• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limbo vs Reinhard. I hope god won't smite me for this.

Zaratthustra said:
I vote for Reinhard, Limbo doesn't have a way to put Reinhard down. Gladsheimr will counter everything Limbo has. I'm sure the Gold can sense the oprerator because he's connected to Limbo and then like others have said he spear him. His Spear is the Spear that pierce the Heavens.
Wow that is incredibly vague, and also not at all reflective of reality. Multiple ways he can be put down have already been brought up, and multiple ways that it does not counter have been brought up.

Zaratthustra said:
I vote for Reinhard, Limbo doesn't have a way to put Reinhard down. Gladsheimr will counter everything Limbo has. I'm sure the Gold can sense the oprerator because he's connected to Limbo and then like others have said he spear him. His Spear is the Spear that pierce the Heavens.
Limbo does have ways to put reinhard down. I've listed several of them.

Gladsheimr is useless due to the Time Travel from The Operator.

Reinhard's ESP is not enough to sense the operator. And void energy is not linked between the 2. The void energy moves inside limbo, who moves it is unknown to Reinhard.

Reinhard has no knowledge over the operator, so he has no way to end the fight, whereas the operator can time travel and use any of his non lethal hax.

Everything12 said:
Limbo can't do anything to Reinhard in Gladsheimr and Reinhard's spear can kill it and its Operator.
Limbo can kill him before he goes into gladeimr via time travel.

Reinhard's spear can't fully kill Limbo and the operator is unknown to reinhard. Both the location and existence.

Another thing that really confuses me is that from my limited knowledge, the original maker of the thread should not favor one party. Shouldn't only the others vote and not the original creator of the post? Or did the no written rule of "Original creator of the thread/debate favorite/argument for one party in battle"?

Maybe it doesn't count but you being so focused on Limbo and favoring him may change the opinion of others as you always bring arguments. As you seem to know more be it wrong or right, by always putting your opinion in a thread created by you then whats for others to debate. If you the creator know so well that Limbo will win then why make this debate?

It's still me (supporter of one side) vs supporter of the other side. I mean there are verses like Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry for example who have literally 0 knowledgable members. Warframe is similar, it has very little knowledgable members. Even though im the OP i have to argue however my vote is null. Im still allowed to argue as long as the debate is logical.

Let me remind you that at several points in this thread people asked him how Limbo could win, so he provided arguments. This does not exist in a vacuum. Arguments are also meant to change the opinions of others, or at least back the validity of your own, so if he has good arguments then he probably will. He does not know, but he will like to see how Limbo compares to one who is otherwise a juggernaut which slaughters about 99.9% of characters on this wiki, which i think is a perfectly ok thing to test.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
He does not know, but he will like to see how Limbo compares to one who is otherwise a juggernaut which slaughters about 99.9% of characters on this wiki, which i think is a perfectly ok thing to test.
Exactly my thoughts when i was about to make this. This thread wasn't even my idea to begin with, i just thought it might be fair.

Paul Frank said:
I must have missed something in warframe because I can't remember the tenno ever time traveling with their own power out of their own volition much less in a combat applicable way
^Where does time travel come from and how does he do it

Yes, one is to bring the arguments about Limbo but not counter all people who voted/said something about Reinhrard. It's just biased opinion.

Fight starts

Reinhard glads and pulls Limbo in to fight him (because just going to the castle and sniping from it with the spear is completely out of character)

Limbo collapses because it's a soulless meat puppet that only moves due to being remote controlled by the operator and I'm pretty sure outside the Throne is outside operators range.

Reinhard is disappointed. Maybe he absorbs the corpse, maybe not. Either way, unless Ikabey mentioned something different, Reinhard does not get all the powers of Limbo because the reason he can use his subordinates briahs is because he can their desires are part of him and thus use their Briahs. Unless he showed himself using Rusalka's witch powers or Trifa's mind reading which are both separate from their Briahs.

A new limbo pops up back in the normal world I guess and wonders where Reinhard is.

Reinhard comes back months later because this is IkaBey key prior to first ark of covenant ritual and thus he can't keep Gladshiemr out indefinitely.

But I'm tired and can't be bothered to continue thinking out the rest of the scenario.

Bye

"I was summoned and now I approach this with trepidation in my heart."

So I like slightly skimmed this thread, but I thought I saw something like how the Spear won't kill Limbo and that sounds like absolute ******* horseshit.

So I am going to need an explanation on that, and mind you, a damn good one will be needed.

Monarch Laciel said:
Reinhard is disappointed. Maybe he absorbs the corpse, maybe not. Either way, unless Ikabey mentioned something different, Reinhard does not get all the powers of Limbo because the reason he can use his subordinates briahs is because he can their desires are part of him and thus use their Briahs. Unless he showed himself using Rusalka's witch powers or Trifa's mind reading which are both separate from their Briahs.

Reinhard comes back months later because this is IkaBey key prior to first ark of covenant ritual and thus he can't keep Gladshiemr out indefinitely.
I wouldn't be surprised if Reinhard could use their powers, you know because he's Reinhard, but he hasn't showcased it, not that I'd really see the reason why he would show them off, but whatever, so I don't know how we treat that - and Limbo is soulless, right? I am pretty sure Reinhard gains the abilities, knowledge, and powers of another from absorbing their soul - that's why he doesn't have Meth's powers I think - so I guess it doesn't matter.

