• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, some people are jumping the gun on this topic. I believe everything should take a nice and steady pace and not be rushed. When you're rushing things, you're a little more emotional and that leads to things getting blown out of proportion.

That being said, lets get on with the topic, "Lightning Fast Raikage". So, when it comes to Ay, he's not stated to be lightning fast in the Manga or Databook. That being the case, he is "implied" to be Lightning Fast, but by now, i'm sure we can all agree that implication alone doesn't beat solid feats. So lets discuss feats. What makes Ay lightning fast is that in at the Kage Summit when he fought Sasuke, he is shown to escape Sasuke's Perception in his v2 Raiton Cloak, this is also stated by Kishi through Karin. This feat is Key because in my previous thread dealing with BZ having reacted and dodged Kirin, it was brought up that upon further inspection of the Sasuke/Itachi fight, Sasuke is no longer found standing on the Pillar when Kirin strikes down. It was debated and then agreed upon that Sasuke had reacted to Kirin. To go a step further, @Kepekley23 was privy to this discussion and at the very least agree's that Sasuke should Scale from Itachi here.

Being this is the case, that means Sasuke has Lightning fast reaction speed, to which Ay, in his v2 Raiton Cloak, completely escaped Sasuke's perception, not only that, but this was a more experienced and faster Sasuke he blitzed. Therefore, through feats alone, Ay at least is faster than average Lightning. But here is the kicker. In Fight with Sasuke/Itachi, BZ states:

• Lightning is 1/1000s
  • We see the height which The Thundercloud formed.
@Kepekley23 calced Kirin to be Mach 2915+ , which is nearly 3x faster than the accepted speed of lightning on this form. Thus:

• Sasuke and Itachi's Reaction speed scale from this (Itachi should have an "At Least" rating considering he was going Blind)
  • Ay's speed would be > than this as he blitzed a faster Sasuke.
That being said, thoughts?

Link to thread where it was discussed and Kep calced it.

Sharingan users perception speed always far higher than their reaction speeds and Sasuke using his MS when fighting against Ay. Also if Sharingan user's speed increase their perception speed increase with it.

Mindovin said:
Sharingan users perception speed always far higher than their reaction speeds and Sasuke using his MS when fighting against Ay. Also if Sharingan user's speed increase their perception speed increase with it.
It's specifically stated Sasuke couldn't Percieve Ay.

I'm only clarifying as saying Ay's speed slightly higher than Sasuke's reaction speed complete ignorance/bias beacuse Sasuke couldn't percieve Ay when he is using MS means Ay is far faster than we think as Sharingan users able to percieve higher speeds than other characters.

I agree with Gemmy on that which is why actual lightning speed should be find with that. If we used the mach 3000 we would probably get relavistic Minato which is unlikey to say the least.

first off raikage is faster than minato. Minato hasn't displayed any good speed feats the majority of his feats comes from reaction timing his traveling speed is inferior to the 4th raikage. 4th raikage actually displays both reaction speed feats and traveling. IF MINATO is so called the fastest why did he resort to teleportation rather than using his physical foot speed movement to dodge the raikage and minato doesn't have sub relativistic traveling speed what the hell are you people getting that shit from

Please go and read the previous threads.

Nobody said Minato has sub-rel travel speed or something like that and we speaking this whole time Minato's reaction speed only. Because Minato is a teleporter and most of the time he using his Hiraishin as Hiraishin his main technique. Why he use his normal speed when he can just teleport himself from dangerous situation? Main reason he used his Hiraishin as we can see in other page he planned a direct attack against A. This plan understandeable and basic one. Before A attack Minato threw up the Hiraishin kunai, teleport one of the other kunais in the are and teleport previously thrown kunai and try to attack A but prevent by Bee and cut Hachibi's tail instead.

I also think that it should probably be a safe low end to count A as having lightning speed.

The problem is that this may count as calc stacking.

If a neutral person who able to discern what feat can calculable can read Naruto manga fastly from the first page and mark what feat(s) can calculable and later someone can calc them. This way we have new calcs without someones declaring them PIS/WIS, outlier or hyperbole because it's go with power-ups. Really there is accepted one calc for speed.

Wait....Kakashi had cut lighting in the original Naruto series.....and A is stronger/faster then Pre-Shippuden....im sorry but why is this being debated....

It's because Kakashi's is too vague to use in others' eyes. Did he wait on the highest ground in the middle of a storm with his hand up in the air for a lightning bolt to strike his Chidori? Did he, like a normal person with superhuman stats, swing at it as it came down? Was it a lightning jutsu he cut? Etc.

Yes, those are real arguments made against Raikiri.

Also, @Mindovin, Gwyn used to do exactly that, and doing the entire Narutoverse revision, until he had to leave because real life happened. It was picked up by the people who brainstormed and fixed the scalings and calcs into what we have now.

Minato feat is irrelevant to this discussion (For now). At the very least, as it seems Raikage is accepted as being at least Mach 3000, this makes him nearly 3x faster than our accepted lightning speed. Given Mach 3000 can't be used due to "Calc-Stacking", we can use our speed of lightning as, even without the calc, raikage still blitzed someone who could react to lightning. It's that simple and its the same method Gwyn and others used that downgraded Bleach's speed which was accepted.

There is a staff forum discussion about this, but very few calc group members have had the time to reply.

Well Idk if you'd use this, but the medium in the anime depicts Kakashi running up the side of a cliff and cutting it mid-air.

I personally think that it seems fine, but we need more input from the calc group members in the other (staff only) thread.

Perhaps Kepekley could ask them to give input there?

Well, for this particular issue, we need calc group member input in the staff thread about the same topic, as they are the ones authorised to evaluate it.

It is not up to me either. However, Kepekley might want to remind them about responding there.

yeah i felt as if everyone forgot because these revisions are important because we need to create new pages ater this

Well, I am afraid that nothing is likely going to happen until the calc group has properly evaluated the staff thread.

Well, I tried to get calc group members interested, but if they do not reply there isn't much that I can do.

You could ask Kepekley23 to make another attempt if you wish.

So "if" no other calc group members respond, can the upgrade still go through? Several different mods already support this, Kepekley23 included. Or are we just talking about the Minato part, not Mach 3000+ Ay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back