• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King of the Skies VS the God of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small dosage, diluted by some means, etc etc.

I'm not here to CRT your verse. I'm here pointing out that you both state that it doesn't give him explicit resistance to poison, and that it isn't on the page. Occam's Razor comes into effect, so take what has the least explanations, rather than just assuming resistance to poison when it could be a fair few other things.

GimmyJibbsJr said:
That's actually 7 votes for Rathalos now lol
How big did the difference in votes have to be for a vs thread to end?
7-4 is enough for Grace, 7-5 is not.

Also I already gave an explanation. The Ogre Physiology actually sums it up pretty well tbqh and is far more likely considering he already shows traits of possessing it

But Doppo would never gain the benefits of such a thing because he's not related to Yujiro.

Anyway, updated votes

Rathalos: 7 (Bambu, Gimmy, Migue, SOULOFCINDERS, DeathNoodles, Schnee One, DarkWraths)

Doppo: 4 (Amlad, Yianni.stavropoulos.3, NotoriouSoda, BakiHanma)

Grace starts now

"What is easily assumed can be easily dismissed." There's nothing to say that Baki has OS, and he's clearly affected

Small enough that it didn't kill him, which you say it should have.

Like I said, ain't my job to revise the verse if it needs it. Going from the information provided here, dude doesn't resist poison. Yeet brother.

Mr. Bambu said:
Small enough that it didn't kill him, which you say it should have.
Like I said, ain't my job to revise the verse if it needs it. Going from the information provided here, dude doesn't resist poison. Yeet brother.
Again, it's literally killing him, it was directly injected into his blood several times, yet he survived

It doesn't need revision. He doesn't resist poison, or else he'd have Poison Resistance. He was able to push passed the poison.

Yes. Cool. But that doesn't mean the dose wasn't small, diluted, etc. I don't aim to explain it, I merely aim to portray that you also are unable to explain it and thus cannot paint it however you please.

Not dying to lethal poison is poison resistance.

Mr. Bambu said:
Yes. Cool. But that doesn't mean the dose wasn't small, diluted, etc. I don't aim to explain it, I merely aim to portray that you also are unable to explain it and thus cannot paint it however you please.
Not dying to lethal poison is poison resistance.
What do you mean???? It's being directly fed into his bloodstream multiple times. Hitchen's Razor, the dosage is enough to melt men, there's nothing to indicate the poison is "diluted" or "a small dose".

Not true, just because someone is affected by poison and lives doesn't automatically mean they resist poison...

Also, like... does it matter?

You've shown lethal poison is enough to hospitalize (a granted totally and 100% unrelated character that we're not debating for). Even if we make every assumption you ask of us, the dude is still in a state to be hospitalized. And then fighting a fire-breathing dragon with even more poison.

My vote stands.

And there are no assumptions: Baki doesn't have Poison Resistance, the poison is literally strong enough to wilt a flower with a single touch, and its fed directly into Baki's blood, yet he is able to survive despite it literally killing him.

cool

all of my other points still stand though

we've established he (not Baki, since this fight doesn't have Baki regardless of how many times you link the dude lol) is severely disadvantaged by flight and poison, regardless of what you've said, even if we, for whatever reason, give you every single jump of logic you ask for

mixed with AP advantage and range

Rathalos dive bombs

Mr. Bambu said:
cool
all of my other points still stand though

we've established he (not Baki, since this fight doesn't have Baki regardless of how many times you link the dude lol) is severely disadvantaged by flight and poison, regardless of what you've said, even if we, for whatever reason, give you every single jump of logic you ask for

mixed with AP advantage and range

Rathalos dive bombs
Flight=still not a problem, like I said, he'd have to get close to attack, negging range advantages

Poison doesn't make that much of a difference considering 1)Baki was still able to fight in the Raitai and 2)Doppo starts with an AP advantage

Doppo defends GG

Doppo literally does not have the AP advantage tho lol

Also still means that Rathalos can stay out of range and throw out attacks while Doppo has to focus on defense, so Doppo would still, no matter what, be more at risk of taking hits and damage.

That's BAKI who could fight in the Raitai after being poisoned, not Doppo. If you are suggesting that Baki was able to will himself to stave off the effects of the poison for a while as a result of willpower, like it kinda seems you are trying to do, then we literally can't scale that to Doppo since willpower is not something that scales in such a linear fashion.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Rathalos has the AP advantage. What do you mean? He can amp himself further by getting Enraged.
Actually yeah, Rath has higher ap to start. Forgot this was the match where Doppo needs Sangan and junk to win. Regardless, winning with AP was never an option for Doppo, IE my comment about "Doppo defends" earlier

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
You can't really parry an attack if the attacker has higher AP and much higher Lifting Strength.
Dodging is still entirely possible (and very much so advised). Easy with Sangan and the Maeba Stance, hell even with Fumasatsu

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Dodging is really all he can do about this guy. Until his stamina runs out, their stamina is somewhat comparable so...
Rath is flying, divebombing, etc. Doppo is slightly shifting around, ducking, MAYBE jumping and rolling worst case scenario. Rath fatigues first easily due to waaay more effort to no results

Capable of staying in the air for long periods of time, can fight for dozens of minutes and sustain large amounts of damage and will still be able to fight

I'm starting to think Doppo has a shit ton more stamina

Dude, you can break Rathalos's Legs, Face, Wings, Back and cut his Tail off and he will still try to Murder you and can do it if you're not careful.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Dude, you can break Rathalos's Legs, Face, Wings, Back and cut his Tail off and he will still try to Murder you and can do it if you're not careful.
Doppo died standing up, and then survived dying

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Whitebeard died standing up. Doppo isn't special.
Doppo doesn't need to be special, Whitebeard would have better endurance than someone who can only fight for minutes too

Either way what's more Impressive? That or fighting like nothing even happened even though every single part of you is absolutely demolished?

That's def downplaying what Rathalos is capable of. Like you can cut off a Rath's tail and punch holes in its wings and it'll still fly around and try to kill you and can technically continue fighting for a total of like 55 minutes even when heavily injured like that but alright

Also literally none of those things you posted for Doppo change anything. Him dying standing up doesn't have any meaningful effect in the outcome of this fight, and all the things that happened to him (losing chunks of his body or being mortally wounded) have and can happen to Rathalos, who fights on as if nothing happened to it. Honestly I have half a mind to try and make a CRT for MH stamina but that's beside the point lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back