• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Minder of the Conceptual CRTs

We don’t have Essence Manipulation, mainly because its explanation is literally just Conceptual Manipulation.
Essence Manipulation is not Concept Manipulation. The essence is the vitality of living things and is distinctly different from concepts. It would just be Information Manipulation instead then. This would be given since the heart is usually treated as the most important.

Should also be noted cause I saw a thread on the aspect of certain essences being concepts that KH wouldn't meet those standards, Sora was capable of time traveling back to before Kairi was shattered which if she was conceptually shattered she'd be erased on a scale where she isn't even remembered nor ever existed and I feel like even if we apply the essence manip to Xehanort it'd be limited to an in-verse ability as other verses don't have a "heart" in KH's context, the same way that people and things are built up and made (obviously the verses that do Xehanort and co. can affect), and from what I remember verse equalization doesn't give people that. Also from what I understand in that thread, for the standards to be met the essence needs to be on consistent higher layers which is not how KH treats it's essence.

Should also be noted cause I saw a thread on the aspect of certain essences being concepts that KH wouldn't meet those standards, Sora was capable of time traveling back to before Kairi was shattered which if she was conceptually shattered she'd be erased on a scale where she isn't even remembered nor ever existed and I feel like even if we apply the essence manip to Xehanort it'd be limited to an in-verse ability as other verses don't have a "heart" in KH's context, the same way that people and things are built up and made (obviously the verses that do Xehanort and co. can affect), and from what I remember verse equalization doesn't give people that. Also from what I understand in that thread, for the standards to be met the essence needs to be on consistent higher layers which is not how KH treats it's essence.
Other verses do have things like emotions and one's self so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a heart. It's not like as if hearts come with abilities that characters from other verses could actually make use of. Could you explain that? I'd also like to know what verses you are referring to if hearts apparently don't exist outside of the Kingdom Hearts verse. Also, do concepts always affect memories and the past?

Other verses do have things like emotions and one's self so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a heart. It's not like as if hearts come with abilities that characters from other verses could actually make use of. Could you explain that? I'd also like to know what verses you are referring to if hearts apparently don't exist outside of the Kingdom Hearts verse. Also, do concepts always affect memories and the past?
I'm talking in the sense of how it functions in KH.

Verses that function under the same system that KH does. I don't have any off the top of my head but KH isn't the only verse in the world with a system like that.

Yes, that's literally the concept of you and everything related to you.

The irony that in the months it was legit it technically even wasn't legit since it came from a thread where no agreement was made on conceptual hax.

Sorry for being so late, I can finally try out the discussion, even if at least by replying once, better late than never after all.

Regarding NEP being "fake", Yen Sid does say to Sora, Donald and Goofy what a Nobody is including that feature of them not being "existent", and the in-game journals in KH3D and KHIII support this being a legitimate part of the lore on the series. Nobodies can (re)grow their own Heart eventually, so they eventually lose that physiology, rather than the whole thing being made-up in-verse.

Nobodies aren't beings of darkness, they explicitly lack that, plus see above, there's plenty of Dream Eaters that use "light" magic such as Sparkga and they are actually dark-based beings, so this correlation is pure headcanon currently on this regard.

Considering what Ansem the Wise brought up, Hearts being only on living beings is a possibility, but then it's stated that you only need to "see" it for it to have a Heart, which is how even Baymax is confirmed to have one. There's also the undead in Halloween Town having a Heart and so on.

A Heart being related to "life-force" is unfounded from a glance, so I would like some more details on that regard., even if plausible.

I would like if you could explain how exactly the Xehanort thing is a huge stretch. All of Kairi disappeared, and the Heart was scattered in (abstract?) pieces for Sora to collect during Re:Mind. I'm somewhat neutral on if a "Heart" is actually something abstract or just a fancy variant of a soul on practice, but I would like to get somewhere.

Lol no, tier 1 KH based on that would be ridiculous, I mainly kept that part from your contribution to this IIRC, but in any case thanks for pointing the "higher-dimensional" clash things that were mentioned, and yes, it doesn't support the abstract stuff and would at most just be complementary on an extent of where it could go if it was from the other proof, respectively.

I'm fine with the Law Manip Resistance removal, there's also how Goofy points out that the Nobody simply didn't curse them in particular for some reason. However, the curse resistance would remain from the medallion obtained in Herc's world on KHII.

