• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito Suffers: The Light Novel - The Sword Art Online Discussion/Q&A Thread #3

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Previous thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2470128

Alicization episode 24 finished airing quite a bit ago, and because of that, here's a little summary of what happened so far to little ol' Kirito (Credit to the folks over at 4chan for this wonderful summary. Unfortunately though because of the rules I'm gonna have to censor some words):

>Someone tries to kill you and your b[]ch fiance doesn't give you her umbrella so you can dual wield

>Die

>Become a vegetable

>Get stuck in some f[]king game and no one tells you what's happening

>Consider killing yourself a viable option of leaving at one point

>Meet this wood cutting f[]ker

>Find out you feel real pain mid fight

>Nearly die trying to save wood cutting f[]ker

>Have to be kept alive by loli ghost

>Go to sword school

>it's been 2 years and you still don't have a clue what the f[]k is happening

>Tweedle dee and tweedle dum destroy MUH FLOWERS

>Stop some b[]ches from being raped and get repremanded

>Have to climb a f[]king tower

>Get BTFO of the tower and have to climb it with some b[]ch

>Turns out wood cutting f[]ker put hoes before bros and you have to fight him

>Shit happens and he is now having about half as much fun as he was a moment ago

>Finally talk to the outside

>"Oh hey Kazuto yeah we're having a situation at the moment you might become double braindead in a minute sorry"

>Becomes double braindead

What a wonderful way to end off the first half of Alicization.

I'm still keeping a segment here where I send the link to comments or sources that could help understand the episode better (Since the director really likes not adding important scenes that could get people to understand the anime better and we shouldn't blame Reki for all the crap that went wrong during the anime's production):

• Source 2 (A major cut line that would've made the ending more impactful (It's the final sentence he says before the novel ends)): https://m.imgur.com/wNSAZU6
I'm also opening this thread up as a Q&A for people who want to understand what's happening in the series a little more. It can be on Alicization, Aincrad, Sword Skills, anything really.

So yeah, just gonna fill in the gaps with some discussion and memes till the anime comes back on air.

Note: Spoiler questions and events should be marked as such.

Vol 09 - 210-211
Before their adventure started.

Vol 15 - 170-171
After their adventure ended.

Xmark12 said:
the final one lost their ability to think
Is this a jojo reference

Also we didn't even get to 400 replies SMH

Alright this is something we ended up finding on discord

AIs don't have proper fluctlights, thereby no soul

So, was discussing this on Discord.

Kirito's Alicization keys should be broken up like so:

Pre-Goblin Fight (Alicization) | Post-Goblin Fight/Human Realm Arc (Alicization) | War of Underworld Arc (Alicization) | Star King Kirito (Alicization)

This is because the current "Near the End of Alicization" key has feats from the Human Realm Arc and the "Middle of Alicization" key, which is supposed to represent the Human Realm Arc, doesn't have them.

I'm suggesting we rename the keys to this and move the Human Realm feats (High 8-C Incarnation boost primarily) to the actual Human Realm key.

Ok so I bailed on Alicization fast. I know a couple things about it but dont know enough to contribute here. I do know we need a profile for Argo in the Progressive key, I'm trying to put stuff together for that, and if that works I might try to see if I can pull together Progressive Keys for all the characters in it.

That'll be cool. Progressive characters would be nice to have.

I can help if you're stuck on any calcing stuff.

Cool, I'll send stuff to you when I have worked out all the other stuff im trying to do. Im gonna try basing it of the LN but might use the Manga just for some visual refrences.

Xmark12 said:
So, was discussing this on Discord.
Kirito's Alicization keys should be broken up like so:

Pre-Goblin Fight (Alicization) | Post-Goblin Fight/Human Realm Arc (Alicization) | War of Underworld Arc (Alicization) | Star King Kirito (Alicization)
I'm good with this.

By the way, how's Gameverse going? I heard Gameverse Kirito was pretty haxxed.

