• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightspeed Flash vs S Class Heroes

He is a hero 13 Rank but his feat is impressive in comparison with most of the remaining heroes

He runs a 1v1 gauntlet versus everyone, starting from weakest to strongest

He gets healed after every win. Where does he stop?

Lightspeed Flash-0
3458090-7076886978-popm

If his sub-real stat is accurate he blitzes up to Blast then gets stomped. Even Tatsumaki would likely lose if she didn't have time to think and put up her barriers.

If not then he likely stops at Bang since he could possibly use his martial arts to compensate for a same tier speed gap, and his AP and Durability is among the best of the S-Class mountain levels.

Lightspeed is canonly much stronger than Bang.

Monster Garou stated that Lightspeed would've badly beaten his prior state.

That prior state was significantly stronger than his previous form.

His previous form could knock down Rover.

Rover casually stomped 2 Bangs at the same time.

Lightspeed is also stated to be one of S-Class's greatest fighters. He has enough skill to at the very least give Bang some trouble in that regard.

But even then I don't think Lightspeed would need his skill if he's that much stronger than Bang. I mean Bang's skill didn't help him against Rover. Why would it help him defeat someone many levels above Rover?

Darkshine and Bang would give him a lot of trouble, Bang might even win since his power and stamina are amazing. Tatsumaki wins mid difficulty and Blast is overkill based on what we know from him

Once again Lightspeed and Darkshine by power scaling are much stronger than Bang, and are several levels above guys who were too strong for Bang's skill or power to deal with.

I believe Lightspeed would handle Pri Pri Prisoner, Metal Bat, Tanktop Master, Genos, Zombie Man, King, Child Emperor, Atomic Samurai, and Bang. I don't know about Watchdog Man or Drive Knight, as their abilities are pretty much unknown. Darkshine would certaintly give him alot of trouble, but I think Flash might be able to win via skill and speed. I think he looses to Tatsumaki, but I could be wrong. Blast likely stomps though.

I completely agree with DarkDragonMedeus.

Ryukama said:
Lightspeed is canonly much stronger than Bang.
Monster Garou stated that Lightspeed would've badly beaten his prior state.

That prior state was significantly stronger than his previous form.

His previous form could knock down Rover.

Rover casually stomped 2 Bangs at the same time.

Lightspeed is also stated to be one of S-Class's greatest fighters. He has enough skill to at the very least give Bang some trouble in that regard.

But even then I don't think Lightspeed would need his skill if he's that much stronger than Bang. I mean Bang's skill didn't help him against Rover. Why would it help him defeat someone many levels above Rover?

Woah, Woah, Woah, Flashy Flash is not canonly stronger than Bang. He might be faster, but he's definitely not stronger. Bang has the strength to one shot certain Dragons that Genos and Pig God could only slightly damage, Flashy Flash has no such feat. Rover was more or less at a stalemate against Bang and Bomb, and Bang did not get serious yet.

Tatsumaki and Bang would beat Flashy Flash decisively. Tatsumaki can aura manipulate, wind pressure, or throw him into space. Bang, the mentor of Garou, would be able to take the power out of Flashy Flash's attacks like Garou did with Metal Bat's and then counter hard. Flash would also lose against Darkshine because Darkshine's body is as durable as Rover's. Atomic Samurai's fight might be hard to tell, he saw through only a few of Monster Garou's attacks, but that's it, Atomic Samurai unarguably has superior swordsmanship, I would say inconclusive. I would also say inconclusive against Watchdog Man, Drive Knight, and Pig God. Pig God has a trump card we don't have enough information about. Flash would beat Genos, Zombieman, Child Emperor, Pri-Pri Prisoner, Tanktop Master.

@Ryukama Garou did not manage to do much damage to Rover either. No one managed to do much damage to Rover, even Saitama's casual punch didn't severely damage Rover. Flashy Flash would have beaten pre transformation Garou because of his speed as Darkshine told Garou.

I remember Garou harming Rover when he punched him like this.

And the One Punch Man Wiki states Rover was "forced into submission by Garou."

But even if both my memory and his page are wrong, Garou prior to transformation should still be superior to Bang at this point.

Regardless of how Lightspeed would've won (by speed, technique, etc.) the fact he can defeat Garou, means he could also defeat Bang.

Yes, Rover doesn't like being knocked around, but even that attack did not severely damage Rover. Garou at that point was still below serious Bang's level. Are you ignoring the fact that when he got serious, he did these 1 2 3 4. Bang blitzed the MA and oneshotted a couple of them. Flashy Flash only has an edge in speed against Bang, everything else Bang has an advantage in.