Ansem's statements should be taken with a grain of salt, it should go more on a case by case depending on where he says it. He's the same guy that said that data can't contain Hearts, which is the entire plot of Coded, but on the other hand he has given hints to Ienzo to follow on the Heart research and get somewhere as said in KH3D and KHIII.

Nobodies need to have an "strong will" to be able to even be born from the remains of a being that got its Heart removed, otherwise they aren't even born and just remain in "absolute nothingness" or so. That's why it's stated that Heartless are more common than Nobodies.

Okay, that's all I have to say for now from a glance, sorry if I went rushed or didn't include quotes as to what exactly I'm replying to, but the stuff brought up above should help getting somewhere in a reasonable way.

"Ansem's statements should be taken with a grain of salt, it should go more on a case by case depending on where he says it. He's the same guy that said that data can't contain Hearts, which is the entire plot of Coded, but on the other hand he has given hints to Ienzo to follow on the Heart research and get somewhere as said in KH3D and KHIII."

Bobsican, hearts not being containable by data is the reason why Ansem's decoder exploded and I'm pretty sure that King Mickey considered Data-Sora to be someone who surpassed the system through being a being made of data but having a heart anyways.

Well, it still was able to contain some of them, it just got overloaded, as seen with how when it explodes a lot of Hearts come out in the process, he must just have exaggerated on that statement. and regarding Coded, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent and Pete got dragged into data.

Well, it still was able to contain some of them, it just got overloaded, as seen with how when it explodes a lot of Hearts come out in the process, he must just have exaggerated on that statement. and regarding Coded, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Maleficent and Pete got dragged into data.
The hearts fell from the sky where the artificial Kingdom Hearts was. All the machine did was damage said Kingdom Hearts. Also, digitizing people is not the same as digitizing hearts. Ansem already had technology that could digitize people and Mickey wouldn't have mentioned Data-Sora surpassing the system if hearts not being containable by data was an exaggeration. That statement being an exaggeration would also cause this statement from Data-Riku not to make any sense.

Mmm... I guess it's somewhat dubious in that case, Riku does go back from looking like (Dark) Ansem to normality and the machine was able to interact with it, regarding Coded, the Heart of guys such as Mickey didn't just stay in the main World, it seems to have gone with him, and the same applies to the others that got into the Datascape, however, I don't know what to say about the Data-Riku statement, maybe Hearts just don't work like this?

Mmm... I guess it's somewhat dubious in that case, Riku does go back from looking like (Dark) Ansem to normality and the machine was able to interact with it, regarding Coded, the Heart of guys such as Mickey didn't just stay in the main World, it seems to have gone with him, and the same applies to the others that got into the Datascape, however, I don't know what to say about the Data-Riku statement, maybe Hearts just don't work like this?
Riku's appearance changing back was part of the "anything could happen"-part of the machine exploding and doesn't really have much to do with containing hearts other than it being an effect from a machine supposed to do that. The statement was about containing hearts in data, that being impossible doesn't mean that it is impossible for the machine to interact with Kingdom Hearts and try to contain it. As for the people that went into the Datascape, my interpretation is that their bodies got digitized which doesn't necessarily affect immaterial things like the soul or the heart.

Mmm... the soul and the Heart would still have to be somewhere, and there's no implications that they weren't in there. Which reminds me, Roxas was contained as data in KHII, and I think being able to preserve a Heart from data was something that was brought up in KHIII.

Mmm... the soul and the Heart would still have to be somewhere, and there's no implications that they weren't in there. Which reminds me, Roxas was contained as data in KHII, and I think being able to preserve a Heart from data was something that was brought up in KHIII.
Well, it's not like as if the soul and the heart consist out of physical matter while someone isn't digitized so I don't see why someone being converted into data would mean that their soul and heart is getting converted into data as well. Roxas having been in the data duplicate of Twillight Town doesn't really add anything new to the topic since Space Paranoids and the Datascape were already brought up. Roxas' data from said data duplicate of Twillight Town was used by Zexion to decipher Ansem's code more quickly.

