• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse General Discussion Board

I mean... yes, part of the whole deal and mystery is that he looks so much like Ohma but is his own person. Not sure what about Gaolang you see in him.

Ohma pulled every trick in his book against Jun, then even activated possessing spirit on him at full throttle, and despite what it looked Jun was hardly miffed by the end compared to his wounds in the elimination rounds. Compared to the people at the top, yes, he was weak as hell. You DID read when I said "compared to the people at the top", right? And Himuro... low tier? Completely putting aside the fact that Ryu's technique works by being surprising, Himuro had already seen it, and Himuro was beat by someone that despite being physically a piece of shit beyond anyone else in the series, could last a damn long while against Gaolang? I kinda feel like you are completely disregarding context while saying all this.

Sorry, can't see it. If fights was all I cared about I wouldn't even be reading, and the fights you obviously wish for will come by the trucket load soon. This whole situation has already escalated way more, is more tense, has more involved in it, and I actually know the characters so I am immediately much more invested.

his Facial expression were pretty similar to Gaolang. such as looking dumb, constantly having disagreement with fightning and getting annoyed (remember Gaolang x Saw and compare that with early series Ryuki x Koga) altough it eventually got removed from his character.

Sekibayashi being capable of tanking Ohma's attacks doesn't mean anything. he had one of most hardest bodies in entire of Kengan Franchise. his body was capable of passively reflecting damage too. franchise itself constantly implied wrestlers have one of hardest bodies. remember Seki also constantly tanked Takero's attacks and reflected his damage. one of strongest super heavyweigh heavy hitters. he even tanked and reflected Takero's ultimate tecnique (4x stronger and 2x faster). so your claim doesn't make any sense. you are implying anyone else could have showed a better fight against Seki. but there isn't any evidence and dude was 57-0 in Kengan Matches. also anyway in end he defeated Seki so he was still superior to him. be it through tecnique or speed he still was superior and stronger. being physically stronger isn't everything and in order to being a top tier you don't need to having top tier physicals either. so even restricted Ohma was top tier due to defeating Seki. also Ohma defeated Seki easier than Takero too. Takero almost killed Seki.

and what are exactly Himuro Ryu feats? nothing but damaging one of physically weakest fighters (Kaneda) so he is a low tier for now. unless you can prove otherwise. knowing Ryuki's fightning style isn't enough for reacting to him and killing him yet a suppressed Himuro Ryu casually speed blitzed Ryuki and was capable of physically one shotting killing him. knowing someone's fightning style = / = you have enough speed and power for speed blitzing and one shotting them.

and being weaker than top tiers is mid tier not weak as hell. weak as hell implies a low tier or very low tier. so be careful with your words.

third one is subjective.

Disagreeing is not a facial expression? Not to mention even his resting expression isn't very similar and even his disagreement reasoning isn't much like Gaolang's. But eh, different views.

It does mean something. Sumo guy wasn't the strongest in the tournament in striking power, he could hurt Seki. Despite using the Advance at full throttle, Ohma didn't compare to his power. His body doesn't passively reflect damage...? Do you remember the series? Wakatsuki explains very clearly how Seki returned the damage to Kiozan. It is a very refined technique, not some passive supernatural technique. No, you could actually read what I am saying. Ohma is weak as hell compared to the top people. He did way more damage to himself than Kiozan did fighting Seki, and barely left a scratch as he himself noticed, while Seki was even trembling getting up after that. Like I said again, Ohma compared to the top tier people at the start of the show is weak as hell.

Ugh... **** it, honestly. You can feel as you want. The only thing I feel is honestly just incomprehensible and outright weird is that you think Ryuki is... weak? Despite the fact he has been holding back so much it is laughable, so far.

No, weak as hell to top tiers is weak as hell to top tiers. This is no hard ladder. You are overestimating BoG Ohma immensely if you really think he isn't weak compared to the top tiers.

Didn't Ohma got punt around like a football early on?

