• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse General Discussion Board

I think it's more he doesn't know the specifics of how fast he can be and how much range the guy has. Even if you match the speed of someone or can predict them it's hard to move on the fly if there's things like AOE or wider reach probs.

Would it be possible to calc in general how fast something like the arm of someone so gigantic would have to be to disappear from view despite the amount of distance its traveling to cause those whip strikes? A lot of people from a lot of angles and from pretty far away are all watching but all, except for the fighters, seem to see his attack as sudden explosions and his arms vanshing.

Perhaps wouldn't neat a result as good as Gensai's feat, but still.

Yeah I think so. Someone did it for Suiryu back then. Not sure what came of it but it got a good feat. Though in comparisons the motion was so fast and there were so many actions so they ended up getting sub rel or something.

But in this case we can use the fact that the first strike was so fast that his arm had already returned before people heard the noise. So at minimum I think that's supersonic.

DMUA is up for doing it. Help gathering scans for the arm whipping feat and the size of the colisseum?

Also, at the baseline it seems like Bando should end up in high hipersonic.

We could find someone else to check the Bando feat. Mostly the bit where Hatsumi manages to dodge from close range, or reacts in time to make his body go limp a moment before impact.

He also thinks the Watatsumi - Julius clash should count as Category 3, so that's Building level. Could make someone else check it just in case, but it corroborates with Ohma even if it's potentially higher.

My only exposure to this franchise is the 2 issue street fighter crossover. However, I am a Baki fan and every fellow member of that fanbase has recommended this to me. So I'm quite curious.

Where would I start? And how? I know Netflix recently announced a series they're doing but it's by the same people that did 2018 berserk (gross) so I'd rather ask the fans.

And no that crossover is not canon......unfortunately

do not watch the netflix show. promise me. but regardless, ill link u the first chapter. now, u have to read kengan ashura first, the kengan ashura zero second, and finally, kengan omega. they are all kinda short esc tbh https://*********.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua

Avoid the Netflix anime like the plague

Not because it's different from the manga or anything, it's just an assault to the senses

It's Berserk 2016 levels of bad

The Netflix anime hasn't even come out yet. How about saving the opinions until ''after'' you've seen it?

Look guys, I'm trying to be positive here, BUT LOOK AT THIS!

How can they do my bois Gaolong and Gensai like this? I could barely even recognize Raian. Cosmo doesn't look too bad tbh.

Still, judging by the trailers and the artwork released for the series as of now, I have a strong feeling this anime is gonna be Berserk 2016 levels of bad.

same lol albeit, for those that have been reading kengan omega, WHO THA **** IS READY FOR THE HYPE OF THE OG CHARACTERS COMING BACK? I ******* AM.

I actually don't know if I would consider it to be a shockwave; for one, we don't see a shockwave effect on-panel such as what we see when Wakatsuki and Julius clash, and for two we see Ohma with his fist extended outright having rocketed forward during the punch and dug a trench from the impact.

I think it'd be a stretch to try and calc it as a shockwave, personally, and see the potential for it being accused of wank. With the info we have, I think the calc I went with is most-accurate. I can try to scrounge together a shockwave calc, however

Also, I jotted down the maths for the Julius barbell-compression, and due to how tiny a barbell is in volume, it's actually pretty pathetic compared to his other showings since he doesn't fully compress the cast iron plates. I left the calc incomplete at roughly 86k joules for crumpling that bar, just for reference.

It's a feat, but it's so inferior to his other feats that we're better off just using the F1 car or the shockwave-clash with Wakatsuki feat in general

A calc for Mikazuchi's speed should be simple enough, the shockwave feat where he hits Kuroki may be a bit suspect though

ok thanks. but yeah, shockwaves suck lol im just trying to think of other good feats. hmm... quick question- calcs can be made based off of statements right? like, remember gaolong's rival guy, whose bones are as hard as steel? if we ever got a calc for his speed, could we calc the KE of steel flying that fast?

Yes absolutely, basing his skeleton's density off of that of steel since they're pretty similar by statement. His Hammer of Burma would be interesting

Can someone get the Gensai speed feat calc and put it up on this wiki? The one that came out as Hypersonic to Hypersonic+. I can't seem to find it, and I don't remember who did the calc itself.

Of note, Kuroki Gensai's feat is EXPLICITLY NOT A REACTION FEAT.

We need to be crystal clear on that point, it's more of a pre-action feat than a reaction feat. The manga chapter wherein Kuroki has his infamous bullet feat is 199, and in the same chapter narration goes on to break down his 'Foresight' technique and outright states he was moving before the bullet was fired to give context to said infamous feat. This may seem to be a pedantic distinction, but it's an absurdly important one to be sure. In the entire fight vs Makzuchi Rei, we get repeated reiteration on this fact.

Just something I want us to be very explicit about

We repeatedly get that information spammed to us

But in all scenes showed there is no way for Kuroki to move first or moving. Heck in those pictures, his right hand is steady and he moves it just as Rei is already in front of him. Even then his body should have to move at the very least half the time in order to move and react.

I was heavily against this too but the more I read about it the more contradictory the information becomes.

Heck Niko has a bullet feat, but he actually moves to the path of the bullet despite being far from it in the first place. There's definitely pre-reactions, but remember that they also have no idea when to react (considering the bullet feat was done with the purpose of being as hard to predict as possible) so it has to be a mix of prediction and reactions.

It's not even spam, it's objective information that the character himself gives us.

The claim that we don't see Kuroki move in the bullet feat is because the entire feat happens off-panel; we just have an entire chapter dedicated to giving us the context of it as I have shown.

The best way to settle it would be to give Kuroki Gensai and Kanoh Agito a form of precognition imho, since they both are explicit masters of pre-movement. To presume they can react to bullets when we are given objective reaction times (18 ms for Kanoh) and Kuroki scales to that would be fallacious and easily disproven, and the CRTs would be shot down instantly for falsifying information

its not precog, at all. in his fights in the tournament, all he does is read muscle mass, while the in the gunshot scene, he obviously knew the gun was gonna be fired

still doenst make it precog, since he explains that all he does is limit rei's options and his own, by guessing where the best attacks would be next. i think he says it himself, but i would need to check. and even if he didnt, he doenst have powers. he is not muteba. so its impossible for it to be precog.

ps just noticed u already talked about premovement lol

Back