• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos takes on the Pokégod of darkness

Is Darkrai's hax planetary?

Because that's what it takes to make Kratos sleep. On Chains of Olympus Kratos was one of the only people who had the will and fortitude not to instantly fall asleep from the powers of Morpheus, the god of dreams, who pretty much put the entire world to sleep with his darkness powers right away, and it took like...Kratos spending a long time on the center of that fog in order to make him doze off for a few minutes.

It worked on Palkia and Dalgia. That should be more than enough to put Kratos to sleep as by that description, he hasn't resisted any sort of 4-d sleep inducement.

Yeah, well, if it worked on Palkia and Dialga it will probably work on Kratos since we don't have any information on how strong Morpheus is aside from him having good sleep hax and being weaker than Helios, so we can't say he has 4-D powers.

> Working on Palkia and Dialga

Literally when, legitimate question. The plot of the movie is that Darkrai can't calm them down and a specific flute needs to be used to do so. He tries to calm them down and they attack him instead. Darkrai explicitly fights with normal elemental attacks. Not only is it out-of-character for a 1v1 serious fight, it is a projectile attack which Kratos can easily reflect with the Golden Fleece.

Meanwhile, Kratos is much stronger, being scaled to the 9 realms of the Norse Pantheon while Darkrai is 2 universes, can win through a variety of ways such as summoning souls with petrification and madness inducement to fight for him, can easily utilize the Claws of Hades to hook Darkrai in and play a tug of war to absorb his soul and instantly kill him, but he also has multiple resistances to Power Null stacked atop each other on this form.

And that's ignoring the fact he is unkillable on this form and Darkrai doesn't have the hax required to kill him. Also ignoring that his tarting weapons, the Blades of Exile, absorb the life-force and strength of who they hit with every hit and empower Kratos instead.

He rendered them unconscious for a brief period of time in that very movie. It didn't last forever, but it's still better than anything Kratos has resisted.

Both Palkia and Dialga, much like Kratos, are 3-Ds with 4-D powers. Not 4-Ds, unless you want to argue GoW Cronos, who is the creator of time for his verse, is also a 4-D being. Chains of Olympus Kratos has resisted sleep hax that has much better AoE feats than what Darkrai has shown and this is the infinitely superior Power of Hope Kratos.

Not like that matters considering Dark Void will be easily reflected via the Golden Fleece and that's the only thing Darkrai has over Kratos.

You're aware that both Palkia and Dialga have higher dimensional existence on their profiles right? Make a CRT if you disagree.

Darkrai put Palkia to sleep in PMD:Sky with a thought.

They are also 4-D, an example is that the "physical" form of Dialga is made of time itself, or as Palkia and Dialga as their mere presence were causing the destruction of all things in the old world.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
Doesn't matter regardless considering that isn't his starting move and it will be deflected by the Golden Fleece.
Citation needed. He spammed it at the beginning of the movie as I recall.

Spammed it in order to save a bunch of uninvolved random pedestrians so they wouldn't involve themselves on what was to come. We saw what he was willing to use in an actual fight, and again, it is irrelevant because Kratos will deflect it with the Golden Fleece. It's a projectile attack, not anything based off of line of sight or the likes, or a spell that targets him.

Kratos has every advantage. Physicals make it so that he can easily incapacitate Darkrai on CQC and stab him, draining his lifeforce and strength with every hit, he can't be killed by Darkrai, and he has plethora of hax to help him kill Darkrai off. The Blade of Olympus is likely to one-shot Darkrai.

I have a gut feeling that a lot of what you're saying is wrong but I'll just wait until someone more knowledgeable than me about Pokemon says otherwise. It's been a long time sense I've seen the movie after all.

Even if you ignore everything and assume he does all of that you are saying? Still irrelevant because Kratos deflects it. Just focus on this bit if you think I'm lying about the movie or some shit.

Um, according to the profile, Darkrai scales backwards from Dialgia and Palkia. That's seems a lot higher than Kratos in tha AP department.

Darkrai scales to merging two worlds. If he scaled to Dialga and Palkia he'd be straight up 2-B instead of having the 2-C key, considering he was outright taking them on at once and taking direct attacks as well as countering their own with his own. His 2-B key is only slightly weaker than they are.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
Darkrai scales to merging two worlds. If he scaled to Dialga and Palkia he'd be straight up 2-B instead of having the 2-C key, considering he was outright taking them on at once and taking direct attacks as well as countering their own with his own. His 2-B key is only slightly weaker than they are.
There's no key separation. He's listed as 2-C, likely 2-B in the same key. And scaling backwards from people to appear in lower tiers is common.

Nope. Dialga and Palkia are on the range of hundreds of millions of universes. Scaling Darkrai backwards to 2-C based on that is completely unlikely. His only listed 2-C feat is merging two universes.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
Nope. Dialga and Palkia are on the range of hundreds of millions of universes. Scaling Darkrai backwards to 2-C based on that is completely unlikely. His only listed 2-C feat is merging two universes.
Then make a CRT, because he's listed as 2-C for that.

You make a CRT. I go by the profiles. He is listed as 2-C for merging two worlds. Even if it were true it would make his AP completely unquantifiable and thus only baseline by default. Kratos again is much stronger than Darkrai.

And Dark Void won't work even if you ignore the fact that it isn't in-character, this has been proven.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
You make a CRT. I go by the profiles. He is listed as 2-C for merging two worlds.

And Dark Void won't work even if you ignore the fact that it isn't in-character, this has been proven.
I am going by profiles. He's listed as 2-C for scaling backwards from Palkia and Dialgia, with the Pokepark thing just being a supporting feat. You make a CRT, not me.

Except it isn't as I have proven, even if it were it'd just mean Darkrai is baseline 2-C sine we have no more information on how his backwards scaling works.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. In hindsight it would be weird for us to treat him that way so I guess that makes sense. I'll switch Kratos FRA for now until someone debunks this.

If it ain't obvious I vote Kratos via being much stronger and thus easily capable of immobilizing then killing if he gets to CQC, being able to one-shot if he uses the Blade of Olympus, being completely unkillable to Darkrai due to his OP Resurrection, and having several means to kill off Darkrai, like using the Claws of Hades to soul-rip, summoning its souls to either petrify or induce madness, being able to leech Darkrai lifeforce, strength and speed with his every hit, etc.

I'm just going to point out that, besides all of the things mentioned, Dialga and Palkia in the movie had to actively use defensive barriers in order to prevent Dark Void from working on them.

Each member of the CT has their mind resistance already upscaled from 2/3 of the Lake Trio.

Darkrai's sleep inducement is indeed > their resistance or else Dialga and Palkia wouldn't have needed to use barriers to defend against Dark Void at all.

Back