Edit: Also, Alicization Kirito can apparently stop time whenever he makes a call to the outside world. Should this be considered an actual ability?

Kuroiha said:
Edit: Also, Alicization Kirito can apparently stop time whenever he makes a call to the outside world. Should this be considered an actual ability?
No, because this can only be used via an admin console, which is technically outside help and extremely situational. Otherwise Aincrad Arc and Fairy Dance Arc Kirito would have it too, considering the former has the same console while the latter has literally admin powers.

Also yeah, MD maaaybe can be apart of Gameverse, while IF is different.

BTW. They said all the hax additions can be added to Kirito's profile. So since that's happening shouldn't Composite Link vs Kirito be redone/Removed now since the whole reason link won is because he was non coporeal?

Maybe. Kuroiha can add in the new abilities.

Also you may have noticed Human Realm Arc Kirito is 8-A with Armament Full Control Art. Well that's intentional, since his clashed with Alice's own Enhance Armament, and he's also comparable to Eugeo, so there's that.

Aite.

I wanna actually start on Asuna's Alicization key. If there's anyone who can go through scans (I can't right now since I have an AP test tomorrow), it'd be greatly appreciated.

Since testing has just finished up, I will most likely be more active around these parts nowadays.

I can do so, but it would take a while. Alicization Asuna is... complicated to say the least. She switches out of her Super Account rapidly, and her scaling is sometimes wobbly (one moment can create entire ravines and split the entire environment, the next gets harmed by a low-level elemental arrow or something like that).

I can finish Star Queen Asuna in a jiffy, though.

Alrighty, just asking so that we can use the Asuna render I had for a while now:
AsunaAlicizationRender2

Fixed the Regenerationn expanation, but gonna read more on it later. Looks good right now though.

Also, there's something that's been bugging me about the War of Underworld Arc Kirito and Star King Kirito.

Kirito absorbed resources and was "powered by the world", right? And right after we never see him lose that power (I haven't read vol. 19 and 20 though, so I may be wrong).

If he absorbed all of that power, shouldn't he keep it, making him 4-B right after doing so? I mean, it fits right in with Star King Kirito. Why would SK!Kirito lose power he already absorbed, becoming High 4-C instead?

Unless we get confirmation that "powered by the world" was only a temporary boost, I was thinking that after Kirito absorbs the stars, he keeps that power and stays 4-B, making his Star King key 4-B to 4-A instead of High 4-C to 4-A.

It would be more High 4-C to 4-B, possibly 4-A considering that 4-B is a possibility on the world key

That said if he's really permanently boosted by it I guess that works

We'll need scans for vol. 19 and 20 to make sure that he keeps his power first. It's never stated he loses his power in vol. 18, and considering how consistent he is as Star King, I'm pretty sure he retains his power after absorbing the resources in the world.

Also Asuna scales (dunno how she became Star King level, but I'm assuming it's because super accounts can grow in power preeeeetty easily).

Also I don't remember if this is confirmed in the light novel, but Kirito becomes uber powerful via Incarnation because, just like how the STL amplified Kirito's negative Incarnation (turning him into a vegetable), it also amplified his positive Incarnation, which allowed him to flash freeze 20k people where he definitely wouldn't have been able to do that before.

Alright so how good this arc comparing to the previous arc? Because god that Alfheim Online arc and the antagonist who-really-trash-af-that-guy-must-die-f***ing-trash-authormustblamedcreatingthistrashantagonist is terrible, even GGO seems make it better but not really, Mother Rosario arc i enjoy it, doesn't change my negative look on SAO.

It's "Digibro made an uninterrupted 8 minutes of footage praising an episode" and "Mom's Basement has made no videos and actually voiced his liking on Twitter" sort of good

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Alright so how good this arc comparing to the previous arc? Because god that Alfheim Online arc and the antagonist who-really-trash-af-that-guy-must-die-f***ing-trash-authormustblamedcreatingthistrashantagonist is terrible, even GGO seems make it better but not really, Mother Rosario arc i enjoy it, doesn't change my negative look on SAO.
I mean, if you never liked SAO in the first place, this arc won't change your mind, and likely not much else would change that unless you decide to consume a lot of the content.

