• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lancer fights the estranged uncle of Saber

Gae Bolg has low-godly regen negation, which is beyond Dante's regen and resistance in this key, plus Dante doesn't resist concept manip from the barbed spear. Not saying lancer wins, but he has wincons and the means to pull them off

Last edited:
Looks at the low godly blog

Yeah, he does not have that yet.
The profile does not mention anything about low godly negg tho, just "regeneration negation"

The concept hax is only about "your heart will get pierced"

Looks at the low godly blog

Yeah, he does not have that yet.
The profile does not mention anything about low godly negg tho, just "regeneration negation"

The concept hax is only about "your heart will get pierced"
Yeah, fate's pages suck. If you ask knowledgeables they'll confirm the low-godly neg tho. If you want to ignore that then yeah dante stomps but i think it's relatively close otherwise

I see that Lancer uses a spear, but how far are those regen neg stabs going to help when Dante can keep fighting with debilitating injuries fairly well.
Lancer can kill Dante, but can he before he himself gets killed ?

I see that Lancer uses a spear, but how far are those regen neg stabs going to help when Dante can keep fighting with debilitating injuries fairly well.
Lancer can kill Dante, but can he before he himself gets killed ?
Ehhh... maybe.

Normally I don't comment on DMC vs Fate threads for reasons that are obvious, but this one is actually relatively interesting I think. Lancer's toolkit is pretty well-equipped to take on Dante in this key minus a couple things.

For Royalguard's invulnerability, Divinity can break through 2-A defensive stuff, he can pretty easily maneuver his way through barrages of projectiles thanks to Protection from Arrows. As for actually landing a fatal blow, He does have options with his spear. He doesn't have the 2-A rune magic stuff like Scathach does, but from his showings, he doesn't tend to use Rune Magic for offense anyway, and prefers using his spear. Soaring spear is homing and has the AP needed to down Dante if it hits due to breaking through six layers of a 6-C+/Low 6-B Shield that already conceptually defends against throwing weapons, and it's got a WAY higher range than anything Dante has in this key.

And i think barbed spear would probably kill past Immortality?

"When it hits, Gáe Bolg fills the target's body with thorns and destroys it from the inside. It is described as causing damage equal to the opponent's maximum health plus the damage of the spear, always striking the "heart.""

Always hitting the heart isn't 100% literal, but given its description i think it would be a kill if Lancer hit with it.

I don't see much of a point in comparing skill, Lancer probably has a raw advantage due if we look at numbers of people he's beaten the shit out of but i think dante's analytical precog and doppelganger can close the gap in CQC. Lancer's big problem here is that Crimson is procrastinating on revisions Servant time resistance isn't yet at the level needed to defend him from Quicksilver, but he can boost his own speed with rune magic to maybe close the gap. I'm not sure how much quicksilver slows enemies by.

I think I'll vote Incon for now, both of them have solid wincons (Barbed Spear and Soaring Spear for Lancer, Ebony/Ivory and Quicksilver for Dante) and I don't really see one having a distinct advantage

Last edited:
Well, hmm interesting.
Royal Release attack refection is still a valid alternative imo.
Teleportation, DT and overall better aerial mobility will give much better chances of dodging and maneuvering for attacks.
Dante has impressive AD to adapt in battle to skill, and can fight even against odds.
Also DT speed amp, so there's that.
Don't worry about Quicksilver, it won't come out untill absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
I mean, this is dmc3, what he does is up in the air along with "whatever" and "random bullshit go!"

Imma ask a knowledgeable about that too

Can't wait for Fate/DMC matches to become spammed once Crimson gets off his butt and does fate revisions cause then everyone in fate'll get the same "everything is 4D" gimmick and quicksilver GG will no longer be an instant win button against 95% of all servants

Anyway that is the extent of my fate knowledge, i have nothing left to contribute to this thread so i'm just gonna lurk

yea my fate knowledge is pretty outdated, besides throwing the auto lock spear what other wincons does lancer have?

Well auto lock/homing spear is not that big of a deal.
Dante has options to dodge it, he has dealt with annoying homing attacks before, danmaku at that.(Beowulf feather barrage, Infinite Judgement Cut).

If the spear does pierce him and destroys his heart and negs his regen, well immortality type 2 says hi. And 2) its like giving a free weapon to the guy.😆

Because Type 2 immortality means being able to stand resilient to nearly fatal wounds.

Type 2 immortality doesn’t stop you from dying from a destroyed heart or brain.

