• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyogre's Roar downgrade

So everyone goes back to scaling to Lugia, now including the Regis, Mega Latis and all of the weather trio bar mega ray.

Regice, Regirock and Registeel become Low 6-B, scaling to legendaries like Moltres etc

Kyogre and Groudon become 'At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B' scaling above the regis

Regigigas becomes '6-B' scaling to Lugia (as a trio master)

Mega Latis become '6-B'. We treat all other megas as at least a 2x multiplier, so the Latis should be no exception

Primals Kyogre + Groudon become 'At least 6-B, likely higher' scaling far above their base form, above the Mega lati twins, with my calc as a supporting feat and the 'higher' still being justified by Primal Groudon staggering Mega Ray.

Base Rayquaza gets the same rating for overpowering both primals.

Dark649 said:
I remember that in the Adventures Manga Primal Groudon and Kyogre destroyed fragments of the 5-B meteor, but were overwhelmed shortly after.
I mean, there's this. Consistent with the fact that Primal Groudon staggered Mega Ray, and base Ray shouldn't be that far away in power from its mega form.

Assuming the meteor in the manga was still 5-B.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Was Lugia feat storm creation? I think that is what CAPE applies too.
CAPE is irrelevant to that feat, there are solid numbers on how much energy a storm releases per hour, so a single flap from lugias wings scales to the total energy released by an hypothetical 40 days storm.

Btw given that we are discussing legendary scaling, why the birds scale from 1/3 of Lugia's strength by flapping his wings too hard if they defeated it?

Like I get that they are individually weaker but they definitely shouldn't be below Lugia's casual strength

On second thoughts, if it was just fragments that came from the meteor, they wouldn't scale to that. Moon level Primals sounds alright tho

The OBD uses it for their Groudon and Kyogre's profiles, but it probably would be best to get a calc member to check the numbers match up.

The Base Groudon one is not a solid feat calc, it's just assuming Groudon is doing what the Pokédex says he can do instantly, which he doesn't, so it isn't usable.

Air Lock doesn't disperse the storms, only the effects (i.e.: water boost in rain) according to Bulbapedia. Otherwise, the storm wouldn't have spread to Rayquaza's tower.

Considering it is much more reasonable in that it does not assume this fake Sun has the density of the real thing, yes I absolutely do. That, and it was accepted by people here.

Fine. Fine.

On a related note, something about Lugia being the one who everyone scales to gets under my gears. I kinda think Lugia's popularity is overrated.

Air Lock in Mystery Dungeon straight up sets the weather to clear, so it's possible that Rayquaza and its air lock were responsible for the dispersion

GyroNutz said:
Air Lock in Mystery Dungeon straight up sets the weather to clear
The feat doesn't pertain to MD continuity though, in sapphire it doesn't change the weather, it just mitigates its effects.

Technically cutscenes don't pertain to game mechanics either. But if you are gonna go with how Air Lock is presented in games, then MD is a valid interpretation too.

Kepekley23 said:
Considering it is much more reasonable in that it does not assume this fake Sun has the density of the real thing.
The calc you linked to assumes the artificial sun has the density of the real thing

"Density of sun = 1410 kg/m^3 " clearly written in the GBE part of the calculation.

Speaking of MD I just remembered something. Anyone know Team A.C.T.?

It's a team that consists of a Charizard, a Tyranitar and an Alakazam. They're a massive deal in the MD world, Blue/Red rescue team, with Alakazam being the strongest member.

Charizard from this team would have been capable of defeating Zapdos despite the type advantage, further shown by how it was stated how Team A.C.T. would have no problem fighting Moltres/Articuno, which they later proved as well.

When all three of them went to fight Groudon, they all got defeated with ease.

It's not much, but at the very least it secures a solid 6-B rating for base Groudon + Kyogre.

GyroNutz said:
Technically cutscenes don't pertain to game mechanics either. But if you are gonna go with how Air Lock is presented in games, then MD is a valid interpretation too.
The clouds get parted multiple times from their fight long before Rayquaza's arrives to the scene though. The feat is from in sapphire so the depiction of the move there takes precedence over Mystery Dungeon's.

Back