• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of the Skies VS the God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poison actually is super fast acting and if left untreated can kill or almost kill a hunter on its own from what I recall.

EDIT: I should note that this doesn't even take place over the course of an hour or anything, but can take place over the course of like a minute or two.

Well if we are going by speed Doyle instantly lost his eyesight from a touch and if Baki wasn't strong he would've died in seconds.

poison is measured by how big a thing it works on

it's why most spider bites aren't actually lethal to humans whereas it will instantly kill smaller animals and also stab their children

Monster Hunter's is potent enough to affect other monsters, which, like I said, can be the size of a damn house if you aren't careful (and don't start on Dalamadur)

How do we know the poison affecting large monsters really fast isn't just game mechanics? Is there lore for Rathalos poison severely harming a monster of equal or larger size?

Anttron224 said:
Dalamadur is unaffected by Poison
I realize, he was just sort of a tangent when considering the absurd scope monsters can reach.

Because literally everything is a large monster and with the idea of "well it isn't in lore" in a game with as little lore as Monster Hunter may as well make you say "well the lore doesn't mention them wearing clothing either so I suppose they're naked".

Bumping I guess?

Also Baki's ability to resist poison comes from this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre_Physiology_(Baki) which is something that Doppo doesn't have. It was less-so a matter of his strength and willpower and, as stated in this profile, more easily attributed to his physiology and bloodline/heritage.

Meaning Doppo doesn't scale to that kind of poison resistance. Meaning Rath's poison WILL work on him and most likely have instant effects.

Yeah I know, I made the page. Which is why I also know that the poison resistance is related to the ogre skeleton, which Baki isn't confirmed to have, but it's possible and likely that he does, so the poison argument via Baki's resistance on my side is moot anyway.

But this is ignoring the fact that Doyle resisted the poison via strength and as a result only lost his eye instead of his life. And Doyle had just gotten clobbered by Katsumi, who is Doppo's son. Doyle << Katsumi Orochi << Doppo Orochi

It shouldn't really affect Doppo's attack power, mobility or speed though since it doesn't have that affect on hunters, so I don't see why the poison matters all that much anyway, as a one on one fight typically only lasts a couple minutes.

There are those of us here that uh

well

we didn't make the page

Doyle hardly resisted the poison tbh, his eye was immediately disabled by one touch. Evidently, the amount of poison he received was simply not enough to be fatal. I don't think anything states that he outright resisted the poison.

The point here is that it would still deal damage to Doppo and that Doppo would be afflicted with it via contact, meaning he has little means of avoiding it save for outright dodging the attack.

Sangan is literally just an advanced parry, what with using his eyes to better react to an incoming attack that he can then block or parry with his arms.

The poison is contact based, so he'd still get poisoned because Doppo has to physically touch the source of the poison in order to block or parry it. Plus even with higher speed, if he dedicated himself to blocking or parrying he'd likely fail given the AP/Strength difference between them.

It also allows him to dodge attacks from enemies that he was previously slower than, so if he is already faster to begin with it shouldn't be difficult to dodge Rathalos' attacks.

Not only does Sangan let him parry and Uke let him block and dispel fire and the like, but the Maeba Stance would also allow him to counter attack and avoid getting hit. Doppo for all the other reasons above. This is really just a battle of attrition with all of Doppo's defensive techniques

BakiHanma18 said:
Not only does Sangan let him parry and Uke let him block and dispel fire and the like, but the Maeba Stance would also allow him to counter attack and avoid getting hit. Doppo for all the other reasons above. This is really just a battle of attrition with all of Doppo's defensive techniques
and flight, poison, etc etc

but yeah, sure dog

Mr. Bambu said:
BakiHanma18 said:
and flight, poison, etc etc
but yeah, sure dog
Flight= not an issue if Rath's only means of effective attack is getting within Doppo'ing distance, plus the map is not conducive to ranged battle, what with the roof being there. As far as poison, how potent? Baki willed through poison that could melt a man, and he was compariable to Prime Doppo at the time

Well, as I pointed out earlier in the thread, the arena is actually up to, like, 100 feet high. It was confirmed by Baki during his fight with pickle and there is a link to that fight in an older comment of mine on this thread, thus indicating that flying around outside of Doppo's range is indeed viable.

Also iirc it's implied that Baki had that resistance to poison as a result of partially possessing the Ogre Physiology, which is something that Doppo himself completely lacks and therefore would not gain the benefits of. Plus, Doyle, when exposed to the poison, instantly lost his eyesight and was not able to resist it at all. He went on to live relatively fine afterwards, indicating that the amount of poison he received was not a lethal amount, but he still was not able to resist it, which lends itself to the idea that the only reason Baki was able to resist it is because of partially owning the Ogre Physiology. ( https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ogre_Physiology_(Baki) )

Anyway, the poison from MH creatures can typically kill the Hunters in less than one minute of being poisoned if left untreated, so it's very potent when compared to IRL poisons and the like.

Even if the roof didn't exist, Doppo can dispel ranged attacks, so flight doesn't really do anything here

Extreme Resistance to Electricity and Poison(Granted by the Ogre Skeleton)

Yujiro is currently the only confirmed living Hanma to have this skeletal structure.

Baki willed his way passed poison that could melt a man when he was comparable to Prime Doppo, so poison isn't an issue

Could it physically melt a man? If not, Doppo still takes this mid dif

Also for Doyle, who is considerably weaker than NGB Baki and Prime Doppo, the poison can melt a person, yet his eye was still there after direct exposure

Also btw where was it stated that his sheer will was what allowed him to stave off the poison for as long as he did? Because I recall trying to search for it before the thread fell silent and I couldn't really find much in regards to that tbqh

GimmyJibbsJr said:
Also btw where was it stated that his sheer will was what allowed him to stave off the poison for as long as he did? Because I recall trying to search for it before the thread fell silent and I couldn't really find much in regards to that tbqh
It is never expressly stated, but it's implied several times throughout the Raitai by many people, including Yujiro and Ri Kaioh, Ri being one of the only other Poison Hand users in the Bakiverse

And you then said "well it's not stated, it's implied"

So that just isn't a thing that's accepted on this wiki and you say that the show never makes this clear

cool

btw current votes

Rathalos: 4 (Bambu, Gimmy, Migue, SOULOFCINDERS)

Doppo: 4 (Amlad, Yianni.stavropoulos.3, NotoriouSoda, BakiHanma)

Figured I'd post them here because OP has not been adjusted yet

Mr. Bambu said:
And you then said "well it's not stated, it's implied"
So that just isn't a thing that's accepted on this wiki and you say that the show never makes this clear

cool
Baki doesn't have poison resistance, Baki is clearly affected by a poison that supposedly rots people from the inside out in a matter of minutes, possibly hours, Baki survives for several days.

Explanation?

That's actually 7 votes for Rathalos now lol

How big did the difference in votes have to be for a vs thread to end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back