• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos vs Darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Mewtwo's outdated. Replace with Darkrai. GoW3.

Shinigami: 7 (Assalt, Shadow, Zephyros, Sigurd, Sptflcrw, Everything, Wright)

Angry: 11 (Paradox, Kep, X, Acheron, Paul, Kredory, Dragon, Chosen, Milly, Hellbeast1, KLOL)

GOWIIIKratos
DarkraiPKK

Dark Void into more Dark Voids for easy incap. I don't see any Sleep manip or mind manip resistance that doesn't involve memory destruction on Kratos' profile.

Upgraded to Tier 2 and he's already losing LMFAO.

Anyway, Kratos gets sleepy FRA

Does it matter? How will his resurrection help him against incapicitation?

He has the Golden Fleece to take into account. Dark Void is supposed to be a projectile attack so it's debatable whether it won't be reflected.

Even if he does, the Golden Fleece can reflect it since it's a projectile-based attack. Has Darkrai himself ever shown to be able to resist his own hax?

Kepekley23 said:
He has the Golden Fleece to take into account. Dark Void is supposed to be a projectile attack so it's debatable whether it won't be reflected.
Not really. In the games, it's like Surf or Earthquake, it hits everyone. The move description states it drags them into a world of darkness. In Mystery Dungeon, it hits everyone in the room. In the manga, anyone around it falls asleep. Plus, in game animations have a portal open up beneath the opponents feet, which the opponent falls into, which makes them fall asleep.

Dark Void in the anime is shown to be a projectile that expands near the target to engulf them.

The game's portrayal is secondary.

Dark Void is versatile and doesn't always have to be used in projectile form, in pokémon ranger and SSB is used in the same way as in the main games.

Games Description
DPPtHGSS
PBR

The foe is dragged into a world of total darkness that puts it to sleep.
BWB2W2
XYORAS
SMUSUM
Opposing Pokémon are dragged into a world of total darkness that makes them sleep.

From what I remember the game's depiction and anime depiction are held on roughly equal grounds.

In Shadows of Almia, it's a portal beneath Darkrai iirc.

People start sinking if they step on it

Darkrai explicitly does not resist Dark Void reflected back at him, btw, as a Mime Jr. put one to sleep in a continuity that way.

Except we can't nitpick between portrayals. If you're using Darkrai's mindset from the Darkrai Movie to say he spams it, then you have to assume his Dark Void works exactly like the movie portrays, ie a projectile attack that puts foes to sleep. You can't use another version of Darkrai with a different Dark Void portrayal while simultaneously assuming his mindset will be the same as the other portrayal.

That's the movie where he spams Dark Void like crazy. The same movie portrays it as a projectile attack.

If you try to use PMD:Sky then you run into the problem of it being a different version with different mindset and DV portrayal.

SoA Darkrai used it on literally everyone, although it was also because it was bloodlusted

Don't remember much from Shadows of Almia, so won't argue that.

However if Darkrai uses projectile-based Dark Void it will be most definitely reflected back at him by the Fleece.

Assaltwaffle said:
Dark Void in the anime is shown to be a projectile that expands near the target to engulf them.
The game's portrayal is secondary.
Shouldn't it be the other way considering Game Freak makes the games but not the anime/movies, not saying Game Freak has zero control over the anime/movies, but I'm pretty sure the main games are the primary canon with the anime/movies being secondary. Also Darkrai FRA.

Does Darkrai have any weakness to light?

Ironically, GoW Helios' light has been shown to forcefully banish/hax Morpheus, who much like Darkrai is a God of Darkness, Sleep and Dreams who uses dark attacks that put people to sleep.

Necrozma is also like tier 4, while Darkrai is tier 2.

No I meant light may or may not be psychic type as Necrozma, who's essentially light-Jesus, is said type. Which dark types are immune to.

Of course, I wasn't serious, hence the lol. Darkrai has no specific weakness to light though.

Not that I know of, from what I remember Darkrai itself is never shown hampered by the light at all, even its rival and opposite Creselia has very little to do with light and more to do with a Full Moon and good dreams than light.

If there was a Light-type there would be enough "Sun"-related Pokémons to fill it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back