Wasn't there a scene in IWKBey in where Elenore and Wilhiem were theorizing on Reinhard's soul capacity being infinite and him being able to maintain his Briah indefinitely - even before the First Ark of the Covenant? IDK, maybe my memory is screwy.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I like how everyone immediately goes into utter disbelief over Reinhard throwing his spear somehow not killing his enemies in a single blow
It has Masada level 1-A AP, EE, and Death Manipulation that negates all immortality and will never miss its opponent and negates the concept of distance to do so. It's a win-button if Reinhard decides to throw it.

So yeah, seeing anything beat taking that on that isn't a Cthulu Mythos Outer Gods or something on that caliber is ******* ridiculous.

But Reinhard won't throw it that fast unless his opponent is not worthy fightning. But if his opponent is worthy fightning, It's gonna take a while for him to throw it.

Warren Valion said:
So I like slightly skimmed this thread, but I thought I saw something like how the Spear won't kill Limbo and that sounds like absolute ******* horseshit.

So I am going to need an explanation on that, and mind you, a damn good one will be needed.
Ok ok, that almost sounds like a threat.

Limbo is a puppet, a mindless and souless one. The driver of these puppets is The Operator, not because he's connected to these puppets, but because he holds the "controler" (i'll simplify this as much as i can) to control the movements of these puppets. If this puppet does get "speared" the puppet goes bye bye ofc. But The Operator can create as much of these as he wants. Think of an engennier who can build cars. He can build as many as he wants, and no matter what happens to the cars the enennier will not be affected, the cars will go bye bye, others will pop up.

That's the whole idea. So the spear will work (obviously), it's just that it won't end the fight as more clones will pop up. Get the point?

But both you and monarch just said that throwing the spear will come way later on.

Limbo has: Non-Lethal Hax (Incap win conditions) and time travel to counter immortalities and glads (assuming glads never goes out, which according to monarch it will go out), which is what the limbo votes are based upon.

Firephoenixearl said:
Limbo is a puppet, a mindless and souless one. The driver of these puppets is The Operator, not because he's connected to these puppets, but because he holds the "controler" (i'll simplify this as much as i can) to control the movements of these puppets. If this puppet does get "speared" the puppet goes bye bye ofc. But The Operator can create as much of these as he wants. Think of an engennier who can build cars. He can build as many as he wants, and no matter what happens to the cars the enennier will not be affected, the cars will go bye bye, others will pop up.

That's the whole idea. So the spear will work (obviously), it's just that it won't end the fight as more clones will pop up. Get the point?

But both you and monarch just said that throwing the spear will come way later on.

Limbo has: Non-Lethal Hax (Incap win conditions) and time travel to counter immortalities and glads (assuming glads never goes out, which according to monarch it will go out), which is what the limbo votes are based upon.
The Spear can bypass type 9 1-A immortality - he would be able to destroy The Operator when he destroys Limbo, as that just type 9 immortality.

Not that it matters since I am pretty sure he wouldn't start the fight by throwing the spear anyway, he would summon Glads to himself, which will form around Reinhard and Limbo, which then disconnects Limbo from The Operator - which makes Limbo useless.

And what good is any hax supposed to do when he's already dead by being disconnected from his maker? I don't see any viability in Limbo's votes.

Ok so im gonna say this when Rein enters Glad it legit soul rips like everyone around him and he has soul ripped billions iirc.

PsychoWarper said:
Ok so im gonna say this when Rein enters Glad it legit soul rips like everyone around him and he has soul ripped billions iirc.
Reinhard would be in front of Limbo at the start of this fight, and when he summons Glads, it would summon around him and Limbo - which wouldn't soul rip anyone.

Not to mention, Limbo is a soulless robot.

He'd need feats of coming back from a conceptual destruction though.

So some issues I have currently are

As I said I can not remember a single time the tenno time traveled using their own power of their own volition much less in a combat applicable way

How many copies of limbo do we say the tenno has because the build time is definently not just game mechanics

Yes I know, that was about the whole Rein doesnt sense Limbo but senses The Operator so he goes to spear him, but then Fire said he wouldnt notice him due to the 7.7 other billion peoples souls around (although I have a feeling The Operators soul would be different from a humans).

Paul Frank said:
So some issues I have currently are
As I said I can not remember a single time the tenno time traveled using their own power of their own volition much less in a combat applicable way

How many copies of limbo do we say the tenno has because the build time is definently not just game mechanics
BUHP.

Dies Irae characters can locate others via the "color" of their souls. If the Operator is what is powering Limbo, then he should be far stronger than a human and the intensity of his soul should be far greater, making it easy enough to locate him.

What happens is Reinhard summons Gladheimr which then sucks in both Reinhard and Limbo, separating Limbo from The Operator and leaving it as a lifeless machine, then The Operator builds a completely new Limbo. According to Firephoenixearl it then travels back in time (How does its time travel work?) to kill Reinhard before he enters Gladheimr. The problem I see is will killing past Reinhard affect present Reinhard who is in the separate Outerverse of Gladheimr?

Also it takes 3 days to build a new frame assuming you have all the parts done. If not that's an extra 12 hours and I'm 99.9% sure build times are not game mechanics

Back