"Regarding NEP being "fake", Yen Sid does say to Sora, Donald and Goofy what a Nobody is including that feature of them not being "existent", and the in-game journals in KH3D and KHIII support this being a legitimate part of the lore on the series. Nobodies can (re)grow their own Heart eventually, so they eventually lose that physiology, rather than the whole thing being made-up in-verse."
>The scene you linked was Ansem explaining how hearts are formed in general and how Nobodies aren't different from that, same way how data AI Sora quickly grew a heart, so he just basically deconfirmed the concept of nobodies being non-existent or not having hearts so anything regarding non-existent physiology should either be removed or should be noted to happen for at the most, a couple of seconds before it's immediately gone which would scale to no one in series and would remove any NEP negating abilities the KH cast had.

"Nobodies aren't beings of darkness, they explicitly lack that, plus see above, there's plenty of Dream Eaters that use "light" magic such as Sparkga and they are actually dark-based beings, so this correlation is pure headcanon currently on this regard."
>Except it's not pure headcanon, they are literally consistently shown to use dark powers and their death itself is them fading with darkness around them, not to mention the link of the very person you gave that stated they lacked it is the very person that lied to everyone in the first place. His statement is greatly contradicted by the showings, when are dream eaters ever stated to lack light?

"Considering what Ansem the Wise brought up, Hearts being only on living beings is a possibility, but then it's stated that you only need to "see" it for it to have a Heart, which is how even Baymax is confirmed to have one. There's also the undead in Halloween Town having a Heart and so on."
>It is only on living beings since to even have a heart you're defined as 'alive' as shown by your sources, the entire thing of an undead being is one brought back from death, so they're alive.

"A Heart being related to "life-force" is unfounded from a glance, so I would like some more details on that regard., even if plausible."
>This already got discussed and it was agreed it's essence/emotion, not enough for conceptual.

"I would like if you could explain how exactly the Xehanort thing is a huge stretch. All of Kairi disappeared, and the Heart was scattered in (abstract?) pieces for Sora to collect during Re:Mind. I'm somewhat neutral on if a "Heart" is actually something abstract or just a fancy variant of a soul on practice, but I would like to get somewhere."
>Because if she truly was scattered conceptually into pieces she'd not be remembered, wouldn't exist in the past, etc. She'd be conceptually gone from existence.

"Lol no, tier 1 KH based on that would be ridiculous, I mainly kept that part from your contribution to this IIRC, but in any case thanks for pointing the "higher-dimensional" clash things that were mentioned, and yes, it doesn't support the abstract stuff and would at most just be complementary on an extent of where it could go if it was from the other proof, respectively."
>No one here said tier 1 KH, a high dimensional clash even if it actually meant higher dimensional wouldn't even be tier 1.

"Nobodies need to have an "strong will" to be able to even be born from the remains of a being that got its Heart removed, otherwise they aren't even born and just remain in "absolute nothingness" or so. That's why it's stated that Heartless are more common than Nobodies."
>Further supporting the position that any nobodies with bodies aren't actually nonexistent and have physical presences.

From what I see the OP himself is neutral now on hearts being conceptual so I don't even know if this thread even has any support by this point.

Actually doubling down on the dream eater point, I decided to see if anything really states they lack light, and nothing does, so I'm assuming you're arguing cause they are in some way connected to darkness or something? Which in that case is irrelevant, it's already a known concept that light can exist within darkness in KH
"Look for the light in the darkness."—Chirithy gives a hint to Sora on how to save his friends.
"That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!" ~Sora's relevation to Ansem

So I don't see at all how the dream eater point helps support your point on the nobodies lacking darkness.

""Nobodies aren't beings of darkness, they explicitly lack that, plus see above, there's plenty of Dream Eaters that use "light" magic such as Sparkga and they are actually dark-based beings, so this correlation is pure headcanon currently on this regard."
>Except it's not pure headcanon, they are literally consistently shown to use dark powers and their death itself is them fading with darkness around them, not to mention the link of the very person you gave that stated they lacked it is the very person that lied to everyone in the first place. His statement is greatly contradicted by the showings, when are dream eaters ever stated to lack light?"

What sort of motive would Xemnas have to lie about Nobodies being turned away by light and darkness? What was important to his plans was the notion of Nobodies lacking hearts and not them lacking light and darkness, so why should we assume that he is lying about the relationship between the Nobodies on the one side and light and darkness on the other side? Considering that the statement was made close to the end of KHII where the cast should have seen plenty Darkness Manipulation and fading into darkness from the Nobodies and nobody is calling him out for lying about Nobodies belonging to neither light nor darkness I'm pretty sure that he isn't talking about their powers or the manner they die.