If Garou is able to penetrate the durability of Rover, even by a little bit, he should have at least somewhat comparable AP. And Rover was able to tank an attack from both Bang and Bomb. And as you said he didn't really take any damage against Bang.

Garou can (even if slightly) harm Rover, something Bang and Bomb did not. Even if Bang wasn't 100% nothing states or suggests that he was severely restraining his power and it wouldn't make sense for Bang to be holding back so much in such a situation.

Bang even comments how durable the monster is and said monster somewhat harms him. Even if he's not at full power, Bang during his fight with Rover should be at least somewhat comparable to the power he had one shotting the other monsters.

Garou somewhat harmed a monster tanking Bang's attacks and damaging him. And Lightspeed can defeat Garou. He's capable of beating someone who has shown to be stronger than or at the very least roughly comparable to Bang.

And I'm not saying Bang was going full power against Rover, but the fact that he excitingly shouted at Bomb to come at him, and Bang believed this was the MA's strongest monster, he likely didn't hold back that much on him. To which Rover still tanked the brothers' barrage, yet was somewhat harmed by Garou's punch.

Garou prior to his transformation was able to damage Golden Sperm.

Garou also is able to somewhat harm Darkshine. Dark being stated to be on par with Bang, and Darkshine talks about times he's sparred with Bang and while losing managed to somewhat hold his own.

Garou broke through Darkshine's defense and says he's become superior. Notice how Garou can confidently tell Darkshine he's better, yet says he would've lost to Lightspeed. This heavily indicates that Lightspeed > Darkshine. If not in strength then at least overall fighting ability.

And Darkshine is stated to be comparable to Bang and has had somewhat even sparring matches with him.

So even not counting the Rover thing, Lightspeed Flash can still beat someone who can beat Bang. And despite you saying Darkshine would beat him and that "his body is as durable as Rover's" Lighspeed is stated capable of defeating a man who harmed Darkshine and eventually defeated him.

You know Garou after the Darkshine fight and Garou before the Darkshine fight are of different strengths. Which old self Garou was referring to is ambiguous because Garou had already evolved several times. He could be referring to before the Darkshine fight because that's when Darkshine told Garou he would lose to Flashy Flash or even before that. Yeah of course Garou would say he's become superior to Darkshine after defeating Darkshine because he is now at that point superior.

For the Darkshine vs Bang sparring matches, Bang completely dominated Darkshine .

Garou has stated that his pretransformation would lose to Flash. He also lasted longer against him than any other hero aside from Saitama; even Atomic Samurai was one-shotted.

No it isn't ambiguous which old self Garou was referring to.

Garou broke his limiter and defeated Darkshine around Chapter 70.

Garou states Lightspeed would've beaten him prior to his transformation in Chapter 84. After he dons a completely new appearance and form in Chapter 82 that the OPM Wiki acknowledges as a new enhanced form.

Garou makes this statement right after a brand new transformation and over 14 chapters after he gains his previous transformation. All things point to Garou referring to the version of him who defeated Darkshine.

It's like if SSJ2 Goku goes SSJ3, tells the guy "you would've beaten me before I transformed to this" right after, then assume he's referring to Super Saiyan 1 or Kaioken as opposed to SSJ2. It's logical to say that Garou was referring to his latest state of power before this new form, which is a state that beat Darkshine.

And Garou has a very good grasp of his own abilities, we take his statements seriously (or else Metal Bat wouldn't get upgraded) and Darkshine insisted that he could beat Garou as well, yet Garou didn't care.

It is much more likely that Garou geniunely made that observation of his own directly after seeing Lightspeed demonstrate his power, rather than being influenced from a statement made by someone he doesn't care about a long time ago.

Darkshine was referring to a long ago time when he sparred, not his current abilities now. But even then as he says he had no serious damage and forced Bang to start going hard on him. Which implies that while maybe not as good as Bang, he's at least in a somewhat remotely comparable league. And the statement that exactly says he's on par with Bang helps support that.

But even if we're not going to say Darkshine is comparable to Bang. Lightspeed is capable of defeating someone who beat Darkshine. Lightspeed > Darkshine at least.

@Ryukama Darkshine is the same league as Flashy Flash. Once reasserted his conviction to fight, he and Flashy Flash did as well as each other against Monster Garou. Bang > Darkshine ~ Flashy Flash. Also the main reason Darkshine lost to Garou the first time was because of Garou Fear Aura that basically made him faint, we see Darkshine when Pri-Pri finds him, Garou did not do any major injuries unlike the second time Garou fought Darkshine.

