• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

1. "And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend... The Ocarina of Time!" — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)
  2. "Ganondorf's target was one of the keys to the Sacred Realm...the hidden treasure of the Royal Family... The Ocarina of Time!" — Impa (Ocarina of Time)
  3. "I'm going to tell you the secret of the Sacred Realm that has been passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule. Please keep this a secret from everyone..." — Princess Zelda (Ocarina of Time)

What do you mean it wasn't passed down? I suppose in the sense there was no formal ceremony in Link obtaining it, you mean?
You implied that he was meant to have it with the comment about it being predestined. But this wasn't the case at all, that's my point.

Ok but why? Why music? Like your logic is music = wisdom, sure, but so is a bunch of other things. Why focus on a topic done a bunch and associated with Link, courage or not, in a game about Zelda?
and it's nintendo, they not gonna make a gimmick theyve done 10 times, it's why they keep changing how shit plays or why we dont have a new fzero
Then what about the drawing angle I mentioned earlier? That's hardly been done as much, yet the combination of symbols, techniques, etc.
Ok but like, that isnt how Zelda treats it? You realize you are ACTIVELY arguing "Being courage should be associated with wisdom, not courage", like man what do I even say that?
Also, I think it could be argueed that in theory, doing what is necessary despite fear could also be ascribed to Wisdom. If you know it must be done & that you can succeed, & no one else will try, or no one else will succeed, then it is simple reason to take on the task, fear or not. If the alternative is the death of yourself & others, it is foolish not to. Admittedly, Link doesn't always have that knowledge, though.
I had said "also be ascribed to Wisdom"; It's one thing to be the hero because of bravery, it's another thing to do so because you know it is a necessity that you can & must do.
And see look, exactly, ya can stretch anything into "Wisdom" if you try hard enough. Zelda never once establishes that's what it means by wisdom.
I assume you mean Zelda the franchise, rather than Zelda, an individual? AFAIK, Zelda, & the meaning of her triforce piece don't get much characterization. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
No. Like they do embody it, but that's usually tied directly to their belief.
Has there been a case where one is born a Triforce bearer?
I mean yeah, but why? Why make the 2.5D puzzle game about wisdom and solving stuff through indirect means or smarts, a music game? Tbh I think youre focused on the item, and not what she's doing with it.
To show that wisdom can be done in more ways than just creating stuff.
Admittedly, creating copies of almost anything could be marvellously varied, in theory. Heck, for all we know, it could make music or drawings, through copying instruments or sounds or paint splashes or papers, stone tiles with runes, etc.
(The likely 3 or 4 copies limit aside.)
Yeah idk i like ya dude
Thanks.
but this feels like just arguing to argue, imo what theyre doing is fine, let's complain once the game actually comes out and they dont touch on her magic at all, not before when so far it looks consistent with lore and not undermining anyone.
Admittedly, we're on a site dedicating to a form of arguing/debating.
It'll be a long few months before the game does come out, though & we have a lot of info with a trailer already.
But if we don't know everything that will be in the game, is it wrong to hope for how Wisdom can be applied to be explored in other ways?

& is there not anything you hope for with this game?

Also, I do apologize for any bother. Especially given my & your [Chariot's] IMHO, highly differing mannerisms, & the apparent contention of my recent posts, I do worry that I've bothered 1 or more people. I don't mean to antagonize.... Even if some parts of me have enjoyed this, at least in part due to appreciating exploring lore & philosophy & whatnot with this series.

On a divergence from the recent topic, I found this short theory video's contents interesting:

If I may ask, what do you all think?