I'm pretty sure that not all Nobodies are shown to have darkness-related powers (outside of the Corridors of Darkness if you count them) and having them shouldn't automatically make one a being of darkness. Roxas and Xion have light powers which shouldn't make them beings of light and there is actually a variant of Heartless using light powers.

""Considering what Ansem the Wise brought up, Hearts being only on living beings is a possibility, but then it's stated that you only need to "see" it for it to have a Heart, which is how even Baymax is confirmed to have one. There's also the undead in Halloween Town having a Heart and so on."
>It is only on living beings since to even have a heart you're defined as 'alive' as shown by your sources, the entire thing of an undead being is one brought back from death, so they're alive."

How do we define living beings in this case? Data-Sora is technically a bunch of data, Baymax is a robot and worlds having hearts is a significant plot point, so we are definitely not talking about beings that are alive in the biological sense.

Last edited:
"What sort of motive would Xemnas have to lie about Nobodies being turned away by light and darkness? What was important to his plans was the notion of Nobodies lacking hearts and not them lacking light and darkness, so why should we assume that he is lying about the relationship between the Nobodies on the one side and light and darkness on the other side? Considering that the statement was made close to the end of KHII where the cast should have seen plenty Darkness Manipulation and fading into darkness from the Nobodies and nobody is calling him out for lying about Nobodies belonging to neither light nor darkness I'm pretty sure that he isn't talking about their powers or the manner they die."
>To gain false sympathy from keyblade wielders, which is basically what he was trying to do in that scene, obviously that failed cause Sora and them were told they don't have emotions. Also I don't know why I need to explain this but when you lie about one part of your system and want to make the lie seem legit you obviously make up other shit, in Xehanort's mind "Hm how do I further prove we don't exist to these people so they don't start asking questions, ah I know, I'll note we lack the two concepts that make up all of reality". Further establishes his non-existence to them and gives them false sympathy for a moment while he's almost done with his artificial KH. Nobody called him out for lying about nobodies not existing either, until dream drop distance, so this is a moot point.

"I'm pretty sure that not all Nobodies are shown to have darkness-related powers (outside of the Corridors of Darkness if you count them) and having them shouldn't automatically make one a being of darkness. Roxas and Xion have light powers which shouldn't make them beings of light and there is actually a variant of Heartless using light powers."
>Literally all of them can open up portals of darkness to travel through and when they die they fade into darkness. I literally already brought up the light powers point, it's an established thing in KH that light can exist within darkness, my point is that they clearly do not lack darkness nor light if they can actively use the and their death causes them to fade.

"How do we define living beings in this case? Data-Sora is technically a bunch of data, Baymax is a robot and worlds having hearts is a significant plot point, so we are definitely not talking about beings that are alive in the biological sense."
>We define being alive by having a heart, as Nomura directly said anything with a heart is alive. Woody's a toy yet he's a living breathing thing due to having a heart, the worlds are treated as alive to an extent.

"What sort of motive would Xemnas have to lie about Nobodies being turned away by light and darkness? What was important to his plans was the notion of Nobodies lacking hearts and not them lacking light and darkness, so why should we assume that he is lying about the relationship between the Nobodies on the one side and light and darkness on the other side? Considering that the statement was made close to the end of KHII where the cast should have seen plenty Darkness Manipulation and fading into darkness from the Nobodies and nobody is calling him out for lying about Nobodies belonging to neither light nor darkness I'm pretty sure that he isn't talking about their powers or the manner they die."
>To gain false sympathy from keyblade wielders, which is basically what he was trying to do in that scene, obviously that failed cause Sora and them were told they don't have emotions. Also I don't know why I need to explain this but when you lie about one part of your system and want to make the lie seem legit you obviously make up other shit, in Xehanort's mind "Hm how do I further prove we don't exist to these people so they don't start asking questions, ah I know, I'll note we lack the two concepts that make up all of reality". Further establishes his non-existence to them and gives them false sympathy for a moment while he's almost done with his artificial KH. Nobody called him out for lying about nobodies not existing either, until dream drop distance, so this is a moot point.

"I'm pretty sure that not all Nobodies are shown to have darkness-related powers (outside of the Corridors of Darkness if you count them) and having them shouldn't automatically make one a being of darkness. Roxas and Xion have light powers which shouldn't make them beings of light and there is actually a variant of Heartless using light powers."
>Literally all of them can open up portals of darkness to travel through and when they die they fade into darkness. I literally already brought up the light powers point, it's an established thing in KH that light can exist within darkness, my point is that they clearly do not lack darkness nor light if they can actively use the and their death causes them to fade.