It also wasn't stated when Darkshine sparred with Bang.

You're still ignoring a major factor, Flashy Flash lacks the damage output to be able to beat Bang. Bang or Tatsumaki are the contenders for the second fastest of the S-Class excluding Blast from the group. Bang is physically stronger than Flashy Flash and has the best techniques. The only reason old Garou would have lost to Flashy Flash is because of the gap in speed on top of Flashy Flash's decent techniques. Bang does not have that same disadvantage as old Garou as the speed gap between Bang and Flashy Flash is not as big, his superior techniques, tougher durability, and greater strength should give Bang the win.

Okay you got me on the ambiguity statement.

I never said Darkshine and Flash aren't somewhat comparable. They are clearly on par with each other and are referred to as a dangerous duo. However I'd personally have to say Lightspeed is the superior one, given like I said he was stated to be able to defeat Garou after his fight with Darkshine.

And we barely see how their fight against Monster Garou turns out, besides them eventually getting fodderized rather quickly and him not putting much effort. I think it's better to gauge their power based on more explicit battle scenes where they're somewhat able to hold their own. And (at least by reliable statement) Lightspeed can perform better against lesser Garou than Darkshine.

It wasn't implied that Garou needed his fear aura to fight against Darkshine that time. And he did manage to harm Darkshine somewhat and was durable enough to withstand attacks from him.

If Lightspeed Flash can do damage output to someone durable enough to endure attacks from Darkshine, harm him and eventually defeat him in battle, I'm pretty sure he'd be strong enough to harm Bang like that as well.

And again Bang though maybe not going 100% was giving at least a considerable effort towards Rover on top of his brother Bomb. Neither of which could harm Rover, yet Human Garou somewhat managed to.

While it isn't stated when Darkshine sparred with Bang, it is stated that Darkshine's abilities are on par with Bang's.

It's fine what you believe and I respect your opinion, but I personally think the evidence, fights and statements throughout the series indicate that Lightspeed does in fact defeat Darkshine. And most likely defeat Bang, as he's > someone who managed to harm Rover, whereas Bang and another somewhat similar in power to Bang who were giving considerable effort into their combined attacks could not.

And considering this Garou shortly before the transformation also blitzed Golden Sperm, who could casually blitz weakened Tatsumaki so quickly many of the other S-Classes couldn't perceive his movements, the gap between Lightspeed and Bang in speed is perhaps be a bit higher.

The Garou who is stated Lightspeed could beat has defeated or harmed some of the strongest people out there (Darkshine, Rover, Golden Sperm) I believe Flash has rather impressive speed and damage output.

Spartan1204 said:
You're still ignoring a major factor, Flashy Flash lacks the damage output to be able to beat Bang.
I apologize for my absurdly long response above. I blame no one for not wanting to read or respond to such a textwall. There was just a lot I had to say regarding the matter.

However I want to address this point a little more, especially since you've accused me of repeatedly ignoring it.

Human Garou with a punch dealt some harm to someone you agree is more durable than Bang. Maybe he didn't severely injure or kill Rover, but he still harmed him.

By Newton's Third Law, this means that Garou's durability is greater than Bang's as well. As he can physically create a force capable of harming someone with greater durability than Bang's.

You also said "Flash would also lose against Darkshine because Darkshine's body is as durable as Rover's."

Well again Garou harmed Rover, someone you say is as durable as Darkshine. That means Garou has greater or comparable durability to Darkshine. He physically harmed someone as durable as he is. Garou also harmed and beat Darkshine himself.

So Lightspeed Flash is capable of defeating someone who by your statements and standards is more than/just as durable as Bang and Darkshine. How would he not have the damage output to beat Bang or Dark then?

This is my last say on the matter especially due to how increasingly long my responses have gotten. If people still disagree that Lightspeed would beat these guys after what I've brought up, that's perfectly fine to me and I respect your opinion. I'm just expressing mine.

@Ryukama Yeah, that's whay I wanted to say, but it was already well said.

Personally, I think the order from weakest to strongest of the S class heroes would be like this.

