no?

Ok, let me help you guys with some info.

1. Limbo can be built only once because it's a quest for its parts, and then bought with platinum from the market again once. There is also a chance to get its blueprint without parts from login reward, but only the blueprint so no parts then no Limbo. 2 Limbo Maximum because Limbo Prime it's another Limbo so he's excluded.

2. Time Travel is only for Luo Missions. It exists in the already futuristic Verse of Warframe. It's already in the future of it. It's not in our Era/Time/etc. So, no way to reach the time of Reinhard. Also, the time travel only works for Luo, nothing more-nothing less.

3. Platinum is not canon. The point, it's a game mechanic for players to buy/sell things in the GAME. It's not lore.

Back