• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As for the other questions:

• Ephrael Stern is a thing but she's more just her own personal outlier in general. Rebuking a Culexus assassin wasn't the weirdest thing she's done.
  • I think they generally can't affect alpha plus psykers but that's dudes like emperor, Magnus, malcador, eldrad, so it's more just a feat flr them. They're so powerful they can't be classified properly on the scale, and with Magnus it was a group of many and he was still weakened, just not enough to stop him from slicing them up

"Nemesis is a weird book"

All of JoJo's god tiers are from a weird book. Novel Kars is from a weird book. I would be a massive hypocrite if I complained here.

Personally, I think each individual type of Assassin of the Officio Assassinorum should have a seperate profile. Culexus could have a non-canon book key. We already have 1-B null and 8-C already can't handle it, what's a few more tiers up?

Why not have an 8-C with tier 0 Powernull? Sky's the limit when you don't give a sh-

Just like psykers culexuses operate on a scale but SBA means all culexuses are Omega minus I guess

Oh yeah just remembered part of the necron plan to defeat chaos is manufactured pariahs (what Culexus assassins are) alongside killing all life.

Nemesis also has things like Constantin Valdor being able to be in serious danger from a 9-Cish weapon because he had no shirt on and a daemon that was bound to a Culexus assassin. Nemesis being strange is why I haven't made the file for that specific assassin.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Warhammer 40,000! Like the Suggsverse, but they actually tried with the story! I'm not venting, you're venting!

Seriously though, I refuse to beleive they made these characters this overpowered by mistake. They somehow knew about Versus Debating before it got popular.

They nullify magic and they really weren't kidding about it

You can still just be a robot and beat one to death if you catch it though

They have a niche that they absolutely demolish people in, and there's no reason to ever use them otherwise. Also blanks are one in a billion and most blanks can't be culexus so there can't be more than like 10k in a verse where armies number in the trillions

Wokistan said:
There's also that time where Erebus tried to use a super Culexus to kill the emperor and it was apparently a legitimate thread (though I personally doubt that one and nemesis is a weird book)
Considering in more recent times, several dozen blanks were used in an attempt to stop demon Magnus, and he just kind of went "lol k" and murdered them with a big sword instead, while simultaneously fighting Guilliman, I think this is a fair doubt.

By the way, while I have the Warhammer experts here, how strong is the average Warhammer character's null? (I.E. everyone but Kharn and the Culexus).

The Smashor said:
By the way, while I have the Warhammer experts here, how strong is the average Warhammer character's null? (I.E. everyone but Kharn and the Culexus).
Depends entirely on what you mean by the average character. A lot of characters have the power of "shutting down powers through sheer force of will due to the nature of the Warp", but for the vast majority of people, it's incredibly minor and/or luck based unless in a large enough group powered by strong enough belief.

Most characters in the verse dont even make it past like 8-C and are mostly haxless so... yeah.

If we are talking the average actual relevent character then id refer you to Azzy.

The example I was thinking of was Ahzek Ahrima, beacuse I wanted to make a match with him but if his null is too good then it just won't work outright.

I compare the two in the way that they seem tailor made to be overpowered, although Warhammer has a much better story and has a purpose for existing other then having overpowered characters.

He has legit 1-A Type 8 since Tzeen doesnt want him to die since Tzeen likes him Ahriman because Ahriman hates the squid ovo.

I know this is a joke but I feel I should point out that Ahriman being saved by Tzeentch isn't combat applicable. Kind of like when the Chaos Gods saved Abaddon by BFRing him.

Wasnt Ahriman able to Null Yncarne whos the Matrium form of a 1-A (Though only one of his things are 1-A)?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I know this is a joke but I feel I should point out that Ahriman being saved by Tzeentch isn't combat applicable. Kind of like when the Chaos Gods saved Abaddon by BFRing him.
This will be ignored for memes

Yncarne's materium form isn't 1-A. He's Tier 4. His powers are just extremely busted and Ahriman dumped him somewhere where it didn't seem like he could sustain his existence and the people trapped there couldn't see or act against him. Their powers still seemed to work (like when Yvraine resurrected those 1k Sons), just not against Ahriman.

The Smashor said:
You know what? I think I'll just use Typhus instead.
Typhus isnt a smurf afaik (Though I wouldnt be surprised if the Destroyer Hive was smurfy) but hes still pretty busted.

Sort of, yeah. He's like a mini embodiment of Ynnead that can use some of his powers, but I don't think it's as direct as something like the Emperor. I still need to read those Eldar novels.

Think the best thing the yncarne did was permakill greater daemons.

tbf that is still insane.

PsychoWarper said:
Typhus isnt a smurf afaik (Though I wouldnt be surprised if the Destroyer Hive was smurfy) but hes still pretty busted.
Typhus has one potentially busted thing and that's the fact that his space AIDs scythe was dipped in Nurgle's own personal diseases at the heart of his domain. Other than that he's just a rather powerful but very specialized psyker. So he's not terribly hard to make fights for in comparison to some other guys.

Wokistan said:
Think the best thing the yncarne did was permakill greater daemons.
tbf that is still insane.
The feat of parting the Warp is in all honesty likely better, but yeah the daemon thing is probably a better display of an actual power.

Sort of, yeah. He's like a mini embodiment of Ynnead that can use some of his powers, but I don't think it's as direct as something like the Emperor. I still need to read those Eldar novels.
This is heresy ovo

Anyway we've gone off topic and should get back to the match at hand.

PsychoWarper said:
Typhus has one potentially busted thing and that's the fact that his space AIDs scythe was dipped in Nurgle's own personal diseases at the heart of his domain. Other than that he's just a rather powerful but very specialized psyker. So he's not terribly hard to make fights for in comparison to some other guys.
He has the Destroyer Hive that overwhemed the Damon Primarch Mort iirc.

I'm actually gonna jump in on Livin, he brings up something I've meant to talk about for a while. While I think the extent to which he goes, but he is right that it would only work on things that would equalize to the warp. Anything that would equalize to something more akin to the C'tan, who have plenty of hax in their own right, wouldn't have their abilities nullified by blanks like Culexus.

This isn't a downgrade, it's a misinterpretation of what equals to what in verse equalization

Back