• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
d7o307h-04226344-d101-483b-bd76-594c822e68dd.jpg

The battle takes place on the outside of Devil May Cry shop being seen by Dante and Dante casually, whoever wins will have a pizza box and a Strawberry IceCream bucket

VJ Dante can use Six Majin if he need it

Speed is Equal

AP for MvC is above 3.29105358 Quettatons and Ap for VJ is above 3.41778203 Quettatons

Music

Another Dante: 6 (@Lonkitt, @Tonygameman, @Stillwinston, @Dinamic8000, @Artorimachi_Meteoraft, @Doggo
)

Another Dante but made by Hideki Kamiya:

The Canon Another Dante:

Last edited:
MvC Dante
-Significantly more skilled
-More cunning of a fighter
-When comparing the two by themselves become significantly stronger using his Devil Trigger, X-Factor, and the Power Gem
-Can make up for the initial speed disadvantage with Devil Trigger, X-Factor
-Larger arsenal
-Much more healing options (His own Regeneration, X-Factor's passive healing, Devil Trigger's passive healing, the Soul Gem's healing)
-Could drain VJ Dante's health with the Soul Gem
-Possesses senses that are more useful in combat
-Could phase through VJ Dante's attacks at times with the Time Gem
-Has an overall range advantage with the Reality and Space Gems
-Has a variety of Danmaku options to keep VJ Dante busy

VJ Dante
-Starts off slightly stronger
-Can become significantly faster through his own abilities
-Can resurrect
-Has a much longer lasting sealing ability
-Could reflect specific projectiles from MvC Dante
-His precognition could potentially be useful if MvC Dante manages to become faster
-Gains a size and physical range advantage with Six Majin
-VFX Zoom allows him to get some free hits in

This is a fairly even fight and I think both would give each other a decent amount of trouble. MvC Dante is a much better fighter with tons of problematic options at his disposal for both offence and defence. VJ Dante has some tricks of his own, as he's likely going to remain faster throughout the fight, has a giant ass mech that'll help him change tactics drastically, and can resurrect once

At the end of the day, I'd give this to MvC Dante for a view reasons:
-While Six Majin would change the battle situation drastically, MvC Dante was capable of beating Galactus, an opponent large enough to hold planets in his hand. So the size wouldn't be a huge problem
-Given MvC Dante's skill and weaponry, he can get a lot craftier than a lot of the opponents VJ Dante's had to deal with, which should throw him off a few times in the battle
-MvC Dante's amps are pretty cracked. Devil Trigger allowed him to easily defeat a guy who one-shot his base, and Dante would be able to stack X-Factor and the Power Gem boost on top of that
-MvC Dante's methods of healing are a lot more reliable
-VJ Dante has no counter to the Soul Gem's health drain

Voting MvC Dante

One second, I thought we could only give the user one gem/stone within the game(and Battle thread) and if I'm not mistaken he kept the Soul gem in the end of Infinite

One second, I thought we could only give the user one gem/stone within the game(and Battle thread) and if I'm not mistaken he kept the Soul gem in the end of Infinite
Characters can carry as many Gems as they want. They can just only use one at once