Bruh what? Dante has had his heart destroyed several times and he just chills, look at dmc 3, 4, the anime, he has a big ass sword where his heart is supposed to be and he just goes around like nothing ever happened

Well auto lock/homing spear is not that big of a deal.
Dante has options to dodge it, he has dealt with annoying homing attacks before
I mean, You could say the same thing about Archer, but even he was forced to take it head-on with Rho Aias. It's not just normal homing like a heat-seeking missile or whatever, even if Dante dodges or deflects it it'll keep coming

Bruh what? Dante has had his heart destroyed several times and he just chills, look at dmc 3, 4, the anime, he has a big ass sword where his heart is supposed to be and he just goes around like nothing ever happened
Refer to my above post. It's not just his heart being stabbed, it's his entire body being filled with regen-negating thorns.

Last edited:
He has speed amp with DT, so he can keep dodging.

Anymore pressure will force Quicksilver into action.....

Also attack reflection.

Also Kage Bunshin :v, to attack while dodging.

Sorry man, even with devil trigger I can't see him dodging a weapon that splits into 30 separate spearheads with homing properties and AOE. Thing's mobility and blast radius are insane, even with just one spearhead.

Even if he gets hit by one of them he'll be crippled severely, if not outright killed due to the regeneration negation, big explosion on contact, and the AP difference.

shit 😬

okay, lemme re-analyse.....Dante knows he is on backfoot from the start, cuz power sensing.

Considering Dante tango'ed with Beowulf who could easily stomp him with single punch, shows he kept up with evasion alone untill end. So he has atleast rudimentary experience in fighting stronger opponents.
Considering Dante can deal with Infinite Judgement Cut( which is summoned on his person) from Vergil who has equal speed to him, dodging danmaku from slower opponent is not that hard.

Lancer is spearless in interim, Dante will just rush him while dodging. He can be offensive even while dodging. Sealing is a valid wincon in this situation, especially where Dante is pushed to his limits.

I think Dante is smart enough to realise when to use Quicksilver.

And I don't think Lancer will start out with his big moves at start, especially when he realizes Dante is interior in strength.

All in all, he can pull a win high diff.
Unrelated to all this, why has nobody done Vergil vs Muramasa yet
Who's this dude??

shit 😬

okay, lemme re-analyse.....Dante knows he is on backfoot from the start, cuz power sensing.

Considering Dante tango'ed with Beowulf who could easily stomp him with single punch, shows he kept up with evasion alone untill end. So he has atleast rudimentary experience in fighting stronger opponents.
And I don't think Lancer will start out with his big moves at start, especially when he realizes Dante is interior in strength.
Is dante inferior in strength? As far as I know they scale to pretty much the same AP (lancer's 23 gigatons and dante is 24 gigatons). Soaring spear itself is higher but gae bolg's base AP isn't.

I'm also not sure I'd compare Lancer to Beowulf. The latter's much more of a hulking beast who relies on brute strength compared to Lancer who's much more of an analytical and skilled opponent.
Considering Dante can deal with Infinite Judgement Cut( which is summoned on his person) from Vergil who has equal speed to him, dodging danmaku from slower opponent is not that hard.
I'm not sure if i'd call judgement cut Danmaku. Dante's analytical precog helped him in that respect because it meant he could get out of the way of the spots where Judgement Cut was happening. The vectors and directions of gae bolg VS Judgement Cut are pretty different. I don't doubt he could probably avoid one spear, but i'm not sure about thirty of them.
Lancer is spearless in interim, Dante will just rush him while dodging. He can be offensive even while dodging. Sealing is a valid wincon in this situation, especially where Dante is pushed to his limits.
Lancer can summon gae bolg back to his hand (refer to one of the links I posted above). If we are going down this route, he can use one of them as a weapon while Dante has to still dodge the other 29 of them.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but dante doesn't appear to have sealing in DMC3, he doesn't get it until 1.
All in all, he can pull a win high diff.
Fair enough, I suppose. I'm keeping incon but i think whoever wins does so with extreme difficulty
Who's this dude??

Last edited:
Lancer can summon gae bolg back to his hand (refer to one of the links I posted above). If we are going down this route, he can use one of them as a weapon while Dante has to still dodge the other 29 of them.
has he done something like this before?

has he done something like this before?
He's summoned the spear back to his hand immediately after impacting with archer. I feel like if Dante does show he can dodge common sense dictates he would probably recall one of the spears back.

