• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse General Discussion Board

It would require more context for sure, since the lifting strength in something like moving a car with wheels, even if super heavy, has much more ease to it than other stuff.

But it deserves looking into.

Also... I was rewatching the series and oof, Kuroki looks so different and weird in his first appearence.

Well it's noted in the scan that hair can theoretically lift up to 15 tons in weight, with the bus feat being proof that hair can be that strong.

Plus, the page after that notes that Inaba hair is strengthened beyond that become like a weapo. So it's should definitely be something good.

Also yeah, early series Kuroki looked like a homeless lumberjack lol

I mean more in the sense that they can take that weight, but is another thing entirely if its only the hair taking all of that weight or if the Inaba clan's body and such would be withstanding or moving that weight as well.

His beard looks so... flackey and weird and not as STOUT.

Also, major factor that needs to be discussed from last chapter

NO MUTEBA IN THE TOURNAMENT

Which is a bummer since I wanted to see him kicking ass in the new series.

People not being in the tournament is not a big deal anyway. This is a wide reaching situation, with fights and assassinations now happening and stuff unrelated tot he tournament by itself moving along. Muteba appearing and fighting someone important in different circumstances is very likely.

I also remember after giving the series another read how the Toshigi land dude, from the start, talked about getting a line to "them" from associating with Hayama, already setting the ground work for his apparent connection now made more evident in Omega. There was the whole issue of his guardians and some of the dudes in it, but they looked more like infiltrates and didn't set the connection as much.

Well he still has a Chekhov's gun with the calling card he gave to Togo after his match with Wakatsuki, so I highly suspect that will come into play at some point.

Although how is still up in the air, as we have the Worm/Tigers Vessel infiltrating both the Kengan Association and Purgatory, and even Hayamai'a faction. Although, whether or not he's actually working with Worm is unknown since he seemed like a pawn in Ashura but in Omega it seems like he knows more than he lets on.

When anything actually happens. Ryuki has barely shown much and we don't know where he is in the power scale for sure, and Koga is in a constant state of growth with no real "base" yet.

I think he means for some of the Ashura guys who have shown improvements since the Kengan Annihilation Tournament. For example,

Cosmo: should be 8-C+ for outstriking a guy stated by official MMA officials to outclass Okubo in Pound-For-Pound

Adam: should be at least 9-A+, likely 8-C for training with Cosmo and Kureishi, also stated by Cosmo to have gotten a lot stronger

Akoya: should by 8-C+, since even Omega Cosmo says he's a dangerous guy, and it's implied in this scene that he is the one who put Murobuchi in a damaged state which cost him a loss against Kokuro

Chiba: at least 8-C for damaging Omega Takeru, who was stated to be stronger than before

Takeru: at least 8-C, stated to be stronger than in Ashura, but hasn't shown much, likely higher with Raging Vigor

Rihito: should be 8-C+, since could damage Omega Mokichi, who was stated to be sharper than before, likely higher with Razors Edge

Mokichi: see above

That's about it for the Ashura guys, let me know what you think

Yes! Great work! I also think Dudley may get a Likely 8-C in Ashura Key since it was stated that Yoshinari who is 8-C has comparable strength to him. I also think Restricted Ohma should be At least 9-A likely 8-C (Scaling from Yoroizuka) since the entire Annihilation Tournament roster was shocked by his raw striking power when punching Raian whereas nobody had a similar reaction to The Hammer of Puma.

Not sure about 8-C Ashura Adam since he was harmed by Round 1 Cosmo's strikes, who is like the worst striker in the tournament, and still lost to him, even when he's at most 9-A+. Sure, Adam still surpassed him in raw power as evidenced by the amount of damage Cosmo took, but Adam still lost.

Uh, may want to check Ohma's page again. In Unrestricted he's 8-C+

I was thinking we place Adam at 9-A likely 8-C, Cosmo will be Possibly 8-C Pre Akoya and Restricted Ohma will be 9-A likely 8-C. What do you think?

SPOILERS FOR LAST CHAPTER

Looks like all my gripping about last chapter was for nothing cause now he's back! Best merc is back on the scene

Looks like the "are they clones?" plot is going even deeper.

Lmao, it's actually hilarious how you were talking about he's not back but then BAM he's back

Everone: Muteba must be in the middle of a war.... Or dead...

Muteba: (Having a vacation)

Also

Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the grease after all

Can't wait to see his reaction to NotMeguro. Probably gonna lose his shit after seeing an exact copy of a guy he killed just causally walking around.

Does anyone else want Inaba back? I mean you got Chiba and Adam back but not the guy who nearly knocked Ohma out of the tournament?

@ItalianGuy

Eh, Inaba's a real cool guy, but I kinda doubt he'd measure up to the current Kengan roaster. He was struggling against Base Restricted Ohma until he started using his hair, which was torn instantly the second Ohma used the Advance. He's a really solid mid tier, but I can't see him squaring up to the top tiers of Kengan.

@LSirLancelot

MotionlessPrecognition confirmed

@PTS I get it but, they brought back people who had way less relevance to the story, I don't see why they can't have one of the coolest fighters come back.

I don't know why they even need 13 fighters

Just send in YamashitaKazuo and he'd easily solostomp Purgatory. They used to call him "Kazzy the Destroyer" back in the day dontcha know?

Side note:

I can only imagine how Akoya will react to someone like NotMeguro not only being revived but also being on the same team as him. Can't imagine Mr. Justice being all that happy with being on the same side as a criminal.

it's only me who thinks maybe that "i'm true tiger vessel" guy is True Ohma and Tokita Ohma and Ryuki are his clones?! he also is a user of niko style and possession spirit similar to Ohma.

it's a pretty dope theory and i hope to be true.

@PTS I can see Akoya accepting that momentarily, he's a sociopath but not stupid. I figure he'll just wait unti the end of the tournament and kill him.

One thing I'm really liking about Omega is all the build up for the tournament. So far, we have 3 big bads getting hyped up for the big finale. There's Purgatory, Kengan's biggest foe. The Worm, who is presumably working against Ryuki, Koga and and has replaced several big players for both Kengan and Purgatory, and some mysterious third party who is presumably cloning/replacing people as well.

We know that there's more than one group who is replacing/cloning people since Ryuki and NotMeguro don't appear to have any non-antagonistic ties to the Worm. There's also Edward Wu's mysterious backstory involving the Kure's, Agito's backstory involving "Tokita Niko" and probably the Worm as well, and Kiryu still has unfinished business with the "Nikos" as well.

Things are gonna be heckin spicy. Makes me worry that we're not gonna get another installment since a lot of unresolved plot lines are gonna be tied up/answered here.

@Italian

I'm betting 8-B as well

@Dragon

The Wu clan subplot leads me to believe that Raian is definitely getting a spot on the Kengan team. Somebody's gotta rep the Kure clan.

Back