• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Graham McNeill, senior narrative writer: Mount Targon is this enormous Everest-type mountain in Runeterra. It's very much a place of pilgrimage in the world. Those who go there are drawn to the mountain. It's a journey they feel they have to make. And when you get to the mountain—which is in itself an arduous and life-threatening journey of months or years—there's a sense that this is just the beginning. Even though you've trekked for years and sacrificed everything just to get there, that was just the preamble to starting your climb.
The official developer convo doesn't mention anything about the mountain in the background being Everest, it just states Mount Targon in general is "Everest-like". That, if anything, goes against the actual point.

If you're gonna scale, why not use this image? You can directly compare the peak to a very visible cloud line that's backed by the narration

> In the rare event when a worthy mortal successfully ascends Mount Targon's peak, the heavens open in a dazzling display of cosmic aurorae. Few ever bear witness to the radiant sight far above the cloudline and beneath the glittering stars, where a beam of light emerges from the peak. Beyond the mountain's summit, it is said that immortal godlike beings dwell in a city of gold and silver.

If it's an Everest-like mountain and there is an image comparing its size to Everest, I don't see how them not saying the mountain equals Everest invalidates the comparison image.

Dargoo Faust said:
If it's an Everest-like mountain and there is an image comparing its size to Everest
The latter portion is unbacked since no scans exist that say that mountain in the back is Everest.

Dargoo Faust said:
If it's an Everest-like mountain and there is an image comparing its size to Everest, I don't see how them not saying the mountain equals Everest invalidates the comparison image.
Except thats not everest in the background.

Dargoo Faust said:
I think the bigger issue is that nothing confirms that the other mountain used in that image is Everest. So by saying it is you're making a rather large assumption that can drastically increase (or decrease) the results for the peak. With the cloudline image there's both the art and narration backing its size.

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay, just so everyone stops arguing imma calc from this picture insteadWhat should i use for the cloud height?
I dunno. Cumulus, Cumulonimbus, Altocumulus, and Nimbostratus? Those are the thicker types of clouds that would produce results similar to the picture

Assaltwaffle said:
Why are we trying to scale Targon in the first place?
Speed feats

Wouldn't the official lore description that the mountain's height varies massively from being climbable in one day to taking months depending on pure luck make the feat pretty much unquantifiable?

@Kep No because it doesnt change the mountain's height, its basically just spatial manip that affects distance, the mountain stays the same

Probably. But you can get a minimum height for being above the cloud lines, since the source mentions that if you make it to the top you can see the stars and stuff.

• Mount Targon can be broken into distinct regions, as delineated by patterns in the rock and a marked increase in hazardous weather conditions, difficulty of the climb, and increased death rate. The upper levels of the mountain expand and contract as if the land itself were alive, making it impossible to map a reliable pathway to the top. Each ascent is different, as the mountain magically stretches―some climbs can last for months while others reach the peak in just a day.
The description outright states that the mountain's height changes.

Its height does not change, it is distance manipulation from the space-manipulating magic present on the mountain

I wanna say right now, some Ults and attacks are way too fast to react to.

The lightning attacks from Olaf and Kennen are undodgeable typically.

Also Sion catching on fire... is likely just a visual effect. It's likely not trying to convey Sion being so fast consider he's also supposed to be slow.

Yeah and even Garen's ult was too fast for Kat. Likely gonna try to find the other cutscenes. I remember a Solar Flare or whatever Leona does being too fast too for Darius. And a falling pillar too much for Nautilus.

Isn't literally Garen's demacian feat literally taken from said non-canon cinematic?

Edit-

Either way it definitely feels like it should be considered a case by case basis for different characters depending on who they interact with.

Yes, thats why we dont use it anymore and havent used it for some time

We've been systematically removing it from the profiles and have acknowledged that its not legit for over a year now

So essentially a bunch of unrelated feats have been brought up and some vague claims about who they scale to without showing any proof, which is not what I asked for in the OP.

Where is it said or shown that Akali and Shen scale to Kennen? We get a glimpse of how his lightning works and it doesn't seem like anyone could react to it.

Olaf also hasn't shown off his lightning in anything else apart from the game, like for example when he was in Bilgewater during Shadow and Fortune fighting a sea beast and getting swallowed by it.

Ornn dodging lightning is also not shown either.

So great. I would like people to firstly source and link the feat in question, give reasons as to why it should be used and to whom does it scale, and let it get evaluated here.

Would have been nice to see it as the first post, and not some nonsense questioning the OP. Especially when you have a terrible track record in actually getting proof in cases like this.

Weekly makes sense and at best, this seems like making a mountain out of a molehill.

The only concession I might make is that some people might vary in their base speed (IE: The Hypersonic+), but it is fine.

Not much you can do when the Lore of LoL means at best only a few characters meet others with little feats for them in some areas.

It's insulting to point out your terrible track record, when you haven't shown anything for most of the feats you've mentioned so far?

Still waiting for proof for any of them.

RegisNex1232 said:
It's insulting to point out your terrible tarck record, when you haven't shown anything for most of the feats you've mentioned so far?
Weekly has a life, relax my dude.

When he posts his proof, we will look at it fair and objectively but wait till he gathers it up first, this isn't a ticking time bomb.

Also, using his track record as a counterargument quite frankly is distracting from the main issue at hand, which is this fine or not?

Myself and Dargoo are fine with Weekly's scaling

Matt is neutral and I think so is Assalt.

So while it is still being debated, don't resort to appealing to his track record as if it is a disqualifer.

I made shit arguments in the past and I would find it quite frustrating if that is how you debate, say "lul you cant be trusted" and moved on.

Leaving aside Weekly's flaws, there is still the question of what to scale most of the characters to, and how to handle that. For example, Lux manipulates light magic, but this can't be used as a way to scale Garen to her as she is constantly hiding her magic from him. There are a few examples like this but overall I think we need a new base minimum speed for the characters.

As for Garen's ultimate, there are quite a few problems with using it, first being that he doesn't use it or show himself to be capable of it at all. In every story given we get Garen's paranoia about magic, yet his ultimate (summoning a magic sword) is never mentioned. This also means we can't scale anyone to it as no one has even reacted to it, making it meaningless.

We have agreed to not use Garen's ultimate for over a year now so why you're bringing it up I don't understand

Because it is still in almost every single profile as a feat, so your agreement means zilch when you have done nothing to remove it or not use it. Especially when making newer champs like Neeko or Sylas and still using that as a feat contradicting your agreement.

It's also an example of how people shouldn't scale to hidden or unknown abilities just because they have fought each other.

Yeah because when I try to adjust the profiles to remove it you get all pissy at me

Sylas canonically fights Garen its his trailer, he directly scales to him. Neeson isnt scaled to Garen.

Ive been trying to revise the verse for over a year now but every time i try to make the slightest changes you make a big stink about it and try to make me look bad because you dont agree with the profiles even if everyone else does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back