• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limbo vs Reinhard. I hope god won't smite me for this.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Paul You can only get 1 Limbo, is not exactly true. The lores have shown time and time again that warframes die in the hands of the stalker mainly (cus he can negate Regenerationn), but they still come back. Saying the stalker has never canonically met Limbo would be way too far fetched considering, warframe cloning is how Limbo came into existence in the first place.

Elaborate on that.
Limbo was canonically stuck in the rift in pieces a single copy of his blueprints was able to be recovered by ordis barely thanks to the signals sent.

The time travel is done through dimensional tears that already exist on lua

Firephoenixearl said:
@Paul You can only get 1 Limbo, is not exactly true. The lores have shown time and time again that warframes die in the hands of the stalker mainly (cus he can negate Regenerationn), but they still come back. Saying the stalker has never canonically met Limbo would be way too far fetched considering, warframe cloning is how Limbo came into existence in the first place.
Elaborate on that.
Or it just means that Limbo has never died to the Stalker, other warframe have died to him does nto mean every warframe has died to him. And if it is fact that Limbo can not be rebuilt then it can not be rebuilt.

Yeah then there should be no time travel, period. In a neutral setting those dimensional tears would not exist. Not to mention that The Operator would have to travel to where they are, then travel back to where the fight is happening.

Not that I know of, he would just be speared and even if he could somehow come back, it would be speared again.

wait, I forgot reinhard does nto spear people in character lol.

So, Time Travel isn't a win condition, meaning Limbo doesn't have any way to get him out of Gladheimr once he's in, and their is only, at max, two Limbo's. If this is true then the first Limbo is lost in Gladheimr, separated from The Operator, when Reinhard summons Gladheimr at the start of the match, then the second one is sent out and destroyed by Reinhard without even having the chance to attack him because of Gladheimr and him being out of its range, and The Operators continued existence means nothing to this match because its LIMBO vs Reinhard and theirs no more Limbos.

If that is the case then I vote Reinhard.

@Zara

1. Warframes can be cloned. Same as how Loki, Rhino, Ash, and all of them can get cloned. There was only 1 limbo clone at first, if the lotus or whoever does that can create infinite copies of all warframes why can't she make clones of Limbo? The limbo stuck in the dimension is the FIRST limbo. But they are just robots and can be copied, same as how Limbo was copied from Limbo Prime.

2. The Era difference is moot here though if we take that into consideration because if we do Limbo vs Reinhard cannot even happen. The warframe story begins after Reinhard's story has ended. It's normal to assume it takes place in the futuristic world of warframe.

3. I know is not, same as how MANY other things are not canon.

@Paul

Read up on point 1 i said to Zara.

It is still possible for the operator to time travel using those tears. The eras will be equalized given that this fight is happening.

Those tears only exist due to the moon being moved by lotus way back when so no the tears that are on the moon don't exist in sba universe and can't be used

Given the new info on Limbo's powers, I'll change my vote to Reinhard, as Reinhard has ways to put Limbo down that it can't counter.

1. Dude, time travel is not a Limbo or Operator ability, you cant not give it to them as one.

2. The era does not matter, battles have always happened in a neutral universe, all that matters is that abilities that they have work as stated.

Don't jump to conclusions so fast pls, the time travel is still being discussed.

There are several limbo's. As i said Limbo's can be cloned easily, same as how it has been cloned, so no, it's not max 2.

Limbo can just wait the glads out. As monarch said glads is not permanent and will go out. Rein cannot keep him for eternity.

Reinhard killing limbos with spear is severly out of character. So im gonna need other means by which rein kills limbo. That argument is being directly contradicted by what monarch and warren said.

1. They can be cloned if you go like that, but the fight is not against the Original Limbo. Second, Lotus may clone more but it was never stated or shown. It's like saying Naruto can create infinite clones at the beginning of the Anime because he created 1000 clones but the chakra is not taken in the equation. To build more Limbo you need more materials/parts/blueprint. Till it's shown that there are built two Limbo then the fact is not mot.

2. Was there an Era Equalisation and I didn't see it? They can only go in the Luo Era, just that. From what I remember even at the end of Reinhard's story there was no Luo or warframe being made, but maybe you know something secrete there that all we don't. If Limbo could Time Travel on any time axis be it past-future, then maybe he could but no. He can only go to Luo Era.

3. Then there can not be any more Limbo. If it would have been Limbo Prime then it could be an infinite number of them, but this is Limbo, the original one that DE released.

Glads in ikabey can around last 2 months so it would be incon by then

Limbo was cloned into a single use blueprint because the stars aligned and the limbo theorem materials can't be obtained again so no only one normal limbo and some primes maybe and there is no reason that the tenno would have a million copies of limbo prime

Again ikabey has a 2 month limit so it would be incon

The spear would come out if he was bored by limbo or found him worthy

I'm pretty sure Reinhard doesn't punch normally he uses his undead WWII army, Gladheimr's skeleton form, or he uses his spear without throwing it.

Firephoenixearl said:
Don't jump to conclusions so fast pls, the time travel is still being discussed.
There are several limbo's. As i said Limbo's can be cloned easily, same as how it has been cloned, so no, it's not max 2.

Limbo can just wait the glads out. As monarch said glads is not permanent and will go out. Rein cannot keep him for eternity.

Reinhard killing limbos with spear is severly out of character. So im gonna need other means by which rein kills limbo. That argument is being directly contradicted by what monarch and warren said.
When Limbo's body just falls on the ground after Reinhard summons Glads, the fight will be over and Reinhard will be disappointed that fight he was planning on having is not a fight at all - making it very likely that Reinhard will just throw the spear on the lifeless corpse to just destroy it.

