• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse General Discussion Board

he defeats Gaolang easier imo. according to bodyguards formless style wasn't suited for a tournament and still Agito barely defeated Gaolang by it. now imagine Agito using martial arts aka a suited style against Gaolang. although Gaolang still was a pretty powerful opponent for him and Agito barely and by chance defeated him.

Holy shit, the new chapter. Akoya's smile in the end is just Junji Ito shit. He really went crazier than he was in Ashura.

So happy to see Akoya want to make a new friend!! Such a wholesome chapter

Legit though, I'm happy for Ryuki to not try to kill him. A change of character growth.

That poor old guy... But yeah at least we got some happiness on that.

Also when are we gonna get a profile for Kengan Ryu and SF-scaling Ohma?

incase accepting SF Scaling Ohma will be damn op and strong.

also i believe that was same Ryu as street fighter because of Ohma playing SF in end of chapter. we can't tell that was a weaker Ryu that was exactly game/main Ryu.

You guys ever think about how Kengan and Danberu take place in the same universe? Like we have stuff like this is occurring around the same time as this.

Pretty whack ain't it?

Danberu is definitely part of Kenganverse. One of the MC is sister of Hatsumi's ex, school teacher is Karla's mom, we saw Kureishi's clinic and many people in the manga loves Gaolang.

And also it's really whack that elder sister is gambling on death matches while her little sister is loving her muscle training.

Oh yeah, not questioning whether or not Danberu exits in Kengan, I'm just saying how weird it is considering the vastly different tones of each series.

It makes a lot of sense though, kinda like reality. Lots of ****** up shit in some places, but right over in the next country a couple of friends may be eating ice cream and doing cute shit.

Bastard the webtoon? MC is pretty weak sadly but it's entertaining. Kaneda might be stronger, or a good match. I should read Sweet Home soon

Latest chapter sees a gathering of everybody's favorite jobbers.

So, now that we're seeing more and more of the old cast return, it's time to ask that oh so important question:

Which of the Kengan veterans do you think is gonna end up jobbing to Purgatory?

Like, we know Kengan likes to keep things unpredictable, but there's no way there's not gonna be one Annihilation Tournament participant who gets wafflestomped to show off how strong the Purgatory guys are.

Rihito.

Wins easily. He's growing a beard. Thus. Beard power.

In all seriousness no idea... Kengan is so unpredictable and I don't have raws to cheaply look in. The best I can think of is the author guy whose name I already forgot

I think his name is NotHatsumi or something like that

My money's on Akoya or the New Fang. Akoya's already has his fight this series, and he's going up against the Worm. So there's a high chance somebody takes him out to halt his investigation.

New Fang jobbing would just establish how some of the Purgatory guys are definitely Fang-tide besides Jose and 6th Fang

Ciruno Fortes said:
Bastard the webtoon? MC is pretty weak sadly but it's entertaining. Kaneda might be stronger, or a good match. I should read Sweet Home soo
Nop, Bastard!! the really old manga where the main character is a douche that uses rock music terms for his spells.

I'm so tempted to start putting the Kengan guys against DC's 9-A+'s but I'm really scared its gonna start a shitstorm cause of the ongoing "muh most skilled" debates.

Literally someone already made some Comics characters vs Kengan characters

And also gah wrong series then.

Speaking of, where was that theory of "Watatsuki fighting Yujiro and winning" or something?

I think you're referring to this scene?

Basically, all the guys listed on there are references to real life martial art icons known for changing the game. The guy on the top left most corner is thought to be Yujiro, due to the hair, emphasis on the back (which kinda looks like the Demon Back) and the "stronger than all of humanity" quote.

I can kinda see the resemblance, but that Eastern European bit kinda throws me off.

Am I the only one who is thinking that Rihito is so sexy in the newest chapter? I'm not gay but I think he is pretty hot with his physique.

Also... remind me something, why exactly can't we use the earthquake feat in any capacity?

I was under the impression the table we use goes under the assumption not of tectonic plates but the earthquake of something like a meteor impacting, hence radiated waves.

Unless even that much should still cause vibrations kilometers away, in which case I can kinda get it. It still feels... weird that there's no possible way to get something out of shaking a massive stadium and the outside area, in like literally anyway.

I think it's more like it needs more showings for it to look like an earthquake and such. Though imo them clashing their fists on the air kinda prevents vibrations from happening on the ground to make earthquakes.

that's just me who thinks Ashura was far better than Omega. Ohma was far better than Ryuki who is like merging a weak Ohma + Gaolang and isn't as a good character as Ohma either and Ashura story was far more enjoyable and interesting in early volumes than Omega?

also this dude Nitoku is like a stronger clone of Hatsumi Sen

idk what was point in killing Ohma if they had plan for returning him in a weaker, dumber and lesser interesting form called Ryuki.

Preferences varies per person.

And I really don't agree with Ryuki being basically an exact copy of Ohma. If anything he seems like a bloodthirsty warrior becoming more humane. Ohma by himself is unique.

I know, but that's the point, radiated waves doesn't have to do with a normal earthquake if what I saw in the earthquake discussion thread for our standards is correct. Its more like the earthquake you'd get from something like a meteorite or a powerful bomb, or that's how I thought we treated it. The real issue is that it should affect a wider area to count as one, but I wasn't sure if at scake 3 or 4 it should actually extend for whole kilometers. And even if it didn't, I just find it weird there's no potential way to derive something from this.

Ryuki doesn't feel anything like Ohma to me. Not his character, not his values, not his anything. And Ohma himself was weak as hell at the start of the series compared to the best of the annahilation round competitors and to himself with all his memories regained. Not to mention his relationship with the people around him is not at all like Ohma, not even close.

I would honestly wonder what exactly did you like about the start of the first series more - I am enjoying this beginning way, way more now that we have established characters and a setting that we know, so we jump into the meat of things as it starts to escalate way quicker.

by Ruiki i mean mostly his face is like Ohma + Gaolang.

also Ohma wasn't weak in any way, shape or form at start of the series. Restricted Ohma defeated Rihito, Kubaragi, Seki, plenty fighters in ship (with a injured body and broken hand) and Inaba Ryu "in one row". that is weak as hell to you? at same time Himuro Ryu (a low-mid tier) casually blocked Ryuki's punch and was capable of breaking his neck.

and i enjoyed start of first series because of having more and better fights, action and inducing more stress.

Back