"How do we define living beings in this case? Data-Sora is technically a bunch of data, Baymax is a robot and worlds having hearts is a significant plot point, so we are definitely not talking about beings that are alive in the biological sense."
>We define being alive by having a heart, as Nomura directly said anything with a heart is alive. Woody's a toy yet he's a living breathing thing due to having a heart, the worlds are treated as alive to an extent.
I get the false sympathy part but for that the need to finally feel something again would have been enough already, so lying about how Nobodies are in regards to light and darkness is superfluous. One thing about lying is that you are less likely to be caught lying if your lies are close to what is actually the case which is why you shouldn't lie more than you need to which is something that Xemnas as someone who managed to keep up the charade for a decade and convinced his fellow students to participate in his experiments of the heart should know. The memory of having lost your heart is already convincing enough to make one believe that they lack it, so making something up out of nowhere to support that notion is unneeded unless something happened that made that memory and experience insufficient as evidence and even then Xemnas would have needed to somehow convince them about them lacking light and darkness somehow, they would have all wanted to know how he would know that especially since they all used to regularly conduct experiments of the heart.

Actually, he was specifically called out for claiming that the Nobodies had no hearts (while this also means non-existence specifically referring to hearts has a completely different focus) but this isn't too important. The comparison doesn't really work well since the evidence for them having hearts is comparatively subtle when compared to the pretty blatant use of the Corridors of Darkness and them fading into darkness upon dying. Having darkness-related powers is not the same as being a being of darkness. If that wasn't the case, then pretty much everyone would have figured it out the moment they realised that pretty much every Nobody can use the Corridors of Darkness. DiZ would have known given the way he acquired his ability to use the Corridors and his frequent usage of it. Mickey and Riku would have found out during the year Sora was sleeping in a pod to restore his memories since they had to deal with the Organization. The Organization itself would have known since they are the ones who are using the Corridors in the first place which would make Xemnas' supposed lie an incredibly bad one.

If having a heart, is the definition of alive for this topic, then the reasoning of only living beings having a heart doesn't really limit the range of beings and things that have a heart since having a heart automatically makes one a living being in that sense. How would you even conclude whether or not something has a heart with that sort of definition? Data-Sora, Baymax and the worlds already make clear that we can't limit having hearts to biological lifeforms. Data, machines and locations can have hearts and therefore be alive by definition. With that sort of definition we wouldn't even be able to tell whether or not my table has a heart and is therefore a living being, so how do we know through that definition that not everything has a heart?

Last edited:
Gonna summarise cause you went unnecessarily long and gish galloped into my short and concise replies, do not do that in the future.

Have both of the concepts that make up the world "shun" you is pretty relevant to his case of nobodies and would insight sympathy if his emotions weren't fake. Also "you shouldn't lie more than you need to" is true but in this case there's nothing harming him from lying about this here, it gains extra sympathy for a brief moment and makes the keyblade wielders question themselves until they just call him out on lacking emotions. All this shows is further proof on the case, you're attempting to look too deep into what Xemnas said, it's meant to further reinforce his case, and doesn't hurt him in the long run (as shown by the games themselves, also no he wouldn't need to convince them, where did he need to convince them he didn't exist or that he didn't have a heart? They just blindly accepted it.

Yes it's not important since it's the same exact case as what I said, all you did was just literalize my paraphrase. It's not really that subtle, it was Sora just having a quick realization that nobodies this entire time weren't faking their emotions like he was told, also no the comparison does work, over explaining why the heart thing works doesn't suddenly debunk the darkness thing. Having darkness related powers and literally fading into darkness contributes you as a being of darkness, they objectively do not lack it as shown by their constant usages of both elements. Also the "they would have found out" is not an argument, they should've also clearly found out that nobodies had hearts wit how easy Sora can tell a person has a heart. Character CIS does not suddenly prove lore.

How would you conclude? The game will explicitly tell you "this has a heart" KH is not that deep, they give away who has a heart and who doesn't rather easily. Your table is not in Kingdom Hearts Nehz, nor do we follow Kingdom Hearts system. Also yes all those things are alive by definition, I don't know what you're arguing here, anything with a heart is alive.