Also the Abridged doesn't count as canon SAO content ofc. I prefer to refer that series as a separate IP entirely with different merits.

If you really want to get into SAO content I'd recommend reading the light novels here. The username is sao (lower case) and the pasword is Alicization (A is capitalized).

If you want timeline order (which I believe is the best way to read it, considering you'll get into Progressive content, which is Aincrad floor-by-floor), just PM me.

But again, if you're just wanting to casually watch SAO in anime form, you likely won't change your perception on it, considering the anime cuts out a lot of content from the light novels, such as important characterization and entire chapters (which is why the Aincrad arc is so segregated).

Xmark12 said:
I mean, if you never liked SAO in the first place, this arc won't change your mind, and likely not much else would change that unless you decide to consume a lot of the content.

Also the Abridged doesn't count as canon SAO content ofc. I prefer to refer that series as a separate IP entirely with different merits.

If you really want to get into SAO content I'd recommend reading the light novels here. The username is sao (lower case) and the pasword is Alicization (A is capitalized).

If you want timeline order (which I believe is the best way to read it, considering you'll get into Progressive content, which is Aincrad floor-by-floor), just PM me.

But again, if you're just wanting to casually watch SAO in anime form, you likely won't change your perception on it, considering the anime cuts out a lot of content from the light novels, such as important characterization and entire chapters (which is why the Aincrad arc is so segregated).
So it doesn't change anything,meh then, at least the antagonist is realy better than trashy f***er he-must-die authorshouldbeblamedcreatingthisatagonist Alfheim Online antagonist

I dunno, I myself was watching Aincrad purely to see how bad it was, only went "eh it's okay" to GGO, got more angry then I have ever been at anything as I witnessed an entire hospital give an entire family un uncurable strain of HIV and thereby AIDS

And then at the end of the day Alicization, despite a bumpy start, actually holds up really well.

Xmark12 said:
We'll need scans for vol. 19 and 20 to make sure that he keeps his power first. It's never stated he loses his power in vol. 18, and considering how consistent he is as Star King, I'm pretty sure he retains his power after absorbing the resources in the world.
Also Asuna scales (dunno how she became Star King level, but I'm assuming it's because super accounts can grow in power preeeeetty easily).
There are few fighting scenes in volume 19 and 20, because they're mainly centered off of Kirito's life in the Underworld as Representative Swordswman of the Human World Unity Council (UW's version of a World Government). The two books mainly focus on building and developing characters and their relations with others, and worldbuilding.

They lack any truly powerful feats, but show quite a lot of progress in character made by Kirito. (Ex: Kirito can now flash-freeze using the air surrounding him at cyrogenic-levels with his hand, can sense objects and humans up to 10 km away, developing his Mechadragons, destroying entire mansions with a wave of his hand, generating 10000 light elements at once, etc.)

...And it's also faintly implied Kirito had an affair.

As for volume 21, SK Kirito plays a rather large role in Unital Ring, and it's implied he'll be taking an antagonistic role soon. (Kirito vs Kirito, anyone?)

TL;DR: Volume 19-20 lacks feats and battle scans, volume 21 contains SK Kirito as a digital entity who can also live on the internet (?), and will likely become an antagonist soon.

My reaction exactly, lmao.

But then again, there's no way anybody can live 200 years with a partner peacefully without having a crack, so I guess it's normal.

On one hand that's fair

on the other hand it allows me to laugh as it tears Mark's enjoyment of ordinal scale limb from limb

well okay it more just gives a few papercuts but THOSE ARE THE PAPERCUTS OF MY VENGEANCE

I mean, it doesn't change much considering they were still together till the end and still loved eachother deeply, so...

Anyways, it looks like nothing contradicts Kirito losing power and in-fact looks like he gained some feats as well, so yeah, I agree with the 4-B Star King Kirito.

Back