And even if he doesn't do that, he's not just going to leave the lifeless body of Limbo there, he could destroy it without using his spear.

This is either a full stomp for Reinhard and it should be closed or not taken in equation.

The only way I see this not being a stomp is if the battle goes similar to the battle against Ren on the bridge, where Reinhard first move wasn't to sucked his opponent into Gladheimr, and Limbos use its Information Manipulation before Reinhard can destroy it, and the Information Manipulation doesn't activate Reinhard's Immortality. Is this situation at all possible?

I also disagree with the deconstruction working on rein because the synthesis scanner was made by simaris specifically to bring '''his targets''' into the sanctuary and in game it doesn't work on non targets and in lore it is supposed to bring only simaris' targets to the sanctuary so there is no reason for it to work on people that simaris doesn't want

Hmm does it go for inconc then? The 2nd limbo can just wait for glads to end but since it won't end until it becomes inconc then it's just inconc isn't it?

I guess unless Limbo has another way to get past Reinhard's Immortality its a stomp then.

Any idea what has to be done about the fact that the Warframe profiles need revision?

Everything12 said:
The only way I see this not being a stomp is if the battle goes similar to the battle against Ren on the bridge, where Reinhard first move wasn't to sucked his opponent into Gladheimr, and Limbos use its Information Manipulation before Reinhard can destroy it, and the Information Manipulation doesn't activate Reinhard's Immortality. Is this situation at all possible?
Wasn't Reinhard and Glads sealed away until all eight swastikas were filled with souls and Reinhard began his emanation? Isn't that why he Astral Projected, which should be added to his powers, to Earth?

That is not the case here in his IWKBey form. Reinhard never leaved his castle in the novel.

Warren Valion said:
Wasn't Reinhard and Glads sealed away until all eight swastikas were filled with souls and Reinhard began his emanation? That is not the case here.
I might be getting confused with the anime where I'm sure Gladheimr was summoned for that fight, or maybe I'm mistaking the Skeleton Gladheimr for a completely different Golden Skeleton Reinhard controls.

Information manipulation comes from Deconstruction and it's synthesis scanner. It's not a true form of information manipulation. Also to work it needs the target to no be aware of you, but once you scan one thing the target becomes aware. You need to scan 3-4 times for it to be deconstructed on becoming information. Also, you need to root the target for its points of analysis to work well. So, no, it a low tier information manipulation that has a lot of weaknesses and it won't work on Reinhard. It was only used on fodder targets.

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm does it go for inconc then? The 2nd limbo can just wait for glads to end but since it won't end until it becomes inconc then it's just inconc isn't it?
Why wouldn't Reinhard just destroy the other Limbo?

• He could just invite that Limbo inside, which will lead it to be disconnected from The Operator like the first one, and then destroy that one's body as well.
  • He could just see the second Limbo, realize the fight will be a non-fight like the first one and just snipe him with the spear.
  • He could send his legion out to attack.
  • Et cetera

Honestly, what makes Reinhard lose this whatsoever? This seems stompish to me.

Reinhard can now stomp Beatrice (Wild Arms)-)Her real self is an 25 dimensional) because Reinhard has that irrevelent range.

Everything12 said:
I might be getting confused with the anime where I'm sure Gladheimr was summoned for that fight, or maybe I'm mistaking the Skeleton Gladheimr for a completely different Golden Skeleton Reinhard controls.
*Shudders in disgust*

Anyway, we use the visual novel, not the anime - so I can't say what is or isn't in the anime.

Here's a video showing the scene, the scene stops at 34:00.

Reinhard is an astral projection from Glads which is sealed away because of the First Ark of the Convent ceremony that happened during the Fall of Berlin 1945. He projected himself to Earth because he specifically desired to see the progress of Zarathustra, who he had been promised, by Mercurius, will become the opponent he always desired.

The context for that scene isn't the same in this fight, and thus Reinhard's actions will not be the same.

ABoogieYesSir said:
Reinhard can now stomp Beatrice (Wild Arms)-)Her real self is an 25 dimensional) because Reinhard has that irrevelent range.
Reinhard doesn't have irrelevant range with his spear, that CRT went nowhere and was closed without any changes being made - even though I believe he should have the level of range with the spear, please do not spread information that isn't supported on the profiles.

Well not like it matters unless Limbo has another way to get past his Type 9 we don't know about this is a stomp, but against Methuselah, he didn't immediately trap Methuselah in Gladheimr, though I guess theirs was that their is two different ways to victory thing he was doing.

Everything12 said:
Well not like it matters unless Limbo has another way to get past his Type 9 we don't know about this is a stomp, but against Methuselah, he didn't immediately trap Methuselah in Gladheimr, though I guess theirs was that their is two different ways to victory thing he was doing.
Reinhard was already within Glads at the start of the fight a decent distance away from Meth's "physical body", and Mercurius said there would be two ways to defeat Meth.

One of the ways was for him to empower Wilhiem to fight Meth and the other was to use the spear.

He let Meth and Wilhiem fight first, and after that - Reinhard summoned his spear and instantly threw it - killing Meth.

Again, context changes Reinhard's actions in these scenarios.

Warren Valio *Aye man LLT can reach 1-A realms because of what it did with Marie and the Tenma.

• The LLT is Reinhard's weapon, and Reinhard was created out of Mercurius's desire to die - that's why the LLT is 1-A, it is meant to be able to kill him.
  • If Mercurius's desire created a being with a weapon with the strength to kill him, why wouldn't it have the range or speed to hit him with? It's a pointless weapon then, and I feel like it doesn't make much sense.
  • Reinhard's Briah works on a 1-A level.

Back