• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well I tried this matchup in the past, it never got finished but due to revisions on both sides this might actually work now I guess.
  • Speed is equalised
  • Both are 8-C
  • Lady does not have optional equipment and Magician does not have Pandora's box.
  • Both start 20 meters apart
  • SBA otherwise
Even a devil may cry: 4

Light gun Mewtwo: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
The Magician's AP up scales from 0.63 tons.

Lady only has one 8-C weapon; the rest are wall level. That weapon and her durability are 0.26 tons.

So Magician has more than a 2X AP advantage, and Lady only hits even that hard with her rocket launcher. This borders on a stomp, if it isn't one.

???????????

Lady can no sell her own explosions though can't she? Therefore the gap should be closer, no offence but I feel as though you might be selling her short here. Even then pain tolerance and skill is a thing. Plus Magician's invulnerability would be useless here as explosions would hit his red parts and make him stagger, if two guys with handguns and bad voice acting can do that then no reason to suggest she can't either.

???????????

Lady can no sell her own explosions though can't she? Therefore the gap should be closer
That's why her durability scales to the AP. Which is 0.26, and going up against 0.63.
no offence but I feel as though you might be selling her short here.
I was the one who pushed to get this feat calculated. It was quite difficult getting the various disinterested people to actually do anything.
Even then pain tolerance and skill is a thing
How skilled or resilient is the Magician? If he's as unskilled as Homelander then she might be able to win.
Plus Magician's invulnerability would be useless here as explosions would hit his red parts and make him stagger, if two guys with handguns and bad voice acting can do that then no reason to suggest she can't either.
The AP is an issue. If her Kalina Ann is beaten in AP, which in this case it is, then her ability to beat the opponent is pretty limited at best.

That's why her durability scales to the AP. Which is 0.26, and going up against 0.63.

I was the one who pushed to get this feat calculated. It was quite difficult getting the various disinterested people to actually do anything.

How skilled or resilient is the Magician? If he's as unskilled as Homelander then she might be able to win.

The AP is an issue. If her Kalina Ann is beaten in AP, which in this case it is, then her ability to beat the opponent is pretty limited at best.
I mean I'm always of the opinion that no selling your own attacks can mean you upscale but hey ho

Sorry to hear that happened, I suck at calcs woulda tried if I could have.

Magician is actually homelander level yeah, heck he even lost to him here on this very wiki for that reason one time lmao. Magician's entire gameplan is to just fly around and lob fireballs, sometimes fly in for a slash. The issue is Lady can leap and grapple around like a cracked rooster vs AMS agents who just stand in place the whole time, he does keep fighting till the last hitpoint but never diverts his strategy.

Explosions mean he flinches from his red areas being hit, which is more time for him to get hit.

I mean I'm always of the opinion that no selling your own attacks can mean you upscale but hey ho
I tried to get a few more upgrades for her. Everyone I was speaking to essentially fell asleep.
Sorry to hear that happened, I suck at calcs woulda tried if I could have.
It's not your fault. Lady just isn't popular here.
Magician is actually homelander level yeah, heck he even lost to him here on this very wiki for that reason one time lmao. Magician's entire gameplan is to just fly around and lob fireballs, sometimes fly in for a slash. The issue is Lady can leap and grapple around like a cracked rooster vs AMS agents who just stand in place the whole time, he does keep fighting till the last hitpoint but never diverts his strategy.
What exactly is Magician's history and understanding of fighting? Training, experience, age, how long he's had power, who he's fought, everything.

Gameplay combat isn't enough to decide someone is unskilled by itself; the Dragonborn simply swings their weapon back and forth in gameplay, but we know they're more skilled than that would suggest.

The reason Homelander is such a joke in skill is because he has never faced anyone who could challenge him and never even experienced basic physical adversity. Is the Magician like that?

I tried to get a few more upgrades for her. Everyone I was speaking to essentially fell asleep.

It's not your fault. Lady just isn't popular here.

What exactly is Magician's history and understanding of fighting? Training, experience, age, how long he's had power, who he's fought, everything.

Gameplay combat isn't enough to decide someone is unskilled by itself; the Dragonborn simply swings their weapon back and forth in gameplay, but we know they're more skilled than that would suggest.

The reason Homelander is such a joke in skill is because he has never faced anyone who could challenge him and never even experienced basic physical adversity. Is the Magician like that?
Tfw a hot chick called Lady gets outsimped by a white haired, red jacket wearing 50 smth hobbo looking guy.

Well Magician is like......5 years old I guess? He was made in 1998 iirc and his last recorded fight is in 2003 in HotD4, plus he's got like 3 actual fights in 1, 2 and 4 special. Training was nothing there, his powerset was born with him. Those he fought were I'd say rather skilled, considering they can go down in like 3 hits against anything and fought various monsters, but he lost all three times and they just had normal firearms.

Tfw a hot chick called Lady gets outsimped by a white haired, red jacket wearing 50 smth hobbo looking guy.
It's because the higher tier characters always get the attention.
Well Magician is like......5 years old I guess? He was made in 1998 iirc and his last recorded fight is in 2003 in HotD4, plus he's got like 3 actual fights in 1, 2 and 4 special.
So he's had 3 fights.
Training was nothing there, his powerset was born with him
Zero training.
. Those he fought were I'd say rather skilled, considering they can go down in like 3 hits against anything and fought various monsters, but he lost all three times and they just had normal firearms.
Did they scale to him in regards to power?

Well they were all monsters of various sizes, some had flight, others could swim underwater or have multiple heads. I'd say the answer is yes and no I guess. Here's them from the first game

The second game wasn't too much different, Strength was a real bitch to fight for me as a kid though.

I'd say the most unique bosses were in 4. Temperance for example couldn't even be damaged unless you drop a giant clock on his head and the star fought similar to Magician. G the player two person from the first game does fight Magician again in 4 special if that's worth any mention. Canon wise Magician is regarded as the most superior creation of the big bad Curien too if that's worth a mention.

As for Magician himself this is how he fights in the games

Last edited:
Yeah, Magician fights like the average first boss in a DMC game that gets defeated then becomes a normal enemy. Voting Lady.

Seems like Magician's tactic of flying around then stopping to fire blasts would be easily countered by Lady's tactics, since she can easily dodge those attacks while shooting him. The Kalina Ann isn't actually a single shot weapon either. Meanwhile the Magician has no defensive moves at all except flying around, and he seems incompetent at using that while also attacking.

In fact, it seems as if those fire spells might require he stay still and charge them up to cast them, like the ritual spells in Skyrim, whereas Lady can easily dodge and attack at the same time.

With Magician needing to stand still and charge spells, I'd say Lady can easily defend against the spells and blast him. So it seems she eventually wins.

Back