Also here are a bunch of moments in KH the cast "should have found out"
Mickey should've known who Kairi was since he met her in the past:

Yet he didn't even notice Kairi was that girl:

Despite them having the exact same features.

Aqua should've found out something was up with Ven, yet she didn't and Mickey had to save her:

There's other moments but these are just examples, characters are not ace detective sherlock level people, they miss obvious clues because their boss told them.

Gonna summarise cause you went unnecessarily long and gish galloped into my short and concise replies, do not do that in the future.

Have both of the concepts that make up the world "shun" you is pretty relevant to his case of nobodies and would insight sympathy if his emotions weren't fake. Also "you shouldn't lie more than you need to" is true but in this case there's nothing harming him from lying about this here, it gains extra sympathy for a brief moment and makes the keyblade wielders question themselves until they just call him out on lacking emotions. All this shows is further proof on the case, you're attempting to look too deep into what Xemnas said, it's meant to further reinforce his case, and doesn't hurt him in the long run (as shown by the games themselves, also no he wouldn't need to convince them, where did he need to convince them he didn't exist or that he didn't have a heart? They just blindly accepted it.

Yes it's not important since it's the same exact case as what I said, all you did was just literalize my paraphrase. It's not really that subtle, it was Sora just having a quick realization that nobodies this entire time weren't faking their emotions like he was told, also no the comparison does work, over explaining why the heart thing works doesn't suddenly debunk the darkness thing. Having darkness related powers and literally fading into darkness contributes you as a being of darkness, they objectively do not lack it as shown by their constant usages of both elements. Also the "they would have found out" is not an argument, they should've also clearly found out that nobodies had hearts wit how easy Sora can tell a person has a heart. Character CIS does not suddenly prove lore.

How would you conclude? The game will explicitly tell you "this has a heart" KH is not that deep, they give away who has a heart and who doesn't rather easily. Your table is not in Kingdom Hearts Nehz, nor do we follow Kingdom Hearts system. Also yes all those things are alive by definition, I don't know what you're arguing here, anything with a heart is alive.
If my comments are long, then this is because of a lot of things coming to mind for me that I want to say. Am I not allowed to do that? I don't think that I've organized my comment in a way that is confusing or hard to read but excuse me if that is the case anyway. Based on what you said earlier in the thread about strawmanning I'm gonna assume that you aren't actually accusing me of gish galloping, at least not gish galloping as it is described on Wikipedia (I had to look it up since I never have heard of gish galloping). That being said you've got a poor choice of words if you don't want to come across as accusing.

The idea of Nobodies faking emotions as a result of only remembering them and not actually having them is part of his lie that he told everyone. It doesn't make sense for him to contradict that for a brief moment of sympathy that he didn't even take advantage of. Having the concepts of light and darkness shun him is indeed relevant for his case which he used in an attempt to convince Keyblade Wielders to gather hearts for him. Making that up as a lie for faking emotions for something that he didn't even capitalise on would be a terrible move. Lying is done in order to meet a need to have someone act in a certain way and anyone who is even slightly skilled at lying and manipulating would do better than making such shabby lie. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Organization didn't just blindly accept the having-no-heart-part. We didn't have a scene where he did the convincing, so we can't simply conclude that they just blindly accepted it out of nowhere. Even without Xemnas convincing them there would have been evidence that pointed into that direction like experiencing and losing your heart and knowing how Heartless are formed so it definitely wasn't just blindly accepting on their part.

I already said that having darkness-related powers doesn't automatically make you a being of darkness and I don't think that there was actually a statement for Nobodies being beings of darkness. Nobodies having emotions was comparatively subtle. Sora was told that they are faking their emotions and wanted to quickly defeat them to reunite with Riku and Kairi, so he wasn't in a proper state of mind to pick up on it. In comparison to that Nobodies having darkness powers was displayed plenty of times in front of him with no alternative explanation presented by anyone and nobody ever called out Nobodies being rejected by light and darkness as a lie, not even after the reveal with them having hearts. Like Sora, the Nobodies themselves were also convinced that they were faking their emotions in order to compensate for their lack. They did indeed lose their hearts and having constantly used the explanation that they are faking it or only remembering it, they were likely desensitized to their emotions and probably in denial to some degree.