Okay for real now i have said just about everything I can say about Lancer, vote how you will

Is dante inferior in strength? As far as I know they scale to pretty much the same AP (lancer's 23 gigatons and dante is 24 gigatons). Soaring spear itself is higher but gae bolg's base AP isn't.
DMC3 Dante is a bit tricky due to scaling, but fair enough suppose.
I'm not sure if i'd call judgement cut Danmaku. Dante's analytical precog helped him in that respect because it meant he could get out of the way of the spots where Judgement Cut was happening. The vectors and directions of gae bolg VS Judgement Cut are pretty different. I don't doubt he could probably avoid one spear, but i'm not sure about thirty of them.
Fair analysis, but he still has experience against high mobility homing attacks like Vergil's Force Edge round trip, while it is only in count one Dante has atleast experienced that kind of skill, he has his own after all.
Beowulf danmaku is similar enough to further bolster his experience.
Overall even considering Gae Bolg a major advantage in Lancers favour, speed amp should keep the edge slightly in Dante's favour.
Teleportation also helps.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but dante doesn't appear to have sealing in DMC3, he doesn't get it until 1.
He has the inferior version, the one that only power nulls and BFRs. He can use Jackpot alone, Vergil contributing in it was purely circumstantial due to Arkham slapping Ebony out of his hand. He can do it alone.
Fair enough, I suppose. I'm keeping incon but i think whoever wins does so with extreme difficulty
Yeah, me too I guess. I might give 55/100 for Dante but thats just my opinion.

Nice intense match, good debate.

I'll stop for know and let the other's decide.
Saber (Senji Muramasa)
That guy is stacked, maybe after some DMC upgrades are finished Vergil may have good chance.

He has the inferior version, the one that only power nulls and BFRs. He can use Jackpot alone, Vergil contributing in it was purely circumstantial due to Arkham slapping Ebony out of his hand. He can do it alone.
I see. It doesn't appear to be on his page, but neither is the tier of gae bolg's regen neg so i can't talk
That guy is stacked, maybe after some DMC upgrades are finished Vergil may have good chance.
Start them both in melee range and bloodlusted

idk enough about dante to confidently say he can evade 30 homing spears i second melee range + bloodlust.

Gae Bolg has low-godly regen negation, which is beyond Dante's regen and resistance in this key, plus Dante doesn't resist concept manip from the barbed spear. Not saying lancer wins, but he has wincons and the means to pull them off
He doesn't. He negates Low-Mid at best, and even then, not even in a major enough way to actually kill. After he directly scored a hit with Gae Bolg against Artoria, she merely had an wound and a weakening effect put on her. This was before she had Avalon, so it was merely her natural regen keeping Gae Bolg's curse and regen neg from killing her.
For Royalguard's invulnerability, Divinity can break through 2-A defensive stuff
No, it can't. It can ignore barriers made via Authority, but those aren't always 2-A. Otherwise everything could break through Lord Camelot since that isn't a divine shield, but almost nothing can.

Q: Who'd win if the Servants and the 27 Ancestors fought each other? Also, who'd win in a fight between Bazett, a renowned powerhouse of the Association, and Ciel, top class in even the Association?

A:
Depends on compatibility, but basically Servants will have the slightly higher advantage. With Saber, Lancer, and Archer classes, we ought to be able to relax and see decent fights. In particular, Saber has THAT sort of Noble Phantasms so against guys like the 27 Ancestors that overwhelm by material quantity and alienness, she'd be REALLY tough.
....Well, there are also some of those tough Ancestors that can withstand a direct hit from Excalibur-class attacks, but against those guys that just (emphasis on just; other stats don't match up) have wickedly high HP, Lancer-aniki'd be pretty tough.
Lancer have regen neg at most at High-Mid, or you can scale to Arcueid Low-Godly or Crimson Moon.

The best feat he has is a negation of Servant Regen, which is Low-Mid over time.

Ancestors have widely varying levels of Regen; its entirely possible they have Consort Yu's Low-Godly, or they could have the more regular levels. Either way, unless you want to suddenly revise his profile to add the details, his best feat is Low-Mid.

I feel like a great deal of Servant profiles are in very, very poor condition. A lot of them are missing context, scans, or specifications. Which is probably why so many fate fans have such a widely varying opinion on what they can actually do.

Yeah he have low-mid feat, but thats statement directly from Nasu saying he is really tough to DAA who have High-Mid.

Oh right, the highest regen on DAA is Wallachia who have High-Godly.

Back