VJ Dante can just like, freely blitz to his heart's desire with Mach Speed or Slow lol, I don't know why that hasn't been a bit more of a topic but like, he can do that and probably will to his heart's content given that like 70% of VJ gameplay is spent slowing down time
MvC Dante
-Significantly more skilled
What are MvC's skill feats? I'm not saying Viewtiful Joe is better but they do fight people with thousands of years of combat experience which, is something. Joe also learns how to fight almost immediately based solely on natural instincts
-Much more healing options (His own Regeneration, X-Factor's passive healing, Devil Trigger's passive healing, the Soul Gem's healing)
I mean those are all pretty limited, nothing a few good bullets/stabs can't overcome
-Could drain VJ Dante's health with the Soul Gem
-Could phase through VJ Dante's attacks at times with the Time Gem
-Has an overall range advantage with the Reality and Space Gems
Correct me if I'm wrong but he can only have one of those going on at a time right
-Has a variety of Danmaku options to keep VJ Dante busy
That's what Slow is for. It literally has a "dodge any bullets that come your way" mechanic built in.
-Can become significantly faster through his own abilities
Bit of an understatement
-Can resurrect
Up to 9 times, I think, to full health
-Could reflect specific projectiles from MvC Dante
Why "specific projectiles?" He can reflect basically anything, from bullets to rockets to miscellaneous thrown things to energy balls.
-Gains a size and physical range advantage with Six Majin
Bit of an understatement, he can literally become planetary in size and Dante just doesn't have the range to attack him if he does that
-VFX Zoom allows him to get some free hits in
Some amped hits, to be precise
-While Six Majin would change the battle situation drastically, MvC Dante was capable of beating Galactus, an opponent large enough to hold planets in his hand. So the size wouldn't be a huge problem
In a fight where he's like, 20 meters tall.
-Given MvC Dante's skill and weaponry, he can get a lot craftier than a lot of the opponents VJ Dante's had to deal with, which should throw him off a few times in the battle
Not really? It's pretty difficult to throw off someone who can just slow down time massively and easily pick apart whatever you're doing, then boost to move way faster and easily overwhelm you.
-MvC Dante's amps are pretty cracked. Devil Trigger allowed him to easily defeat a guy who one-shot his base, and Dante would be able to stack X-Factor and the Power Gem boost on top of that
Mach Speed is a massive blitz by default [compared to people equal in speed to Dante no less] and it can be upgraded several times from that, I just don't think he's hitting him

Last edited:
Also even in base VJ Dante is way faster, 62% vs 15% [actually written as 0.15% on the verse page but that's a mistake I think] of SoL, that's 4.13 times faster, which is a massive gap even if MvC Dante upscales.

What are MvC's skill feats? I'm not saying Viewtiful Joe is better but they do fight people with thousands of years of combat experience which, is something. Joe also learns how to fight almost immediately based solely on natural instincts
Aside from those on Dante’s page? He scales above the likes of guys like Ryu, Spider-Man, and Captain America in terms of skill (all of which have some incredibly notable skill feats on their respective pages that I would highly encourage you to check out for an idea). Not to mention, he’s equal to Vergil, who defeated Wolverine. Wolverine himself could at one point come out in a draw against Akuma, and has fought against Apocalypse, who is nearly five thousand years old himself and has spent a good amount of that time with combat experience. Learning off natural instincts ain’t bad, but MvC Dante’s been fighting demons without any formal training at a young age, along with an array of weapons he mastered on his own while scaling above several characters with pretty damn good skill showings

I mean those are all pretty limited, nothing a few good bullets/stabs can't overcome
I think you’re severely downplaying his healing methods. MvC Dante could very quickly heal from a stab to the chest with his own regeneration. Pair that with his other healing methods, its gonna make Dante pretty damn persistent. Sure, some of the healing methods he has are better than others, but calling them “pretty limited” is downplay
Up to 9 times, I think, to full health
Proof of this?
Correct me if I'm wrong but he can only have one of those going on at a time right
Sure, but he can dish ‘em our really damn fast, and even one of them being used at a time can become severely overwhelming with Infinity Surge. Idk why you’re bringing this up, they’re all legitimate points against VJ Dante
In a fight where he's like, 20 meters tall.
Yeah, not quite. Story portrayals have put him at a MUUUUUUUCH larger size. Literally, large enough to step on the Six Majin. He only looks 20 meters because they needed the player to actually be able to fight Galactus. So no, he wasn’t just 20 meters tall, that would be silly
Bit of an understatement, he can literally become planetary in size and Dante just doesn't have the range to attack him if he does that
Dante’s fought a guy much bigger than two planets before. No. He could fight him
Why "specific projectiles?" He can reflect basically anything, from bullets to rockets to miscellaneous thrown things to energy balls.
I looked at the scans and I didn’t see a lot of projectiles that matches energy based attacks. Giant bullets and rockets? Sure. But I didn’t see a lot for energy

While I disagree with some of your arguments, if this really is a speed blitz, then I guess the match has the be shut down. There’s no denying the speed difference

