• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KOF Speed upgrade and further support to 7-B tiering for Mid Tiers.

Literrally frrom 0:08 to 0:09. The back ground shows part of the ocean a whole port.

Well, that is just a side-thing.

The main feat is Takuma's relativistic attack that deflected an laser-based attack just before it would struck someone on the floor, said beam shown to be able to destroy a city. (Low 7-B to 7-B).

I mean, he even had to time it so his hands would hit the bea, just on that moment.

So, it is indeed quite imperssive for a speed feat.

The beam is MHS+, not Relativistic. However, the top tiers (Anyone who scales to Kyo, basically) could get a pretty good speed feat from blocking Orochi's Blend/Rounding Reaper, assuming that it's actual light.

Reacting in time to block Orochi's Blend/Rounding Reaper might produce Relativistic results, at least in terms of reactions. The best example I could find of this is here. We see that Iori clearly starts blocking after the attack starts.

Edit: I made a GIF out of it for reference

IoriBlockingOrochi
For the sake of calcs, this GIF is at 25 FPS.

In terms of Orochi's Blend/Rounding Reaper, this fits with the criterias due it refracts into materials that light should do, it travels in straight lines and he was manifested via substances of nature.

About the player character (Iori) blocking, two things are need to be clarified. First, Iori tried to take the less damage possible, blocking is more of a game mechanic, so light isn't really tangible or is interacting physically, even in gameplay this is supported due Iori still took part of the damage. Second, Iori still reacted to the move and he took less damage as a result.

About scaling, scaling in KOF is troublesome for many reasons and it should wait, due Verse and the canonical interaction, the list of characters increase a lot more and is going to get a massive revision in a future.

The characters that would scale to this as of now would be the Three Sacred Treasures (For fighting Orochi), the Heavenly Kings and Orochi (For fighting the Three Sacred Treasures), Omega Rugal (For fighting Kyo, albeit only early on in the series), Team K' (K' scales to Kyo and his team scales to him, at the very least Kula does since she was a weapon made to kill him), most of the final and sub bosses from both the NESTS and Ash saga and finally K9999 and other Kyo and K' clones (Including Kusanagi).

These are the ones that definately scale. Scaling for anyone else can be hard to decide, espesially with the nature of fighting games.

Edit: Verse would also scale, obviously, as would anyone who directly scales to Verse.

Edit 2: I've put in a calc request.

Oh. Well to be fair almost nobody cares about this series other than the people who are already here and it'll probably be ignored.

I just seen it, it looks fine to me but I advise to put the revisions on hold for now due to the site about to be changed.

It's already on calc revisions. So that's something. Also, The King of Fighters really needs a CTR due scaling and revisions.

I agree after looking at most of the character pages but unless we can complete said revision in two weeks, we may have to wait afterwards.

Sure, I will message you when I finish the arguments. Also, the calc can be used. But thanks to Shun'ei, the scaling could also apply on the High Tiers of the verse.

I'm gonna save all discussions about Content Revision of "The King of Fighters", even the ones that can be get a rework in arguments such as "High 6-A Athena".

Back