• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh Regis, you were the one who was supposed to remove that, i gave you permission when you made the CRT about it. I thought you did

WeeklyBattles said:
Uh Regis, you were the one who was supposed to remove that, i gave you permission when you made the CRT about it. I thought you did
I don't think I ever got to it, let me check the history. It's also locked for some reason, I don't know why though.

I don't doubt what you're saying, but could you give some examples of contradiction in the case of that specific Word of God?

If LoL has enough contradictions with author/dev opinions that could invoke Death of the Author; which could invalidate WoG statements.

@Dargoo It'll all be in the massive feat blog im making, ive spent the past four hours working on it :p

Although the big one to point out is that by saying something like that, that would automatically make all of the canon comics and champion reveal trailers non-canon despite the dev team directly saying otherwise and basically every champion having them as their introductory lore since like 2014

Could you source some devs saying the comics and champion reveals are canon, seeing as we have statements to the contrary presented?

A feat compilation seems nice, though.

Sure, i'll see if i can find it. I know for a fact there was a direct statement from the Dev team that said that everything on the LoL lore site LoLUniverse is canon

WeeklyBattles said:
Hate to break it to you but the dev team has contradicted that more times than i can count
Dev Team is all well and good- unless they trump Scathlocke then what he says is simply higher up in the totem pole in terms of narrative and canon.

He did state the comics were stories and so were canon.

Also of course the in-gameplay trailers aren't canon. How many times have we seen Teemo murdered in those things? Gameplay trailers are just to show off the kit, the in-game kit.

Does Gangplank have magic oranges that cleanse CC in canon? Or is that just a gameplay thing? If canon then what's the magic? Are the organges themselves magic or does Gangplank make them magic?

It is canon yes, he has them in his splash art

The dev team has also said that the game and the lore go hand in hand

GP has an orange, whether it's magic or not is not stated and would be unlikely given that he has shown no magic powers in his stories.

WeeklyBattles said:
It is canon yes, he has them in his splash art
The dev team has also said that the game and the lore go hand in hand
"The dev team" is about as vague as you can get. Scathlocke is Lead Narrative Director. A random champion designer or public relations person does not rate higher than he does.

At the very least, do people agree that this should be removed from the profiles?

Hypersonic+ with Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with champions like Kled and Garen, as well as close range lightning/light-based attacks).

Given the fact that most characters have not either fought/raced against Garen/Skaarl or kept up with close range lightning/light-based attacks.

I do think it at the very least needs to be reworded. That and AP.

AP for League feels very samey and while I am fine with it, more unique wording can be nice.

(Although I am picky here we have like...90+ champions and I aint weekly so i aint doing it)

I am neutral on scaling everyone to Garen. I am fine with it in principle, but there is more feats we should analyze before we should just instanope this.

There's a lot of written lore to go through, but ive already gone through all the canon cinematic and comics

Posting the blog in a few minutes

Also i found a lot of additions for the profiles that will need to be added once this is done

A nice collection of unquantified feats that aren't even used to properly scale the champions. Nice collection, but we still need to actually debate about the scaling.

So good job in collecting stuff. Now, who scales to which feat, can the feat be quantified, why should they scale and so on.

The fact that there's so much consistent and casual speedblitzing, arrow dodging, bullet dodging, and rocket dodging as well as characters creating sonic booms and moving at supersonic+ speeds on a whim only gives more and more credence to the consistent Hypersonic+ feats present in the verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back