You're argument for not everything having a heart was that only living things have a heart. But if everything that has a heart is automatically alive because of having it then it doesn't narrow down on the range of things that can have a heart since the definition goes full circle. With the way the definition is constructed it is impossible to determine whether something is an unliving and therefore has no heart. Therefore, the definition is useless since it cannot be used for any purpose. I wouldn't say that Kingdom Hearts with its lore that can get rather complicated for a sizable number can be called "not that deep".

"Also here are a bunch of moments in KH the cast "should have found out"
Mickey should've known who Kairi was since he met her in the past:

Yet he didn't even notice Kairi was that girl:

Despite them having the exact same features.

Aqua should've found out something was up with Ven, yet she didn't and Mickey had to save her:

There's other moments but these are just examples, characters are not ace detective sherlock level people, they miss obvious clues because their boss told them."

Well, Kairi didn't exactly have the same features by virtue of having grown older but I guess that I get what you mean. People do not remember everything they see or experience, so it's perfectly reasonable for Mickey not to recognise her years later. He had other things to worry about at the time and didn't exactly spend much time with her and if you add the fact that Kairi lives on the Destiny Islands, it would be easy for him to dismiss resemblances as coincidental even if he noticed them after all that time.

Aqua was worried about Ventus which is why checking up on him was first on her priority list. She didn't know how the X-Blade looked like and would have probably eventually asked him about it, not to mention that with his eyes closed there is no visible difference to the normal Ventus. With how close she is to him he would be one of the last people she'd suspect to attack her, so it makes sense for Mickey to be in a better state of mind to notice that something was off and react to an attack.

One doesn't need to be on the level of Sherlock to recognize contradictory evidence shown constantly in front of you and I'm perfectly capable of recognising that a character cannot pick up on everything. The paragraphs further above should be capable of showing that much.

PS: Sorry, I know that you didn't want me to go on too long but I did have two comments to respond to.

Last edited:
Then don't write it out and actually think about what you're going to argue in essence, this is the basic concepts to forming an argument. Wiki article directly describes why what you did is gish gallop but I'm not going off topic for this if you believe you didn't gish gallop I frankly don't care.

You just repeated yourself here, no reason to re-refute. I really do not care what Xemnas' motive was for lying, as established he objectively is known for lying and the way nobodies powers work clearly contradict this. For the new stuff, this is pure headcanon, it's pretty clear they were blindly accepted they had no hearts as what is he going to use as evidence? We don't need a scene for the obvious. Your last sentence even proved it was blind acceptance, circumstantial evidence being used to accept does not disqualify someone blindly accepting.
Now before you attempt to nitpick the article, read it carefully. I'm going to go over this quickly, they had no debate with this, did not look into the details of if they really had no hearts or not nor did they think about it carefully or they would've found out the contradictions, like how they actually aren't emotionless. They took just what's accepted as heartless lose hearts so they must've lost it too and Xemnas' word, that's blindly accepting.

Cool that you said that, I already established that their death has them fade into darkness and them having darkness related powers is support, please read carefully.

"Comparatively subtle"

Idc how badly he wanted to find his friends and family anyone with two seconds of thinking would question why would they fake their emotions upon their death. Just because you're emotionally distraught does not mean you lose all logical train of thought. Also any logical person would understand you can't fake emotions to the extent that when you're dying to enemies who already know your emotions are fake that you proceed to keep faking.

Yes, everything in the verse clearly doesn't have a heart, only living things, which is directly told and shown to use when something has a heart. What are you not getting here? No, it's really not, every single object in Andy's room that's not woody and them, doesn't have a heart, the random barrels you break in Tangled, don't have hearts, etc. It's really not that hard.

The lore is not that complicated, as long as you pay attention to how scenes work, so no it's not really that deep.

Make sure to actually plan your argument out and think it before typing it out.
You're just rephrasing something that you already said in your comment prior to that. If I'm supposed to plan my comments more out, then you should do the same and put everything you have in one comment. That would make responding easier.

You're just rephrasing something that you already said in your comment prior to that. If I'm supposed to plan my comments more out, then you should do the same and put everything you have in one comment. That would make responding easier.

Then just make it bold. That has actually been annoying me for a little bit. Could you also please refrain from putting videos in your comments and just link them instead? In my opinion, they are just making the structure of your comments more confusing.

Just saw Nehz reply to my examples, first one is just purely wrong, no she has the exact same features, the most she got via growing up was getting taller and a different dress, Mickey should've easily been able to tell.

