• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyogre's Roar downgrade

We both know that even Squirtle can create water from nothing, let alone Kyogre. So your logic there is wrong. Also, I don't recall it saying anywhere in the calc that Groudon's vaporization was instantaneous. The heat capacity formula doesn't take that into account. Result's in joules, not joules/second.

The wattage for a country wide storm that'll last for years should have crazy wattage if Lugia's feat is anything to go by anyway.

Heat calcs absolutely need to have their timeframe taken into account. Heat transferrence is usually measured in joules per '''second''' afterall.

Uh...wrong. Watts is the ratio of energy that transforms into one state (for example, kinetic) to another (for example┬▓, chemical)

Heat capacity totally depends on energy transference/transformation. Energy required to heat stuff, is j/s.

I think "At least 6-B" via scaling, until they a higher feat that is valid.

I'll drop out of this discussion for now, because I have a crapton of stuff to do.

The real cal howard said:
Also, I don't recall it saying anywhere in the calc that Groudon's vaporization was instantaneous. The heat capacity formula doesn't take that into account. Result's in joules, not joules/second.
It does. You can turn 1 l of water into steam over time using a normal cooker.

Doesn't mean that the cooker produces enough energy to vaporize all of it instantly.

If I turn on my Leopard Gecko's heat lamp and let it evaporate water and give it theoretical unlimited usage time, it will have evaporate thousands of gallons of water over a couple decades. That doesn't make it Building level or whatever that would be.

Maybe a "Possibly 5-B" for Primal Groudon and Kyogre, since Primal Groudon's attack staggered Mega Rayquaza for a while in Pokémon Mega Evolution Act III

It shouldn't affect Rayquaza, as in both keys, it fought against Deoxys and blew up its meteor, which was calc'ed to blow up the planet.

Also, huge necro, I know, but I don't think the weather trio's Tier revisions should even change at all. I honestly think the rethinking of storm potency isn't really consistent from verse to verse.

For example, exactly how big were the storms that Shizue and Ranga created from Tensei Shitara, and also the storm that Weakened All Might created? The latter's potency didn't exactly look Island Level to me.

I get the new storm calcs, but I've looked through a couple of profiles that had "storm feats", including the aforementioned, so unless if tier revisions (or at least checks for need of revisions) are yet to be made for EVERYONE with storm calcs, then the inconsistencies would raise suspicions of all this being nothing but spite, though I'd rather not try to fall back on that judgment too easily as of right now.

Besides everything that those have said here, I have new stuff that could probably save the Primals 5-B rating if not whatever was discussed.

But should I make it into another thread? This one seems...pretty long.

Xerkser500 said:
Besides everything that those have said here, I have new stuff that could probably save the Primals 5-B rating if not whatever was discussed.
But should I make it into another thread? This one seems...pretty long.
you can go ahead with that

Dragopentling said:
Elizhaa said:
I think C.A.P.E got a upgrade now: Standard Storm Calculations
does anyone have any images (not questionable calcs) that would prove that Weakened All Might's storm was standard Island Level? From the link I got in the description, this felt more like Mountain Level AT BEST.
This is like completely irrelevant. Make a CRT for it. And please stop arguing from incredulity...like actually debunk the calc instead of saying it's questionable.

Kaltias said:
That's not relevant for this discussion, like at all
It kinda is, cause this thread should be directly related to the CAPE calcs, and All Might's thunderstorm feat is more or less an example of such. But sure, maybe I'll start a new thread.

"It kinda is, cause this thread should be directly related to the CAPE calcs, and All Might's thunderstorm feat is more or less an example of such."

It really isn't. It's about CAPE and how it effects Kyogre. Not how it effects All Might. If you want to focus on All Might, make a separate CRT.

Dragon and Kaltias are absolutely correct.

This is not only off topic, but the thread is already way too long enough as it is. Going off topic now is only going to make it worse.

okay well.........my bad, then

Because the majority on wiki still wants to say that Primal Kyogre's swamping of all of Earth in a planetary storm is "High 6-B at best", yet the off-topic feat is somehow "baseline Island Level", I mistakingly brought the latter up cause I thought we needed some sort of comparison with another franchise, so sorry about that.

So just straight talk here......what would we need to PHYSICALLY see out of a baseline 5-B storm, besides just swamping and burying every continent and island in seawater?

Dragopentling said:
So just straight talk here......what would we need to PHYSICALLY see out of a baseline 5-B storm, besides just swamping and burying every continent and island in seawater?
Planet busting i guess.

The only reason why it was 5-B in the first place was thanks to KE, not due to the damage that it caused

The reason All Might's storm is so high is that he physically pulls in a storm, thus enabling KE to be used. This can't use KE anymore and thus it is far lower.

Kaltias said:
Dragopentling said:
Planet busting i guess.
The only reason why it was 5-B in the first place was thanks to KE, not due to the damage that it caused
Planet busting? Really? Maybe Jupiter's hurricane would be considered BL 5B just cause it's bigger than Earth and can literally swallow it, for example. But Kyogre's planetary feat definitely cannot be just a measly High 6-B. Also, kinda off topic, but still same verse.... ecause it'd come down to actual "planet busting", wouldn't calcs like Yveltal's 5-B stuff be put into question now, for example?

Dude, you're taking this too seriously. Planetary storms don't have to be 5-B. Mewtwo's from the first movie was calc'd at like, city level, for example.

Assaltwaffle said:
The reason All Might's storm is so high is that he physically pulls in a storm, thus enabling KE to be used. This can't use KE anymore and thus it is far lower.
No further comment here, then.....not because I'm convinced or believing in it (cause I don't), but because of previous comments here.

And a planetary storm is, by definition, not bigger than Earth so i don't see your point?

And Kyogre's planetary feat can absolutely be High 6-B because he isn't destroying anything, it's just a very big storm.

I also don't get what you mean with the Yveltal example

Back