• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Care to show where? Santana went through the ventilation shaft instead of digesting everything to get out of his testing cell. He took all of the bullets and didn't digest any of them. Pills Men are supposed to digest on touch, Stroheim still pulled a piece of Kars' hand off using his cyborg, metal arm.

If they have digested non biologic materials, I'd like to see where.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Care to show where? Santana went through the ventilation shaft instead of digesting everything to get out of his testing cell. He took all of the bullets and didn't digest any of them. Pills Men are supposed to digest on touch, Stroheim still pulled a piece of Kars' hand off using his cyborg, metal arm.
If they have digested non biologic materials, I'd like to see where.
Literally any time a pillar man digested someone they digested the clothing and any accessories with them

The C'tan and the Necrons have no connection to the warp, while virutally everything else in the setting does. The C'tan are masters of the physical universe and are capable of bending the laws of reality because they can manipulate virtually every facet of it. Electromagnetic spectrum, anti-matter, time, matter, etc.. they manipulate these things based on abilities that are not psychic, magic or spiritual and simply inborn to them. The Necron achieve things through technology while having no Soul due to bio-tranferance and the fact the C'tan devoured their souls.

The C'tan and the Necrons are are exceptions not the rule in-universe. Humans, Orks, Eldar, and Tau are all connected to Warp even if it's only because they are alive and have a soul. Even Tyranids (not sure if they've got actual souls) are connected through the psychic Hivemind, which can influence and touch the Warp and can be blocked out by the Culexus.

Based on what I just said, I think I could give hypothetical examples of characters who would and wouldn't be affected by a Culexus, if people so wish.

Also, as for the thing with Psyk-pit grenades. Here's where the current page description comes from. (To the bottom right.)

That still doesn't change the fact that they even don't null "everything magical or supernatural" in their own verse.

That still doesn't prove it works on randoms. It says "most" not even all, and most creatures have some connection to the Warp, and based on the 'most" part it probably just means that those that have a stronger latent connection, not "literally everything and everyone".

Literally everyone is connected to the warp. The question is how much. Normal humans for instance have very low presence in the warp, which is why they are almost immune to the effects of the Culexus, and only get a bad feeling around it because their latent psychic powers tell them they should be afraid.

The Culexus is the only one that doesn't have any connection to the warp, thanks to their special genes, that's why they are the anti-psychers.

HierophantDeluxe said:
If Culexus kills Kars with a touch and he can't do anything about it, is this not a stomp?
I'm fine with the souless husk for now.
Smashor is actually trying to find some 8-C character who can beat the Culexus, so I wouldn't be surprised if this would be a stomp

Why are you finding an 8C to beat the Cuelexus

....When we already decided that he was the strongest 8C

I mean, they do have weaknesses. And, even remaining firmly in 3D, there are some higher tiered characters I'm fairly confident can beat them (For example, Dark Samus).

The thing is, while what they null is common in 8-C, they don't null everything. So basically you need somebody that can avoid getting touched and actually hit them who has purely biological powers. Such characters exist.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Yes, and? Soul hax is still a win condition, and so is Tsurubami screwing up and accidentally frenzying the assassin
The literal entire point behind these matches is finding an 8C to beat him....

Read the first sentence of the OP....

Well, he was already willing to do a match with Kars so it cannot be that extreme of a limitation. I do have someone in mind if he wants someone of lower AP

If someone weaker is what he wants, then try Dr. Gerald. I do not think his "powers" would have a warp presence.

The Smashor said:
Use somebody with a higher AP? Heh. That defeats what I'm trying to accomplish.

Rules: Speed Equalized. This is base Kars. Otherwise SBA.
Everything you need to know is in the OP

The thought of Gerald ramming into Culexus in some shitty ass station wagon blasting highway to hell amuses me to no end.

Kars' powers are purely biological so no null. Passive mind-hax still screws though. And why did you bring this up on a 1 yeard old thread.

Planck69 said:
Kars' powers are purely biological so no null. Passive mind-hax still screws though. And why did you bring this up on a 1 yeard old thread.
Wait, what..

Damn it, I always reply on old threads without checking the date on the last reply..

Back