17. King

16. Child Emperor (Although, what he lacks in brawn, he makes up for in brain.)

15. Pri Pri Prisoner

14. Tanktop Master

13. Zombie Man (confirmed to be one of the weaker S-class heroes)

12. Genos

11. Drive Knight (Again, unknown. But he wanted to warn Genos about Bofoi's wearabouts)

10. Pig God

9. Bofoi (Drive Knight warns Genos to "Beware, he is your enemy.")

8. Atomic Samurai

7. Metal Bat (Due to an upgrade, and Sweet Mask once feared facing him)

6. Bang

5. Superallow Darkshine

4.Watchdog Man (Edit: New feat)

3. Lightspeed Flash (Highlight)

2. Tatsumaki

1. Blast

@DarkDragonMedeus Thanks for the kind words.

Also this list seems to be for the most part good, except for the fact that King should obviously be ranked first :3

latest chapter revealed that Watchdog Man won against Garou easily (Garou even stated he was holding back) ... so for a time being I think Watchdog Man is comparable to Lightspeed Flash ... but both still no match to Tatsumaki of course, Flash implied to be faster than even Tatsumaki, but had not enough strength to pierce her barrier (Mountain won't best Large Island level) ... Flash's sneak attack might works on her, but only if her barrier is gone or weakened (or she is busy fighting with other opponents like Psykos did on her) I think

and if Sweet Mask advances to S rank, maybe he will be somewhere between Bang and Flash

He isn't wrong. Tatsumaki first of all can fly, a feat that no other S class heroes can claim except for Bofoi's drones. Genos can sort of fake it but Genos is far below Tatsumaki and would never, ever breach her Psychic Barrier (even Homeless Emperor's full power couldn't breach it).

In fact, just stop there. Tatsumaki's psychic barrier is always active subconsciously, and only a Psychic could breach them unless they have at least 6-B attack potency - which no S-class hero has (except Blast, who we ignore for this argument since we know nothing about him). Not to mention, we've seen how easily Tatsumaki blows away Genos (episode 12 of the anime) and that even multiple Dragon level threats stood no chance in a direct offensive. Hell, even Ogon Seishi, the most powerful monster ever seen in the series after Boros and Garou, was confirmed by ONE to be inferior to Tatsumaki at full power, despite Ogon being so superior to the other S-class heroes that none of them were even abe to react to his movements - although Flashy Flash wasn't there.

TL;DR - Tatsumaki is, for all intents and purposes, indestructible and immune to all of the attack that S-class could throw at her so a sword isn't doing shit, she can fly to boot, and she is superior to the most powerful earth-based, non-human Mysterous Being in the entire OPMverse. Flashy Flash is PERHAPS (we don't actually know Tatsumaki's full speed capabilities) somewhat faster. So yeah, Tatsumaki would destroy Flashy Flash, and the rest of S-class to boot.

I know necro, but gonna still correct myself in the thread.

Garou got retconned into not doing jack shit to Rover in the manga, so that aspect of my scaling's now invalid. Flashy Flash is still stated by Monster Garou to be able to beat his previous state, which beat the shit out of Darkshine and harmed (albeit an off guard, not fully powered up) Golden Sperm.

I think it's safe to say he's the second most powerful besides Tatsumaki (not counting Blast). Tatsumaki is also at least second fastest, since at full she's stated able to defeat Golden Sperm, who can effortlessly move so fast that the other S-Classes while meters away couldn't see him.

She could be the fastest, but Flashy has some more impressive stuff for now (impressing Monster Garou and dodging some of his casual stuff). So unless she gets other showings I'm going to say Flashy's faster for now.

Tatsumaki still crushes him with vastly superior power though. I'd say Flashy beats any S-Class besides her, and of course Blast if the hype about him is true.

Would blitz almost everyone, assuming he wouldn't underestimate anyone, he would have a bit of a worry against Darkshine, Bang , and if he managed to incapacitate both, would stop at Tatsumaki. About Darkshine, i can't see Flashy Flash cutting him, but i can see him hitting Darkshine's weak spots (mainly his eyes), while having a nice speed advantage over Bang, still very debatable if he could get past him, since he doesn't match up with Bang's force and resistance. But if he did, he'd surely stop at Tatsumaki FRA.

Also, sorry for that necro.

Flashy Flash talking about weak spots.

This thread is almost 2 years old now; though it's kind of a fun and games board, so I guess it's alright.

