• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars: The Profile problem

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
All right, this was a long time coming since I'm stepping into the ringer with this one.

So let's get to the point.

Anyone see a problem?

How about here?

Or here?

If you didn't guess it, my problem is with merging Canon and Legends profiles. this came about because I've been looking at revising Grand Admiral Thrawn for awhile, but then it hit me: Why should I have to do both Canon and Legends content when that makes the profile extremely clunky? it's two seperate canons, and there's no cross-scaling between them. Generally, if it's a different canon, it has a different profile, because the last thing I want to see is, using MCU as my example, Infinity Ultron stuff on Regular Ultron's Profile.

now: Should we do this split immediately? no. This is for when the profiles are revised-- IE, This is only Legends Thrawn, which would have all Legends Thrawn content removed from the main profile when I put it out for checking officially. I haven't even read 20 pages into Heir of the Empire yet.

All right, this was a long time coming since I'm stepping into the ringer with this one.

So let's get to the point.

Anyone see a problem?

How about here?

Or here?

If you didn't guess it, my problem is with merging Canon and Legends profiles. this came about because I've been looking at revising Grand Admiral Thrawn for awhile, but then it hit me: Why should I have to do both Canon and Legends content when that makes the profile extremely clunky? it's two seperate canons, and there's no cross-scaling between them. Generally, if it's a different canon, it has a different profile, because the last thing I want to see is, using MCU as my example, Infinity Ultron stuff on Regular Ultron's Profile.

now: Should we do this split immediately? no. This is for when the profiles are revised-- IE, This is only Legends Thrawn, which would have all Legends Thrawn content removed from the main profile when I put it out for checking officially. I haven't even read 20 pages into Heir of the Empire yet.
Yeah, that is the issue when Disney borrowed stuff from Legends Continuity IIRC. People mistakenly think Legends is part of Disney Canon is what I assume happened

Fair enough, but if someone didn’t check the keys, they will mistakenly thought there is some cross scaling between the two continuities especially since it is formerly EU (Expansive Universe) back then as you know.
Hammer. That's not my point. My point is that merging profiles like this is stupid. The specifics as to why can be gotten into if somebody, ya know, actually disagrees.

Hammer. That's not my point. My point is that merging profiles like this is stupid. The specifics as to why can be gotten into if somebody, ya know, actually disagrees.
I just going off why the profiles were initially merged before you know Disney’s takeover and all that as I remember some things

In any case, just put me as agree here with the exception of Galen Marek and some other characters as he is only a Legend only profile as well IIRC

I waiting for this profile to get overhauled as this profile page is Legends only thankfully

I just going off why the profiles were initially merged before you know Disney’s takeover and all that as I remember some things

In any case, just put me as agree here with the exception of Galen Marek and some other characters as he is only a Legend only profile as well IIRC
I think it also has to be applied to multiple Legends characters as well and those that have only appeared in Legends like Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus

Back