• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby General Discussion Thread (fun edition)

Damn though the new game is awesome. Lacks some feats but its still awesome looking. Sadly i ain't buying it cause i feel like 60 bucks for a game that's shorter and somewhat inferior to Mario Odyssey is just a bit too much.
Anyways, ability-wise Efi already has things down for kirby.
Kirby gaining his Mouthful powers is similar to the assimilation and body changing powers the final boss has
I will say though, i feel like Mouthful mode may have some form of Technology Manipulation since kirby can drive around cars, ride carts and scissor lifts by having them in his mouth.

np1jqrer3jp81.png

Watched a playthrough of Forgotten Land, I liked the bit where Kirby struggled to hold an elevator door open

Jokes aside, seems like a good game, glad HAL's on the right track after Star Allies. Might pick it up.

I am gonna wait for the next game. I want a 3D kirby game that is actually long. I'm probably getting Legends Arceus later once my Switch is fixed up but KFL is just too small for me. Like even completionist hours is only like 20 hours. I don't feel like it's worth the price.
I do think that HAL has potential to make an even superior game judging by the quality of graphics and shaders in the game as well as in game mechanics.

Watched a playthrough of Forgotten Land, I liked the bit where Kirby struggled to hold an elevator door open

Jokes aside, seems like a good game, glad HAL's on the right track after Star Allies. Might pick it up.
I also loved the part where Kirby got smacked by debris trying to flee the portals. This was already in the demo it's barely a spoiler

I mean, game looks pretty when you're going left to right, it's got some draw distance issues but it is on the Switch.

But honestly I'm just glad they're making actually semi-original games, after four that were basically the exact same. KPR still a banger tho

For anyone with the game, if they can take footage of it then that would be great for evidence, I don't think I will get in youtube all the dialogues they are in the Waddle Dee town. I speculate that Dedede might comment on how he tried to resist Forgo's mind control, hence they needed a mask to further amp that, as collectibles state and as MK resisted that by willpower alone. Clawronile is also stated to only talk in meows yet she probably talks in a way Kirby can understand and Waddle Dees seem to be retconned to only say Wa, so ig eveyone talks their own way and they understand each other anyway.

Meta knight got some respect this time around. Got into the dimension first, started saving waddle dees by himself and went through 3-4 worlds, returned to defend the waddle dee town by himself. What a chad.

Also, considering this mind hax can control Dedede, this means that it's layered since Dedede could eventually resist the prescense of the mind controlling jamba hearts and still got Forgo'd. So MK gets the same type of resistance as kirby

Well, it has some plot holes and questionable decisions, but they don't stop the game from being excellent. The post game at best gives a 4-B feat, if the last tournament isn't in a dream, the realm was created by the final boss and there is a sun there.

I mean whether they like it or not Kirby still has clear elements of a timeline.
Everything happens before Star Allies as its kinda like the Avengers of the verse.
The dark matter trilogy has a clear start and end with Dreamland 2 to Crystal shards.
Dreamland/Spring Breeze is the very beginning point with Super star happening after that.
Superstar clearly happens after a good chunk of games cause of Masked Dedede.
Squeak squad comes after Super star due to Halberd and Amazing Mirror comes after that too.
3Deluxe happens after Amazing Mirror.

Rainbow course should come before the later game with the same mechanic whose name i forgot.

So the ones left unclear are Return to Dreamland which we know is 100% after Super Star and before Star allies. Planet Robobot is also after Super star and before star allies. It's also probably after Squeak squad.
So yeah basically even if we completely ignore the current timeline of games we can still draw clear lines.

I think the idea, by reading the article, is that there is a continuity, just a very vague one.
I mean they do have all the what-if scenarios and there's also the whole Super Kirby Clash storyline which idk where to place so we made it another profile. It can get vague, however the main continuity has not contradicted itself before except for remakes of a game and stuff (dreamland > spring breeze > super star ultra)

Back