• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby characters scaling

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Don't worry. This isn't changing anything. Well, other than Star Dream... This is just a guideline for characters to be scaled to. This is not barring any characters.

Fodder: scales to Helpers. They had their sub-game in Helper to Hero, where their final boss was diamond hands. They scale to 8-C to high 8-C due to my calc of it.

Uncommon Fodder/Mid-Bosses: Scales to Knuckle Joe, who was in the Megaton Punch mini game. He put a really big crack in the giant planet Pop Star. The midboss Iron Ma'am was even stronger, putting an even larger crack. The Animal Friends from Kirby's Dream Land 1 and 2 should fit into this category too. This would be an at least 5-B tiering, as this was a casual sport event. Also, this would go for Sword and Blade Knight, and the Meta-Knights too, due to their affiliation with Meta Knight. They should also be FTL due to Kirby's old feat putting him there.

Final Bosses/Main Characters/Sidekicks: 4-A from scaling to Kirby and Dark Nebula. Also would be MFTL+

This scaling seems to make sense to me. Perhaps you should list off examples of characters that are "Fodder" and "Mid Bosses" to help people get a better guage at what you are proposing.

Fodder: Waddle Dee. Chilly. Flaming Leo. Plasma Wisp, Gim, Rocky

Mid Bosses/Uncommon enemies: Knuckle Joe, Bio Spark, Buggzy, Bonkers, Iron Ma'am, Mr. Frosty. Also, this would encompass throughout game bosses like Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, except Kracko, who keeps his planet+ rating.

The real cal howard said:
Fodder: Waddle Dee. Chilly. Flaming Leo. Plasma Wisp, Gim, Rocky

Mid Bosses/Uncommon enemies: Knuckle Joe, Bio Spark, Buggzy, Bonkers, Iron Ma'am, Mr. Frosty. Also, this would encompass throughout game bosses like Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, except Kracko, who keeps his planet+ rating.
I was about to bring that up but good thing you did. Anyway, yeah i can get behind this.

How would we scale Wham Bam Rock, who was canonly defeated by/held his own against both fodder like Plasma Wisp and 5-Bs like Knuckle Joe, Bio Spark, Buggzy, etc.?

Rock would be 5-B, due to being a boss for Kirby first.

EDIT: Actually, he's a special case. He'd be at most 8-C to high 8-C due to being canonically weaker than Jewel

Well tbh making Rock/Jewel 5-B, yet making all the fodder 8-C via beating him seems pretty wonky in my opinion.

As a matter of fact, all bosses in Kirb Super Star who's name isn't Dyna Blade, Kracko, Heavy Lobster, King Dedede, Galacta Knight, NOVA, or Marx should be at that level.

So the Wham Bams being able to fight Knuckle Joe, Bio Shock, Buggzy, etc. will be viewed as an inconsistency and he is instead scaled to fodder?

One thing that I'm not sure about. Dyna Blade would get the full speed of the main characters. I just don't know whether she should be 5-B, 4-A, or 5-B with 4-A durability due to not dying from the Halberd?

I can agree with the proposition, seeing as the bosses scaling makes sense as they have fought Kirby, and the fodder tier makes sense. I can get behind this

I agree with the suggested changes

As for the Dyna Blade, maybe 5-B with 4-A dura? That or the Halberd feat is seen as an inconsistency.

I also think that this seems to make sense.

Knuckle Joe is able to fight Masher 2.0 in the anime after a power-up from the bracelet Dedede built and the amulet Joe's father gave him. Kirby couldn't make a dent in the thing, and regular Masher was able to beat Meta Knight. Might be room for scaling there, even if it's just specifically to anime Kirby and Meta Knight.

Here's the episode . Knuckle Joe says that the power the bracelet gave him is now inside of him, which might mean that he's still just as powerful as he was in that moment, even though the amulet shattered. It's worth noting that Masher 2.0 has yet to appear in the games, and so Kirby has still not defeated him.

Back