• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyogre's Roar downgrade

Kk. There's a 5-B feat or 2 for Primal Groudon in Hoopa and the Clash of Ages.

One of them is when Primal Groudon tries hitting Ash and the Mega Eon Duo with an attack but they dodge and it accidently hits White/Black Kyurem, causing some minor damage.

And Kyurem later on does the exact same thing back to Groudon. It tries hitting the Eon Duo and Mega Ray with an ice attack, but it ends up hitting Primal Groudon by mistake, freezing him. Primal Groudon melts out of it moments later without any notable damage done to it.

Yes, Clash of Ages is a huge PIS cluster when involving the Creation Trio, but that doesnt mean the regular legendaries cannot scale to what feats they do to each other. Something has to be scaleable and as long as it keeps out the CT, it's reasonable to consider too.

@Xerkser500 I found the Clash of Ages movie very unreliable, as it felt like more of a desperate nostalgia flush of "legacy legends", but ultimately never had much merit besides a bunch of god mons duking it out for old fans' sake.

And yes, I HATED it almost as much as the Arceus film.

@Xerser Kyurem Black/White is currently 5-A, so Groudon harming him would be an outlier.

GyroNutz said:
@Xerser Kyurem Black/White is currently 5-A, so Groudon harming him would be an outlier.
But what about when Mega Rayquaza was able to hurt Giratina, though? We can't let that pass without some scrutiny. Then again, it's likely just more PIS for action scene purposes.

Like you and Xerser said, the movie is filled with tons of PIS. Mega Ray harming Giratina is a good example of this

If the harming came from mons whose tiers are relatively close, like with Kyurem and Groudon, MAYBE that's okay. But I dunno, cause aforementioned reasons.

Again, obviously when talking about the CT, it's PIS beyond relief. So PIS that even the Arceus movie would probably send prayers to it.

But that doesnt mean nothing period is scalable. Which is why, as I said, completely disregard the CT and we have stuff that can be debatably legit.

And im pretty sure causing slight damage to a 5-A....wouldnt make yourself 5-A. Then again, that would probably put the Primals into a major part of 5-B so idk.

There's still an >11x gap between Mega Rayquaza's own feat and baseline 5-A. It's not the biggest outlier, but it's still unreliable

I think Groudon has High 6-A feats in PMD: Red/Blue, but I haven't played that game in a long time and don't remember much :/

Pretty sure the earthquakes weren't actually earthquakes but were the shockwaves of an incoming shooting star.

Even then they didn't cause any structural damage so I doubt they'd be High 6-A.

Unless you're talking about something else?

Dragopentling said:
Btw, can anyone share a clip of Groudon hurting Kyurem? I wanna examine that scene a bit more in detail.
I have the movie downloaded to my PC, so i'll make a clip of it (and the Kyurem hurting Groudon bit too)

From here, we don't see if Kyurem reeled from being hit or not, much less know by how much. If Kyurem roared in pain from it, there's some merit to it being considered a possible feat, but not here, it seems.

Hmm okay to that then. Hoopa movie feats were just an add on really.

The biggest significant feats are what the Primals do to Mega Rayquaza, which are like 5-6 feats.

The only remote thing that was said to go against them was that anti-feat Kep mentioned, which isn't an anti feat as I debunked it.

Oh yeah, forgot this post for a bit.

By the way, I forgot to post this earlier. When Archie and Maxie explain to their subordinates everything in regards to their connection with Groudon and Kyogre, they specify that when in the Distortion World, the voice that called out to them and told them to become one with those 2 again is implied to be Groudon and Kyogre's voices. Or "the planets".

So Groudon and Kyogre can possibly be the embodiments of the planet too?
Groudon and Kyogre being the planet itself

Back