I love Ohma, but his power growth was definitely of an MC. Definitely something more artificial. There was a reason why in some boards translating the series I saw him mocked and joked about that he'll win against Kuroki no matter what.

Kind of? He won against Seki, but he won by the rules of a Kengan battle. Not only did he do close to no damage after abusing Advance, the best he gave Seki was a nap of a few seconds. Seki's special defense, the little damage he took, and the wear of the Advance would just mean crippled and likely dead Ohma if knock out for even an instant didn't count.

Yeah honestly not touching the quality debate thing. I like them all honestly, and I have my biases but I don't really think it's worth anything.

Also gonna try to calc this - https://s2.********.org/data/2a0beac5374c3be8f6d27df27c08d005/2.png

This looks pretty nice as a bonus. Won't be higher though

That was weak as hecc

You need some pretty hecking big craters in something like concrete to get some nice stuff, sadly. Or something like violent fragmentation... if only one of the fighters went and did something like pulverization on something to get us some juicy upgrades.

Yeah, was hoping wall level at least, but nope. Just street level.

DMUA already did the best stuff so I think we're all safe for calcs. Though I'm adding some notable abilities when I finish my respect doc. At C20 right now

And kinda noticed, wouldn't Ohma have durability negation even back then due to throatstrike that he used on Sekibayashi?

Also now wondering if most fighters should have fear res due to being unaffected by Katahara the old man. Even Kaede looks like she's trembling in fear and can't move.

It was a tactic he did abuse when he couldn't hurt him, so I agree it should be added.

Yes for the fear res stuff. Kaede isn't just paralized, she looks like she's about to pass out and I think even calls him a monster or similar. Nogi even says the old man keeps growing at his age or something.

Sweet

Yeah makes me curious on what Nogi is saying is growing. Maybe his aura or just pressure. But yeah intimidation or fear res.

Gonna summarize them as soon as I'm done, C24 now but doing this with a headache isn't fun. Gonna go for a few more chaps. I think there's some nifty observation values though on Rihito and the others, figuring out how Ohma's techniques works without having to be monologued about it.

And I'm actually wondering if some characters can be argued to have Regenerationn (long term and fast term) due to some traits. Likely not but gonna take a look at it jic

Putting it as limited dura neg would work better, as it still relies on him being able to affect the windpipe.

From the way he worded it, or at least the translation I read, I honestly wondered if Katahara was a fighter.

Don't push yourself unnecessarily. There is always time later.

Putting it as limited dura neg would work better, as it still relies on him being able to affect the windpipe.

From the way he worded it, or at least the translation I read, I honestly wondered if Katahara was a fighter.

Don't push yourself unnecessarily. There is always time later.

Thanks mate, took a break and now just gonna relax. Limited dura neg would work well considering he broke his arm doing it. Still a nice feat to have though.

Gonna check around other translations just in case. Probably doesn't mean much though

If there's one complaint I have about Omega, is that so far a lot of the fights have been shorter and haven't felt as intense as in Ashuea so far.

I know we're still building up to the tournament, but even Ashura still have us some pretty nice pre-tournament fights. (Ohma vs Sekibayashi was pretty good)

Besides that, so far Omega has been better plot wise. It's one of the only martial arts manga I've seen to successfully implement a murder mystery subplot that actually has me guessing.

Btw, question:

Should we give Kanoh reactive power level? It's stated that he gets stronger with every fight, and it's not just tactics as seen with his battle with Beard and Hatsumi

Nop.

I don't remember any instance of his Endurance or physical power increasing. He simply took the initiative, allowing him to deal damage he couldn't before.

Agreeing with those points actually. But I feel like the shorter fights actually help the story focus. Longer battles aren't bad but does put an emphasis on the battle.

Also easily agreeing with Kanoh's reactive thing. It's not the most haxxy like Garou's, but it's there.