Last edited:
I think you’re severely downplaying his healing methods. MvC Dante could very quickly heal from a stab to the chest with his own regeneration. Pair that with his other healing methods, its gonna make Dante pretty damn persistent. Sure, some of the healing methods he has are better than others, but calling them “pretty limited” is downplay
I mean, if the opponent has a sword he can definitely cause more damage than Mid-Low can heal.
Proof of this?
You can hold nine of the items that you use to resurrect at a time?
Sure, but he can dish ‘em our really damn fast, and even one of them being used at a time can become severely overwhelming with Infinity Surge. Idk why you’re bringing this up, they’re all legitimate points against VJ Dante
I mean, the fact that only one can ever be true at a time means it's not as impactful as if they all were at once.
Yeah, not quite. Story portrayals have put him at a MUUUUUUUCH larger size. Literally, large enough to step on the Six Majin. He only looks 20 meters because they needed the player to actually be able to fight Galactus. So no, he wasn’t just 20 meters tall, that would be silly
But like, his range doesn't reflect this, nor should it, so even if you assume he beat a planetary-sized Galactus, he must have done so by attacking him when he was close, which isn't something Dante needs to do.

Plus like, changing his size isn't exactly something Galactus isn't known for doing in the comics, if he's 20 meters in the fight then he could very well have shrunk to fight them more comfortably.
I looked at the scans and I didn’t see a lot of projectiles that matches energy based attacks. Giant bullets and rockets? Sure. But I didn’t see a lot for energy
It's the first scan. That's an energy blast.
While I disagree with some of your arguments, if this really is a speed blitz, then I guess the match has the be shut down. There’s no denying the speed difference
I dunno, depends if you think 4x (minus MvC's amps) is a blitz. Otherwise VJ Dante needs amps to blitz, albeit ones that he abuses very frequently.

I mean, if the opponent has a sword he can definitely cause more damage than Mid-Low can heal.
Not wrong
You can hold nine of the items that you use to resurrect at a time?
Yeah, that’ll do it. Sorry if I sounded like I doubted you, I just didn’t know how Take Two works
I mean, the fact that only one can ever be true at a time means it's not as impactful as if they all were at once.
I wrote this with the knowledge and intention that he can only use one at a time. They haven’t lost their potency. Stuff like Health Drain, Sealing, etc. are still pretty damn useful here
I dunno, depends if you think 4x (minus MvC's amps) is a blitz. Otherwise VJ Dante needs amps to blitz, albeit ones that he abuses very frequently.
4x wouldn’t be a blitz, along with MvC Dante’s own amps like you mentioned. Though like you also mentioned, Mach Speed would straight up be a massive blitz right?

But like, his range doesn't reflect this, nor should it, so even if you assume he beat a planetary-sized Galactus, he must have done so by attacking him when he was close, which isn't something Dante needs to do.

Plus like, changing his size isn't exactly something Galactus isn't known for doing in the comics, if he's 20 meters in the fight then he could very well have shrunk to fight them more comfortably.
Changing size isn’t a bad assumption given certain scenes, but the implication was that Galactus was fighting at full size during his attempt to destroy Earth

Not saying this gives Dante planetary range because it certainly doesn’t. Only saying Dante’s fought a much larger opponent

I wrote this with the knowledge and intention that he can only use one at a time. They haven’t lost their potency. Stuff like Health Drain, Sealing, etc. are still pretty damn useful here
Fair enough.
4x wouldn’t be a blitz, along with MvC Dante’s own amps like you mentioned. Though like you also mentioned, Mach Speed would straight up be a massive blitz right?
Yeah, but he needs to activate it and it has a limit. Granted the energy for it regenerates really fast and he can spend the majority of the fight's time in it (especially from his perspective), but he can't do it all the time, there would need to be some moments of pause between uses of Mach Speed. It's still a very overpowering tool though.

Yeah, but he needs to activate it and it has a limit. Granted the energy for it regenerates really fast and he can spend the majority of the fight's time in it (especially from his perspective), but he can't do it all the time, there would need to be some moments of pause between uses of Mach Speed. It's still a very overpowering tool though.
Ah, alright. That makes sense

MvC Dante recently got bumped to baseline FTL, so the unequal speed may not work now

I guess that makes things a bit fairer, but Mach Speed remains a huge blitz and I think that's not something MvC Dante can beat.

Back