Nehz, someone being worried about someone does not disqualify logic. Ven is standing weird with a large weapon, the very weapon Xehanort wanted to create, you can easily put two and two together while being worried for someone. Read this a primary example without nitpicking it

Worrying makes you overthink, it doesn't throw logic out of the window.

Tfw someone takes you seriously on Sherlock level stuff when it was a hyperbolic statement meant to explain these characters clearly aren't intuitively smart.

Then just make it bold. That has actually been annoying me for a little bit. Could you also please refrain from putting videos in your comments and just link them instead? In my opinion, they are just making the structure of your comments more confusing.
Repeating something in a single sentence is equally useable for emphasis as making something bold is, not to mention you're acting like that was a comment you needed to reply to it wasn't. I do that for direct context but if it's confusing that much I'll try to refrain from doing it less so.

Just saw Nehz reply to my examples, first one is just purely wrong, no she has the exact same features, the most she got via growing up was getting taller and a different dress, Mickey should've easily been able to tell.

Nehz, someone being worried about someone does not disqualify logic. Ven is standing weird with a large weapon, the very weapon Xehanort wanted to create, you can easily put two and two together while being worried for someone. Read this a primary example without nitpicking it

Worrying makes you overthink, it doesn't throw logic out of the window.

Tfw someone takes you seriously on Sherlock level stuff when it was a hyperbolic statement meant to explain these characters clearly aren't intuitively smart.
Have you forgotten what I said about putting everything into one comment? Take your own suggestion and think about what you are writing along with properly reading everything if you really saw my responses to your examples just before you wrote this comment.
Repeating something in a single sentence is equally useable for emphasis as making something bold is, not to mention you're acting like that was a comment you needed to reply to it wasn't. I do that for direct context but if it's confusing that much I'll try to refrain from doing it less so.
Repeating something can be done in one comment and doesn't necessarily need two. You made examples before I had actually answered your prior comment and it was clearly meant to support your arguments. How do I not need to reply to it in order to properly continue the discussion? Also, thanks for the refraining and please start with it immediately along with stopping with the multiple posts in a row. Direct context is alright but I don't think that having it directly in the comment makes it more direct than a link since I'm gonna click on all the links you give anyway.

Last edited:
How is it my fault that you added something into your comment later that I didn't see during the initial reply? I'm not going to refresh the page 50 times to see if you added something new. Also even if you add my two new replies to my one comment my comment is still short and concise so idk what you're getting at.

Nehz, I said this: "Make sure to actually plan your argument out and think it before typing it out." nothing there is that a support to my argument nor something you need to reply to in order to continue the discussion and if you're talking about the examples I listed in my second comment, then you misread my initial comment since I was referring to my second comment which you complained about.

Anyways no I'm going to make a second comment if I see updated stuff or if I want to add something extra because it actually notifies you when that happens versus an edit. I'll only edit if I missed a part of my sentence or I found an extra scan to the context I was talking about.

How is it my fault that you added something into your comment later that I didn't see during the initial reply? I'm not going to refresh the page 50 times to see if you added something new. Also even if you add my two new replies to my one comment my comment is still short and concise so idk what you're getting at.

Nehz, I said this: "Make sure to actually plan your argument out and think it before typing it out." nothing there is that a support to my argument nor something you need to reply to in order to continue the discussion and if you're talking about the examples I listed in my second comment, then you misread my initial comment since I was referring to my second comment which you complained about.

Anyways no I'm going to make a second comment if I see updated stuff or if I want to add something extra because it actually notifies you when that happens versus an edit. I'll only edit if I missed a part of my sentence or I found an extra scan to the context I was talking about.
I didn't know that you were reading the comment at the moment of me editing and I didn't want to clutter the thread with a whole bunch of small comments. It's also not about the length but there being multiple comments. It's annoying for me if there are multiple comments to which I have something to say.

Okay, but I felt the need to point out something that you were doing that was annoying me, so I was responding because I wanted to and didn't want to put up with it any longer.

I already had thought of you doing that because of the notifications which is why I didn't say anything earlier but if we are going to continue this discussion for a while, then this is something we absolutely need to clarify.

Also stay on topic, jesus.
I'm going to go back to discussing the actual topic after we've cleared up how exactly we're going to continue discussing. That is at least how I'm imagining it.

Last edited:
Back