Ryukama said:
Tatsumaki still crushes him with vastly superior power though. I'd say Flashy beats any S-Class besides her, and of course Blast if the hype about him is true.
I know necro but: Garou evolved while fighting Golden Sperm and literally one shot him.Even before evolving his punch literally wrecked his face. And after his evolution he encountered Flash and said if his prior self had faced him it would end for him pretty badly as you said above. That prior self of Garou wrecked Darkshine and Golden Sperm's face. And Flash didnt even have his swords while fighting Garou. What i am trying to say is there shouldnt be any power difference between Tatsumaki and Flash as both can beat Golden Sperm as manga states. And Flash is way too faster than Tatsumaki, meaning that even for an instance Tatsumaki goes offence she would die instantly because Flash can blitz her and even while being full defense i think Flash can crack her barrier because he should have enough power to beat Golden Sperm. Either way Flash beats her. That's what i think tho.

Golden Sperm was off guard and not fully powered up when that Garou sucker punched him. Just because Flashy could've beaten that Garou does not mean he could beat Golden Sperm or full powered Tatsumaki who is well above Golden Sperm.

Tatsumaki is not that well above Golden Sperm.

IIRC ONE said that Tatsumaki could have beaten Golden Sperm in her best shape, which means she needs to go all out and it is not clear whether she wins or not.

And I don't see any reasons why Flash can't do the same thing to Golden Sperm as Garou did.

I guess people usually compare Flash to Sonic and say Flash doesn't have enough power to deal damage Darkshine or Golden Sperm or etc.But they forget the important factor that Flash is way above Sonic.(I'm not talking about you btw.)

ONE said that Tatsumaki would (not could) beat Golden Sperm if she wasn't weakened. She'd certainly beat him. The amount of difficulty that a non-weakened Tatsumaki would need isn't specified, but we do know she'd definitely win.

All that version of Garou did to Golden Sperm was do slight damage (that he immediately regenerated) while he was offguard and not at his full power. Even if Flashy could beat that Garou that's not proof he'd beat a full powered Tatsumaki.

The fact that his Flashy Kicks didn't even KO Gale and Hellfire (which yes I know he wasn't going all out but he wasn't holding back to such a massive degree) kinda indicates that Flashy without a sword isn't as immensely powerful as you suggest he is. For all we know Garou might not even make this statement in the manga. The manga's been changing a lot of things.

It is certainly "could" not "would". I looked up the meaning of the japanese characters ONE said and it indicates it was "could". That means Tatsumaki might have a chance to lose even at full power.

No it was not a slight damage and Golden Sperm can not regenerate at all.He smashed his face and Golden Sperm couldn't regenerate afterwards. Even Child Emperor said that if cells merges they can't regenerate anymore when Multi Cell Sperm died.

And as far as we can see in manga, every character gets incredible buffs. That means Flashy Flash full speed will also get an upgrade and this makes it more possible for Garou to make that statement.

Pictures about Garou's evolving :

Garou when he punched Golden Sperm in the face

Garou after he killed Golden Sperm. As we can see he evolved during the fight.

And Garou made that Flash statement after he killed Golden Sperm as we can see here. , which indicates even a Garou that can make Golden Sperm's face wrecked would have lost against Flash.

The translator who translated the interview said that it was would so that's what I'm going with.

He didn't smash Golden Sperm's face. He bloodied it. And of course it's not that major of damage if it's something that Golden Sperm quickly got back up from, wasn't knocked out and further powered up (meaning Garou only did this to a weaker Golden Sperm) and go on to fight. I was wrong about him regenerating though.

Flashy Flash's physical stats have more destructive power than Tatsumaki's telekinesis yet he can't even put down non-executive Dragons with his kicks while going somewhat serious and spent nearly the whole time fighting them with his sword instead. I'm going to go with his feats in the manga instead of a contradictory webcomic statement that may or may not still be put in the manga.

Again, Flashy being able to beat someone who merely bloodied the face of someone while they were off guard and in a weaker state does not mean he could beat someone who'd definitely defeat that person at full power.

Also I've heard people say that Garou actually says "it'd be troublesome" instead of "it'd end ugly". But I'm not sure a translator would have to check the original Japanese.

According to the OPM Fandom wiki, it says "could" not "would". Actually i didn't see anywhere that says "would".

Flashy Flash didn't say Secret Technique when he kicked Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame but he did say Secret Technique when he punched Garou. This really means that he was not that serious against Ninjas and didn't use his full speed which reduced the Kinetic Energy of his kicks.(I mean if he had used his full speed, his kicks would have more Kinetic Energy behind them and would likely insta killed them.Then you can ask why he didn't used his full speed with his kicks but i really don't know and it doesn't make sense for me too.)

I mean even a weaker Garou who was said that would lose against Flash because Flash's speed, could damage Golden Sperm. Now think about what Flash can do against Golden Sperm. I think he would probably win tho.

Back