• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outsmarted someone who has absolutely no intelligence feats and can plan world domination plans.

As far as actual fights go, Kratos when he was 10 was stated to be stomping 40-year old spartan warriors through raw skill, fought 100+ army battles by God of War 1 and in just a few fights grew his army to the thousands. That's all before he became the God of War or even an Adult Demigod.

Why is Kratos Tier 2 instead of 6? I must've missed something.

Also Kratos because of the several reasonings given in defense of the berserker Spartan who is literally covered in the remains of his dead family and still ***** prostitutes while wearing those ashes lol

Outsmarting nigh-omniscients is still >>>>>> all of that. Intelligence feats or no, they're still nigh-omniscient.

Also Darkrai doesn't use Embargo in-character. His non-combat intelligence is not relevant as far as an actual fight goes, I don't think I should be saying this since it's the common assumption for every fight in this wiki; You can't pretend he uses it. If we want to pretend he will try to use a move that he has never used in any canon of Pokémon, then we can pretend Kratos will just pull out the Blade of Olympus or the Claws of Hades and instantaneously one-shot or soulr-ip Darkrai - both of which are far more likely than what you're saying since he did try to do both of those things at least once in the series:

• His entire plan to fight Zeus was to use the Blade of Olympus; and he did just that and tried to impale Zeus as soon as he retrieved it, and the whole fight was a tug of war for who had the Blade the longest.
  • Instantly pulled the Blade out on Gaia in order to sever her hand and clear the path
  • Once he managed to get in a position in which he could use it, he used the Blade and impaled it on Cronos' head
And, for the Claws;

• Literally killed Hades with his own claws by taking his soul.

I still think that Darkrai can sleep. Some showings of Dark Void show it as a sinking dark zone and others still just a "go to sleep" move.

I agree that Embargo isn't in character, though. Darkrai will use many moves, like Dark Pulse, way before Embargo.

I still think the idea of "It was a projectile in this one specific canon so that's the only one we're taking into account" is bad

It is a projectile in:

• The games
  • The manga (both Adventures, Pocket Monsters, Diamond and that one Mime Jr. manga)
  • The anime
It might not be a projectile (since we don't know if it's the same move - feel free to correct me on this aspect, since it's secondary) on:

• PMD
Which one is most consistent?

Kepekley23 said:
It is a projectile in:
  • The games
  • The manga (both Adventures, Pocket Monsters, Diamond and that one Mime Jr. manga)
  • The anime
It might not be a projectile (since we don't know if it's the same move - feel free to correct me on this aspect, since it's secondary) on:

• PMD
Which one is most consistent?
go read what Sptflcrw said

I read it and almost none of it is true. The games' portrayal is vague since in D&P it just shows the screen shifting and it locking on the foe, and then Dark Void engulfing them. Sun and Moon, the only game with a full three-dimensional view of the fight, portrays Dark Void as projectile-based.

The description of the move is talking about the effects of Dark Void after it hits the foe. Not before it hits. It gives no idea of whether it's a projectile or not.

Actually, switch my vote to Kratos. After looking at Dark Void's animation in both 2D & 3D, coupled with the fact that Embargo seems to be OOC for Darkrai, Kratos FRA.

Golden Fleece negs it.

Nope. Dark Void is almost always projectile-based and the instances that aren't are just assumed by us to be Dark Void.

Just to note, the Golden Fleece isn't restricted to only projectiles. It also needed to be canonically used in a part where you reflect a petrifying energy beam. There is also an instance where Kratos used it to absorb an omnidirectional burst of light in his fight with Lahkesis.

Nah, Dark Void has several statements of it being a projectile.

Pokemon Anime

"Darkrai puts its hands together and forms a crimson and black or purple and black ball in its hands. It then fires it at the opponent. When the opponent is hit, a crimson or pink bubble appears around the opponent's body that soon disappears and makes them fall asleep, or Darkrai creates a crimson ball and holds it above its head, releasing multiple smaller balls from the larger one all around its body. When the small balls it the opponent, they form a pink crimson bubble around it that fade away into dark crimson. Once the sphere disappears, the opponent falls asleep."

Phantom Theif: Pokemon 7 Manga

"Darkrai creates a sphere of darkness in its hands. It then throws it at the enemy, putting them to sleep."

Pokémon: Pocket Monsters Manga

"Darkrai brings out a spherical ring from its hands. When the ring touches the foe, the foe falls asleep."

What else needs to be said?

By the way, I still think this fight will end as soon as Darkrai throws Dark Void, which will be rocked back at him and catch him by surprise, thus putting him to sleep. Considering this exact scenario was used to incapacitate him on the Pokémon Thief manga, I think that's exactly what would happen if this fight took place in canon.

Paradoxs argument for Kratos winning along with everything Kep has added to strengthen said argument leads me to say Kratos FRA.

How exactly is Kratos deflecting an attack from an infinite speed Darkrai who is likely 2-B? Is the golden fleece automatic or am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back