• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly anyone else has, going by the repeated questions for your scaling chain, which you have repeatedly avoided posting despite supposedly having the time to say unsupported stuff. Again, no need to waste more posts when we can wait for your next post to have the scaling chain.

I accept it, Matt accepts it, Sins accepts it, Rocker accepts it, Dargoo accepts it, when i finish the scaling chain Assalt will accept it. YOU are the only one who doesnt accept it and you are the one wasting responses by repeatedly asking for the list because youre too impatient to wait.

You have a fundamental assumption that you used for your calc that I disagree with- I have no misconception on my end. A giant glowing burst of light threw those men into the air and they also seem to hang up there for a long time as well- the only time such a thing happens in the entire cinematic was with the giant magic burst. Occam's razor firmly sides with the giant magic blast being responsible for this given that never again do Rakan's victims hang like that. Her feathers move at similar speeds to the entire video if you allow that Rakan's voodoo is keeping them suspended in the air instead of gravity. Wasn't someone just talking about consistency?

The story is just as coherent and follow-able with the feathers being blurs.

Also the rocks you see falling are from the ceiling- not the crystal they broke. The crystal shards are bright blue and/or turning into fire while the falling rocks are literally falling rocks from the ceiling above the crystals. They are being propelled by nothing. We even see the pillars starting to crumble as well. The video ends on them standing in direct sunlight- because the ceiling came down on their heads from the explosion.

It all adds up perfectly well if you take the video as-is without trying to throw hypersonic in there and then saying every other time we saw them move was wrong.

Everyone you quoted is actually waiting for you to post the chain before accepting. Again, stop saying unrelated stuff and post the scaling chain.

If Rakan's victims DON'T hang in the air after he pops them up that is firmly on the side of the calc.

The crystal exploded and did move fast than the rocks, but the rocks are being thrown downward with explosive force. Does the building collapse, yes, but the immediate debris is collapsing with force.

I'm not trying to throw Hypersonic in there, this is literally what I think. Have you seen all the other proposed feats I've personally refuted? This is just how I view the events taking place, and that's what many others have viewed it as, as well. If we want to get more opinion we can, but believe that Rakan holding them in the air, even though his yellow glow is absent, he has dropped out of the air while they still fall slowly, and is never shown holding people in the air after that, I think it is reasonable to assume that they are just moving quickly and that Rakan isn't suspending them after the initial knock-up.

To be honest, Rakan definitely doesn't look like he's falling faster than gravity allows him since he starts falling before they do and the speeds of Rakan and the ninjas don't really differ that much. Given his magic, I don't think a small, lingering aftereffect of his knock up remaining on the ninjas is too much to consider.

If they were still glowing I think you'd have an argument, but they're not. His magic has withdrawn from them. Is it possible that he is keeping them up? Sure. About 90% of all calcs have a possibility that could make them irrelevant. Is it something I think is worth concerning ourselves about? Not really.

It's not like Rakan himself is also glowing in that shot either, so the magic also stopped affecting him as well. I don't think it's too much to consider that he can control the effects of his magic to let him fall down while the ninjas can't, causing them to float a bit before falling down.

Rakan is still glowing, actually. He is always lit up, though. If you want to get Moreno opinions on it I'm fine with that, but I'm pretty confident that it is intended to be speed.

Assaltwaffle said:
Rakan is still glowing, actually. He is always lit up, though. If you want to get Moreno opinions on it I'm fine with that, but I'm pretty confident that it is intended to be speed.
I would agree if the feathers were given more definition or specifically made much slower themselves- something in the shot that you wouldn't normally see from them.

They aren't- they're just as defined and moving visual-wise as they are in every other shot of the cinematic. It would be very consistent if they were the same speeds throughout and the oddity was the wave of magic that we saw be used.

You could equally argue the intent is to showcase her ability to hit multiple targets when suspended in the air. That's why arguing intent is generally not the best idea for feats. If multiple intents are possible- the feat is a bit too vague to assert.

@Friendly

Well they aren't going to change her attack looks for a slow-mo if they want to show speed. I don't know many scenes that do that if they are using speedsters seeing the world slower.

If y'all think that it isn't 100% than I'd be OK with using "possibly" or "likely", but scrapping it all together because of a possible interpretation is drastic.

Okay, I'm making a new thread and asking Ant to shut this one down as it's close to the limit. Don't post anymore here until I've linked the new thread please.

Aye, thread is full. To the new thread everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back