• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse General Discussion Board

Well now I've read the new chapter

I completely expected NotHatsumi to job to show off how powerful the Purgatory guys are, but once again, the Kengan writers subvert my expectations. Also, Nitoku could give the Fang a run for his money pre-tournament? NOICE

I updated the Ohma one and it has been accepted, I do believe I linked it in the Kenganverse page itself. I did not apply it to Ohma's profile directly however.

Mikazuchi Rei I can re-calc based on going FTE to hypersonic characters over a distance of 6 meters and get that re-evaluated tbh

Oh but legit what time's a good spoiler lift? Spoilers for latest chap is good after 24 hours?

Also looking forward to those calcs!

I would say 24 hours - few days is a good stretch of time.

Also, I just love the difference between Kamashita in the first series and in the second.

Nah all good. There's a lot of easy sources out there and I think there's a rule against that? Idk

But yeah I'm pretty sure that NotOhma just defeated Ghost there.

Well the anime finally came out

Even though I still don't like the CGI (and I'm probably still gonna rip on it), I'm still gonna watch it to support the creators. They honestly deserve it for bringing us the gem in that is Kengan. Hope everyone does the same.

Also we really need to get going on the profiles

For Kanoh:

Statistics Amplification with Indestructible, Information Analysis and Reactive Evolution due to his innate trait (analyzes an opponent's fighting style and creates a brand new style crafted to adapt and overcome his specific opponent, as well as explicitly increasing his reaction speed a few milliseconds while fighting Kuroki), Precognition (Premovement fuckery), what else should the Fifth Fang have?

We should probably note that Kuroki, Agito, etc's Precog is more similar to analytical prediction.

For fifth fang, we should probably wait til we see some more feats from him before saying anything conclusive.

On a side note, has anyone managed to calc the Julius vs Wakatsuki earthquake? It'll probably be something decent.

Another thing just occurred to me:

Shouldn't we give Ohma's Demonsbane a "varies" rating, since it relies on him taking the force of his opponents blow, adding his own power, and redirecting it back at his opponent? Basically, shouldn't it read: "Wall level physically, Varies, up to at least Small Building level via Demonsbane"?

I think we also have to take distances into consideration since the quake shook the whole stadium (which is pretty large) along with some of the surrounding forrest.

That really doesn't matter, since it's hard to find the correct size. Even a scale 2 earthquake would shake a stadium like that, the general result wouldn't be any different.

Still, if we do go with Ritcher scale 2 and others agree with it, that puts both of them at 3 times above baseline 9-A. For all I know Ritcher 1.5 is more accurate but it can be discussed.

By that definition, it can go up to magnitude 5.9, since the stadium is hardly poorly-built. Of course, that's ridiculously unlikely, but still.

Here's an interesting premise:

Ohma gets a second chance to compete in the Kengan Tournament. He's completely healthy, memory fully restored, and no Chi Blockage restrictions.

He faces the exact same opponents, but no prior knowledge from his last bout in the matches. Does he clear, or does the Beards Devil Lance still pierce through his MC status?

Kuroki Gensai still destroys him. The tournament leaves it as clear as possible, Kuroki can only be described as an incredible freak of nature.

Yet he's the most woefully "normal, grounded" kind of freak that just pulls off what everyone else can do, but to a level of pure skill and refinement that it feels like it threads into downright supernatural shenanigan. It would let us see a way better fight where Ouma can really stack every last drop on him without it seeming like he was gonna drop dead at any moment just trying that.

To actually have more than a small chance of winning, I see Ouma needing to train even more and reach a higher level than the one at the end of the manga.

It's arguable considering even Kuroki himself states that only if he fought Ohma at peak form would this match be fairer. Though that doesn't mean he could win against the mighty beard

I'm imagining his literal beard doing that. Pretty swell I say.

Also likely gonna cross compare all feats in Kengan once I get to rereading it. Complete with word feats with varying levels of validity depending on how great one's been accurately observing others.

Also also, I think the wall busting feat early in chapter 1 might be a nice lil benchmark to keep around.

Idk, I think that Peak Ohma's got a 50% chance at winning.

Even while dead tired, suffering severe injuries all over his bodies and only being able to barely move his body through the use of Niko Style techniques, Ohma still managed to impress Kuroki to the point where he wished that Ohma were healthy so that they could have a better fight.

Even then, he managed to use Redirection Kata to divert or lessen several of Kuroki's "finishing blows" and was even noted to have surpassed Prime Niko in his use of the Redirection Kata.

Add that with the fact that Ohma could survive quite a few of Kuroki's serious blows, and managed to even surprise him despite Kuroki's mastery of Foresight and Ohma's lack there of, and I think that there's at least a 50/50 chance that a Prime Ohma could win.

I don't think it's that crazy considering that Ohma performed all of the above while barely being able to move, servilely injured, using a watered down version of he Advance and literarily in the process of dying.

Also agreed that the chapter 1 wall bust will probably have great results.

I disagree mainly because of the fact that we are thinking of all the great things Ouma could do, but to me that would already be disregarding what Kuroki did. The battle against Sei makes it clear where Agito stands and what he's capable of. Despite this, Kuroki merely sees, adapts and counters with his refined technique like always. And it wasn't even a close match, Kuroki would dutifully be 'overpowered' by something new from Agito and then make it near useless or counter in short order.

50/50 for Ouma is far too hopeful for me. The best I could see happening is a 10/90. The only other person in the tournament that was a terrifying monster couldn't even make Kuroki look distressed by the end of their fight, and I am not about to think Ouma was superior to Agito.

Back