• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SAO Upgrades, New Stats and an Incarnation Rework

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Alright so the verse is going to have it's first Aincrad revision in a while as well as some other stuff that should be relatively non-controversial (shocker)

So first things first High 8-C is going away. DMUA has calc'd the actual kinetic energy and size for the Geocrawler and it is certainly not High 8-C, so Floors 50-75 are getting a downgrade to a different feat which is Kirito surviving getting slammed into a cliffside which scales to Eugene. It got Building Level+ so going forward Aincrad Characters Floor 50-75 and ALO characters will be 8-C+.

Next things next, new ability additions, specifically in the form of Sword Skills granting debuffs and buffs and other status effects upon using them. This is confirmed by Gameverse and the source material but the sheer amount of stuff it can inflict will probably have to be properly and neatly listed so we can add the abilities (or we could just list them as status effect inducement at a greater level)

Alright and finally, changing Incarnation from Reality Warping to Subjective Reality. Me and DMUA talked about this and came to the consensus that due to the nature of Incarnation it's more akin to Subjective Reality than it is Reality Warping.
TL;DR for anyone who doesn't know how Incarnation works you basically turn your thoughts and imagination into reality and can shape events around you and cause improbable things to happen or even raise the odds of you winning something. DMUA can probably explain it better on why it should be SR but that's pretty much it.
Anyways that's all for the CRT. Enjoy your day.

Next things next, new ability additions, specifically in the form of Sword Skills granting debuffs and buffs and other status effects upon using them. This is confirmed by Gameverse and the source material but the sheer amount of stuff it can inflict will probably have to be properly and neatly listed so we can add the abilities (or we could just list them as status effect inducement at a greater level)
This seems a bit undercooked for a CRT OP, if you're going to go as far to make a thread you should make it clear what exactly is being added beyond just "status effects happen"
So first things first High 8-C is going away. DMUA has calc'd the actual kinetic energy and size for the Geocrawler and it is certainly not High 8-C, so Floors 50-75 are getting a downgrade to a different feat which is Kirito surviving getting slammed into a cliffside which scales to Eugene. It got Building Level+ so going forward Aincrad Characters Floor 50-75 and ALO characters will be 8-C+.
This too probably needs a few more details, I know New Aincrad is a thing that would provide a really easy jumping off point but I don't remember how far up ALO goes up the tower in stuff like Mother's Rosario and whathave you
Alright and finally, changing Incarnation from Reality Warping to Subjective Reality. Me and DMUA talked about this and came to the consensus that due to the nature of Incarnation it's more akin to Subjective Reality than it is Reality Warping.
Yeah that's just kinda swapping the ability to be more accurate so it's whatever

This seems a bit undercooked for a CRT OP, if you're going to go as far to make a thread you should make it clear what exactly is being added beyond just "status effects happen"
Sadly I'm pretty busy and tired and I jsut wanted to get this out of the way, my apologies, I'll try and edit it with something more thorough later.

Got no issues, as long as this fits your terminologies. Not my forte.

This is confirmed by Gameverse and the source material
Throw Gameverse to the bin on this front, unless you are doing separate Gameverse keys. SAO GV is not canon and is known to do whatever it wants to do.
it's more akin to Subjective Reality than it is Reality Warping.
Had a quick look into the term. Would I be correct in assuming for this to work, you interpret Underworld as a "non-reality" environment? This was the description for Subjective Reality on VSBW: "It allows the user to induce reality to what is fiction, fantasy or imaginary, bringing them into existence, as well as turning facts, entities and events into unreality, vanishing them as if they were a mere dream or illusion."

Again, terms are not my forte, just asking out of curiosity.

Had a quick look into the term. Would I be correct in assuming for this to work, you interpret Underworld as a "non-reality" environment? This was the description for Subjective Reality on VSBW: "It allows the user to induce reality to what is fiction, fantasy or imaginary, bringing them into existence, as well as turning facts, entities and events into unreality, vanishing them as if they were a mere dream or illusion."
It's more that with the underworld as their current reality, they can manifest effects from their own perceptions. One of the examples for the power is something like Gremmy from Bleach, who can just make whatever he can think of become reality. In the same vein, Incarnation allows a user to cause phenomenon via their willpower, altering the world around them as a result

I agree with all of this except for adding Gameverse effects to Sword Skills. You could poooossibly scale SAO Floors 50-75 with ALO, since iirc ALO still doesn't have levels once New Aincrad was introduced, so they should still be constantly the same "level" as Kirito was when his SAO stats were imported into ALO. Thus, Floors 50-75 could also be 8-C+ in addition to ALO.

I probably should have clarified that status effects where for Gameverse only my b.

I think it's okay to scale Floors 50-75 Kirito to 8-C+ calc because Eugene didn't get his data reset and would most likely STILL not be able to solo say the Floor 1 bosses of new aincrad meaning it should be fine for leafa and other characters to scale.

Imma try applying this stuff but I'd also like to finish my Incarnation P&A page at some point

Back