Then what about the drawing angle I mentioned earlier? That's hardly been done as much, yet the combination of symbols, techniques, etc.
I would 100% agree, if it was a decade or two ago on DS.
On switch tho thatd be annoying af
I had said "also be ascribed to Wisdom"; It's one thing to be the hero because of bravery, it's another thing to do so because you know it is a necessity that you can & must do.
Yeah but, Zelda(VerseTM) dont work like that
I assume you mean Zelda the franchise, rather than Zelda, an individual? AFAIK, Zelda, & the meaning of her triforce piece don't get much characterization. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
The verse. But by association i guess?
Has there been a case where one is born a Triforce bearer?
No. it always shows up later in life, except uh, maybe Zelda the 2nd? legit dont remember, ill check.

i think zelda botw? But she has the WHOLE triforce, due to bloodline, some shit evidently happened to give the royal family all 3.
To show that wisdom can be done in more ways than just creating stuff.
Nah that's the thing, youre thinking of the item/ability, but not what can be done. Like in the trailer we see shit like making MEAT to lure enemies into a trap. Application wise it def applies.
Admittedly, creating copies of almost anything could be marvellously varied, in theory. Heck, for all we know, it could make music or drawings, through copying instruments or sounds or paint splashes or papers, stone tiles with runes, etc.
(The likely 3 or 4 copies limit aside.)
Case and point.
Thanks.

Admittedly, we're on a site dedicating to a form of arguing/debating.
It'll be a long few months before the game does come out, though & we have a lot of info with a trailer already.
But if we don't know everything that will be in the game, is it wrong to hope for how Wisdom can be applied to be explored in other ways?
She'll probably get side stuff, 100%, but the main gimmick def seems set in stone.
& is there not anything you hope for with this game?
To not suck. To give Zelda a bow by the end.

About it, no real hopes given wasnt expecting, just a neat side thing.
Also, I do apologize for any bother. Especially given my & your [Chariot's] IMHO, highly differing mannerisms, & the apparent contention of my recent posts, I do worry that I've bothered 1 or more people. I don't mean to antagonize.... Even if some parts of me have enjoyed this, at least in part due to appreciating exploring lore & philosophy & whatnot with this series.
it's fine, the fact ive actively tried to remove curses as to not come off as mean should be evidence enough you chill.

She'll probably get side stuff, 100%, but the main gimmick def seems set in stone.
But if she ends up a protagonist again, would you want her to have the Tri Rod again, even as versatile as it could be?
it's fine, the fact ive actively tried to remove curses as to not come off as mean should be evidence enough you chill.
I appreciate your efforts very much for that.
I think I have at least alluded to my notice of that tendency in the past, rude of me to do so as that may be, haven't I? No offense meant.

But if she ends up a protagonist again, would you want her to have the Tri Rod again, even as versatile as it could be?
Id expect them to do make up some new gimmick
Hell make the next one ace attorney idk
I appreciate your efforts very much for that.
I think I have at least alluded to my notice of that tendency in the past, rude of me to do so as that may be, haven't I? No offense meant.
I dont even remember what I had for lunch dude, I just didnt wanna come off as mean even if I just say **** as verb/noun because youre one of the handful of mfs who's never once made me go grrr

Id expect them to do make up some new gimmick
Hell make the next one ace attorney idk

I dont even remember what I had for lunch dude, I just didnt wanna come off as mean even if I just say **** as verb/noun because youre one of the handful of mfs who's never once made me go grrr
I am surprised by many of the things I have just read in this post! No offense meant.
Thanks for sharing!

(Also, I hope the theory video post I did a few minutes ago didn't get drowned out in our discussion. I genuinely was curious about what people thought of it.)

And?
"This game that actively goes against an established trait just for the sake of it is a good way of doing it!"

No dog, it's literally how you dont go about it.
Why are you so defensive about this? The only games where Link CAN use a rapier are at best dubiously canon and at worst Miyamoto's fanfic. I'm sure he could learn how to use one given practice, but Zelda could also learn how to use any other type of sword, given practice too.

Why are you so defensive about this?
Because your arguments and complaints are utterly asinine.
The only games where Link CAN use a rapier are at best dubiously canon and at worst Miyamoto's fanfic.
Miyamoto is literally the creator what
I'm sure he could learn how to use one given practice,
He could learn the instant he picks one up. Being a master of all is an actual trait he has.
but Zelda could also learn how to use any other type of sword, given practice too.
Yeah sure if you give her a few years.

Why are you moving the goalposts? This all stems from you complaining about how Zelda wasnt some cool warrior in EoW, and then went "yeah well in this spinoff" that literally just feeds into the problem. Link can use one, hell he can use an martial weapon, it's one of his innate skills. Zelda, on the other hand, being a sword fighter, quite frankly is dumb as shit and kind of defeats the whole point.