Btw there seems to be some anime exclusive feats. In S2 episode 2, Karla was unable to completely detect Kiryu at all. Something about wondering if he's even alive. That might be a feat

Reactive Evolution is the ability to, in response to threats and adverse situations, adapt to grow better capable of dealing with any given issue; this can mean growing to become more resistant to certain methods of attack and certain abilities, developing new powers to better defend one's self, or just becoming more powerful to become an even greater threat.A combination of Adaptation and Reactive Power Level, rather than adapting to better utilize their resources or rather than just growing stronger, the user improves in any number of ways to become more successful, durable, and powerful whenever their respective limits are tested.

seems like increasing Endurance or physical power isn't necessary and Agito should have Reactive Evolution but i'm not sure

I'm with RPL on this one rather than Reactive Evolution. It increases power level while he already has Adaptation for his new styles.

I'm definitely on the side of reactive power level.

It's noted by Metsudo that Agito gets stronger from every fight, and I think it shows when he goes into formless. It really shows in his fights with Okubo, Hatsumi and Kuroki.

Okubo goes from standing his ground, to getting blitzed and KO'd in one blow despite being able to go toe to toe with him like a second before.

Hatsumi goes from being one of the few who legitimately pose a threat to him to getting stomped by a holding back Agito.

Vs Kuroki, he shortens the time between the switches of his personality mid fight.

Idk, I think it warrants Reactive Power Level, if not that, definitely Accelerated Development. We're giving both of those to Cosmo, so I think it makes sense to give it to the guy whose shtick is to evolve as the fight goes on.

Honestly, with all this business with fighters being replaced and Worm making their move, I'm not even convinced that the current roster is gonna stay as it is

No way is that actually him

It's gonna be like another look alike such as with the Ghost guy, or some random occurrences like with Ryuki (which probably isn't that random)

Thanks PTS! Yeah I really think it's cloning of some sort for this guy. I'm not so sure about Ryuki though but this is very interesting on its take. Omega really has the spades in story

I still wonder what is the deal with the whole vessel stuff... If it was intended to kill Ohma, and it very much didn't feel like that, what was the point? Vessel for what and what would it induce on the person to have Advance? This maybe-cloning-maybe-not-maybe-just-****-you-all is making stuff dubious.

And honestly, I would only agree with Accelerated Development. Agito gets stronger, but in technique. It never felt like he was blitzing or stomping people because his muscles suddenly bulged, but because he adapted to their shtick, making it less useful, then grew a new way to apply his strength correctly. Everyone on the same relative level in this series deal a heck of a lot of damage even with a normal blow, the problem is actually landing the blow. But I'll try to check Agito's matches again later just in case.

I know that this will be a hot take, but I think the Tiger's Vessel is evidence that mysticism will inevitably by brought into the Kenganverse. Like, I know that we already have some superpower bs going on, but that shadow thing that talked to Ohma while he went berserk was too strange and self-aware to just be Ohma's hallucination. Plus, I don't Ohma was meant to die because of the Tiger Vessel thing, I think he was just unsuitable for it. What was he being suited for? Who knows. But that's why I'm enjoying the doppleganger subplot, as its starting to draw back to the Worm/Tiger's Vessle subplot.

I could go with either Accelerated Development and/or Reactive Power Level, just wanted to bring it up for discussion

Hmm.... I gotta do a reread to provide my own 2 cents on that. Still prepping stuff.

Also Info analysis for Ohma should be enough to determine how a fighter can fight physically but not with weapons and such. He was able to identify the Medicine Man to be just an unremarkable fighter

Didn't Ohma use his info analysis to figure out that Guardians sword range and attack trajectory right after he woke up from his fight with Raian?

Well, tbf that was in his Unrestricted key, so you're first statement still applies to Restricted Ohma

Btw, do you think Inaba's hair feats could bring in better lifting strength feats? It's noted how normal hair could let a guy pull a bus, and the Inaba clans hair is >>> that since they have a routine to strengthen it

This is the page I'm referring to

Back