• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't even touched it in forever, and when I made a blog about it you freaked out. Nice try at blaming me however.

We don't see anything about said fight or even a mention of it in the stories. Why would we use it for scaling?

I havent touched because you wont let me without you twisting it into me doing something wrong

Because we see it happen

Now youre going to be civil and wait until i get home so i can get feats compiled to make a proper argument or i will be locking this thread until then

RegisNex1232 said:
Can't believe we don't have a proper argument from you yet.
How many times do i need to tell you that im at work and cannot make a proper argument at the moment?

You literally freak about it when I do stuff, don't try to pretend like you're being stopped in a way that actually matters.

We don't, we see them getting ready to fight but not fighting. Again, how is this even usable?

Hopefully you can make one. I'll be waiting.

It is using game mechanics all the same, how is that usable? Do we now also write off Fiora, Garen and XZ as dead just because that happened in that trailer? Or re-add Akali shroud mechanics just because the trailer showed it?

Because it's a trailer and not actual gameplay

Are you legitimately arguing that cimenatic trailers should not be used now?

It's not an actual cinematic though? Awaken, the Climb, Warwick the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun are actual cinematics, which can be used. This is using game assets and game mechanics, which contradicts or is not mentioned in the lore. How is it usable?

There is no reason whatsoever to exclude a cinematic that is 90% cinematic just because it has a few seconds of gameplay in it.

There is a reason, it's called game mechanics and non-canon fights. This is exactly like Akali's shroud invisibility as seen in her game assets cinematic vs Awaken and lore. We went with the lore there and we should do the same here, like you said above but are now backtracking fromit.

WeeklyBattles said:
Prove its non-canon

And what game mechanics? Its a cinematic.
It is using in game kits in the fights, how is that not game mechanics. And using game assets does make it unreliable as gameplay can't show off lore very well.

'The cinematic shows off what the character's abilities will be therefore its game mechanics and shouldnt be used'

What kind of backwards logic is this?

It's using gameplay to simulate a cinematic, unlike actual cinematics like WW's trailer or the Climb. This isn't difficult to understand, gameplay is unusable when we have lore showing something else.

It's literally gameplay (as seen by the fact that it happens using game assets on SR), and yet you seem to want to use it despite saying we should go by lore. If you want to debate properly don't backtrack here and there.

Game Mechanics is stuff like Saving and Loading (unless we are talking about undertale but yeah lol), elemental resistances (although I still believe they are fine), and bosses resisting stuff. It is not people using 'attack animations' in games to cinematics to whatever across a multitude of media. If that were the case, I know ALOT of jrpgs that will be downgraded right now.

We removed Akali's shroud mechanic for this reason, why should we take Sylas fighting Garen, Fiora and XZ as anything usable then?

It isn't, given that we know the place where Sylas escaped isn't SR and that he didn't kill off any of the named characters. It's just a way to show off his abilities, nothing more or less.

Cool

dont see how that delegitimizes the parts of the video that were literally his introduction and had nothing to do with in-game abilities.

I wasn't referring to the prison sequences but the gameplay depictions which you want to use for scaling. Note the difference which you seem to be ignoring.

I agree that Sylas' preview isn't canon, but it can show insight into how abilities or events may play in in a similar way to Awaken. However, I don't think reacting to Demacian Justice is calcable or a quantifiable speed feat since the new version of Demacian Justice, that being righteous energy smiting the villainous opponent, has no determinable speed.

I never once said anything about the gameplay interactions, only the cinematics, which you seeme to be against for no discernible reason

WeeklyBattles said:
I never once said anything about the gameplay interactions, only the cinematics, which you seeme to be against for no discernible reason
You were referring to Sylas fighting Garen, in that trailer and claiming that it is fine to use what is clearly gameplay as a feat. Don't try to lie your way out of this.

Thinking about it... as much as it upsets to see Sion's classic passives, wouldn't that mean we have to remove all the previous abilities that got deleted? Considering they were gameplay things only?

? There might be some profiles that needs revisions on that in that case.

Sion still has his old abilities

• Feel No Pain: Sion has a 40% chance to ignore damage each time he is hit by a basic attack. The damage reduction is calculated before armor and percentage damage reduction benefits are taken into account.
  • Cryptic Gaze: Sion's gaze terrifies a single enemy, dealing magic damage and stunning it for 1.5 seconds.
  • Enrage: While toggled on, Sion has increased attack damage at the cost of some health for each basic attack.
  • Cannibalism: For 20 seconds, Sion gains bonus lifesteal and 50% attack speed. Additionally, Sion's basic attacks will heal surrounding allies for a percentage of the damage dealt.

Except for this:

• Feel No Pain: Sion has a 40% chance to ignore damage each time he is hit by a basic attack. The damage reduction is calculated before armor and percentage damage reduction benefits are taken into account.
  • Cryptic Gaze: Sion's gaze terrifies a single enemy, dealing magic damage and stunning it for 1.5 seconds.
  • Enrage: While toggled on, Sion has increased attack damage at the cost of some health for each basic attack.
  • Cannibalism: For 20 seconds, Sion gains bonus lifesteal and 50% attack speed. Additionally, Sion's basic attacks will heal surrounding allies for a percentage of the damage dealt.
EDIT: Ninja'ed, also there's some ability ratios and numbers in his abilities that shouldn't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back