Because your arguments and complaints are utterly asinine.
The game itself is not asinine.
Miyamoto is literally the creator what
What, so he can't be a fan?
He could learn the instant he picks one up. Being a master of all is an actual trait he has.
You do realize Link doesn't just instantaneously master items the moment he touches them, right? Many Links have been trained by masters of the craft, like Orca the Swordmaster, or Eagus the Knight Commander, or chief of all, HERO'S SHADE. He learns them fast, but if Link could just instantly master any weapon he touches like you claim, he'd automatically have all 7 Hidden Skills when he grabs the Wooden Sword.
Yeah sure if you give her a few years.

Why are you moving the goalposts? This all stems from you complaining about how Zelda wasnt some cool warrior in EoW, and then went "yeah well in this spinoff" that literally just feeds into the problem. Link can use one, hell he can use an martial weapon, it's one of his innate skills. Zelda, on the other hand, being a sword fighter, quite frankly is dumb as shit and kind of defeats the whole point.
I'm not, I'm listing the reasons your claims don't work. I didn't even say Zelda wasn't cool, I said the Tri Rod doesn't scream Zelda to me. Zelda uses some variant of a sword in literally everything in the verse that isn't in the BotW series.

The game itself is not asinine.
it is according to your arguments, yes. Wasnt talking about that but yeah that too ig.
What, so he can't be a fan?
Wtf are you talking about, if Miyamoto does a thing, that isnt the same as if you do a thing, he has actual canon say.
You do realize Link doesn't just instantaneously master items the moment he touches them, right?
He does tho, except actually, it's flatout stated Link is scarily quick to master his equipment 🗿
Many Links have been trained by masters of the craft, like Orca the Swordmaster, or Eagus the Knight Commander, or chief of all, HERO'S SHADE.
So? And Link surpasses them all, bar the Shade, exceptionally quickly.
Hell Orca is a good example, 50y of training and he gets beat out by a kid who's only had a sword for a few days max.

He learns them fast, but if Link could just instantly master any weapon he touches like you claim, he'd automatically have all 7 Hidden Skills when he grabs the Wooden Sword.
Being a sword master not the same as being the greatest sword wielder to ever exist man.
The fact he does tho and with zero formal training wild.

Also why ignore the dozens of things he's never touched yet instantly becomes exceptional at?
I'm not, I'm listing the reasons your claims don't work. I didn't even say Zelda wasn't cool, I said the Tri Rod doesn't scream Zelda to me.
Reasons? im telling you straight up making zelda some warrior chick is stupid, not even gonna sugarcoat it, it's dumb, actual worst take i've heard in a very, very, long time.

Zelda being some fuckass sword fighter undermines Link's talents, makes her look dumb for being captured if she can fight directly, has absoluely zero to do with any established trait of Zelda, and so on.

And the Tri-Rod, is a means to an end. A tool that enables a wide variety of uses, traps, problem solving and indirect combat, doesnt suit the character and game about wisdom?
Why not complain about how it doesnt seem to be tied to holy magic instead?
Zelda uses some variant of a sword in literally everything in the verse that isn't in the BotW series.
Yeah, TP Zelda and her bow, or WW Zelda and her bow, and uh, alttp Zelda and magic, and albw zelda and magic, and Zelda 1 Zelda and magic, and OOT Zelda and ninja shit like smoke bombs and the Zelda we've had for the past decade and her explicitly not a sword but tools, and SS Zelda and magic, and ST Zelda and her ghost armor that you can maybe stretch to say counts? And Minish Zelda and her magic, and....

Yeah nah dog, Zelda having a sword in a musou (and not even both) and a music spinoff game, arent even remotely "literally everything", theyre also both ultra noncanon. Zelda is pretty hard established as NOT a direct combatant.

Really though, why the hell would you want a game focusing on Zelda, to just be Link 2?

this thread half the time is just chariot arguing with ppl so.. yeah. i just mark as read 9/10
metroid-dre-emmi.gif

Me when i (almost) get you

Back