• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito Suffers: The Light Novel - The Sword Art Online Discussion/Q&A Thread #3

Naofumi probably has High 7-A durability during the ST Arc for withstanding The Spirit Tortoise's strongest attacks, which were described to obliterate mountain ranges.

The Spirit Tortoise Heart Shield gives him High 7-A AP, although it's a one-time use with an extremely long cooldown, since he defeated Kyo, a being that scales immensely to The Spirit Tortoise, and was overpowering Glass, L'Arc, Therese, Raph-chan, Raphtalia, Filo, Naofumi, and Kizuna all at once.

All other characters later on and his companions should all scale since they too defeated the Spirit Tortoise.

I think Blood Sacrifice can be at least Building level via likely being stronger than Judgement. So can other Shield of Rage abilities like Iron Maiden.

What are the speed feats though?

I see. I'll change that, then.

Most of the speed ratings are from a scaling tree of characters.

First 3 Keys:

Naofumi, Raphatlia, Filo, and Raph-chan (All Sacrifice Aura) = Full Power Kyo = Awakened Rishia (Faster than Kyo) >>>>> Powered up Kyo (Described to be 3x faster than Full Power Glass) >>> Kyo (Outclassed everyone) > Yomogi (FTE to Raphtalia) > Raphtalia (Post-Vassal Weapon, FTE to Filo) => Filo (Highest Humming Fairy Form + Haikuikku, FTE to Naofumi) >> Naofumi (ST Arc, Could guard lightning-based attacks) >> Filo (Pre-Shield of the Demon Arc) FTE via Haikuikku) >>>> Naofumi (Second Wave)

Last Key:

Gaelion (Wrath Dragon) => Heavenly Emperor Arc (v13) Naofumi => S'yne >>> Full Power Sadeena >>>> Sadeena => Weakened/Debuffed Rebuilding Naofumi (Faster than Lightning, but is weaker than ST Arc Naofumi))

If you want some feats, they're mostly lightning-intercepting feats, FTE feats, FTE-scaling tree feats (X is FTE to Y), lightning dodging feats, laser/heat beam dodging feats, etc. There's a few others. I'll try to find them.

Ah. My apologies, I got a bit carried away. I'll probably just take it to the wall if I need Xmark's opinion again.

Back on track, what do you guys think UR Kirito's tier will be EoS? There's a high chance SK Kirito will be an antagonist, so...

Hell yeah!

Also what would a tier be for combining all Seed virtual worlds into one? Would that technically be infinite or would it have a certain "file size" each world?

Cause it's heavily implied that Kayaba did it along with Star King Kirito. Maybe ghost Kayaba scales to SK?

There is no such thing as infinite bytes, without lore an infinite world would be impossible

That said, aren't the virtual worlds made by the seed only around country sized anyhow? Aincrad for one is only Island level for fragging, and I'm not sure how much bigger GGO or Alfhelm are

SAO was one of a kind, so GGO and ALO are probably much smaller. So would the other virtual worlds be.

So basically it's just a Tier 6 feat

Downgrade the star king immediately

From dying to Heathcliff? I chalk it up to system failure or something. It's really a pis moment.

That, or he stabbed Heathcliff before his 10 seconds post-death finished.

The light novel and anime both depict the latter, where he just stayed alive long enough to stab Heathcliff. Him shattering and "resurrecting" in the anime was just imagery and symbolism that was a call-back to episode 1.

I don't think it's resurrection. Just keep it reality warping and put the feat where he delayed his death long enough to stab Heathcliff.

We should add the items, debuffs and buffs that xmark mentioned earlier. Also the immortality type 2

If no one is willing to do it then i can. But I'm not sure if I'm supposed add it to just SAO or ggo and ALO too.

Xmark12 said:
So extra items and positive effects to the SAO avatars (and possibly ALO?) would be:
  • Cure Status Effect Inducements (Movement Slow, Stun/Fumble/Paralysis, Curse, Dizziness, Poison, Blindness, Body Part Loss Damage, Coma, Bleeding, Panic, Stomachache, Silencing) via Antidote Crystals and potions (though potions are over-time).
  • 100% HP Heal via Healing Crystal and HP Heal over time via potions.
  • Teleportation via Teleport & Corridor Crystals.
  • Either Supernatural Luck or limited Probability Manipulation (considering SAO actually uses probability to an extent for attacking, fumble and tumble chances, drop rate, etc., it's probably probability manip.).
  • Attract Hate (Aggro. Obviously NPCs only).
  • Statistics Amplification (ATK, DEF, & Knockback Effect increase. The Chant Skill gives a bonus to defense, poison resistance, and stun resistance).
The rest of the crystals are non-combat applicable.

As for Status Effect Inducements players can deal to their enemies:

• Movement Slow (Self explanatory)
  • Stun/Fumble/Paralysis (Fumble makes enemies drop their weapons. Stun is 10 seconds. Paralysis is 10 minutes)
  • Tumble (Humanoid monsters only)
  • Aggro (NPCs only)
  • Curse (Probably a general debuff)
  • Dizziness (Self explanatory)
  • Poison (Self explanatory)
  • Blindness (Self explanatory)
  • Body Part Loss Damage (Self explanatory)
  • Coma (Basically a knockout)
  • Bleeding (Self explanatory)
  • Panic (Fear Manipulation most likely)
  • Stomachache (Self explanatory)
  • Silencing (Stops people from talking, thus stopping them from using a Crystal's voice commands)
I also recommend SAO characters to also have type 2 Immortality just like SAO Tabletop, since even if their limbs and such are completely sliced off, there will only be Body Part Loss Damage for a short period of time before it ends. Hell, even in ALO, Sugou survived being chopped in half for pretty long, and so did Death Gun. The only reason why they died was because they were already at such low HP that the Body Part Loss Damage just did its thing. Hell, that one character from SAO Alternative: GGO didn't even flinch seeing both of her legs completely severed, and was just like "meh".
Also only put it on SAO Avatars.

Done. Should I add some better explanations, or add some info on the "Notable Attacks/Techniques" or "Standard Equipment" section?

I don't know why, but I can't help but hate Alice. Even the voice of the voice actor pisses me off.I hope this character ceases to exist in the next arc, I got tired of so much repetitive. Novel has already reached a good level of strength, could explore the characters in the real world for now, but already comes the thing of merging worlds and so on.

Kind of odd to complain about Alice but alright. You're not getting your wish though, Alice seems to be an existence still present during Accel World

Alicization War of the Underworld is coming out in 3 days, if my information is correct. This thread might be getting lively soon.

It's on the 12th

Which is in 4 days on the west coast

Back