• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Novel Kars can survive soul destruction, but this is not Novel Kars and this Kars doesnt have that feat.

Current Kars becomes a soulless husk for the reasons above.

@Ovens

Technically your the first person to vote but I know what you mean.

@Everyone

Should I change it to Ultimate Kars, or would that change nothing?

What was rejected was to change the standard assumption for souls for the real world. Meaning that the real world will not be immune to soul manip.

So yes Cuelux lovetaps.

I'm going to have to say Culexus doesn't "lovetap'. I have asked Wokistan to provide scans of his soulhax working on a non psycher or Daemon or a closely Warp related creature, and he hasn't done so. And considering his hax is explicitly stated to be completely useless to non psychers/Daemons/similar there's no reason to assume it would work on Kars, unless proof is provided that it does work.

HierophantDeluxe said:
It says rejected Yobo. The entire revision was rejected.

Culexus touches Kars and gets digested.
Hence why Kars will get killed when Culexus taps him

Did you read the thread?

I mean Kars himself is no ordinary creature. Does Culexus hax negation work on only Warp based or similar beings?

Sir Ovens said:
I mean Kars himself is no ordinary creature. Does Culexus hax negation work on only Warp based or similar beings?
I'd make the argument that it would work on anything magical, spiritual or psychic/psionic related.

Hmm... That would be a problem considering Kars is biological in nature.

Sir Ovens said:
Hmm... That would be a problem considering Kars is biological in nature.
Honestly, the Culexus' best bet is to utilize stealth and his negative aura, hit Kars with a psyk-out grenade and then proceed to just keep blasting him until his mind gives out.

Ogbunabali said:
Psyk-out grenade is useless vs non psychers or Daemons. It literally does nothing.
Made from psi-refractive particles gathered from the Golden Throne, Psyk-out Grenades are effective on normal beings, and even more effective on abnormal ones. Sentient beings who do not make use of psychic or magical powers will simply lose conscious thought, making them easy targets.

- This is straight from the profile.

EDIT: These also work on Daemons. Lesser Daemons get banished, Greater Daemons get weakened.

Og, actually go get Wok or Azzi for this because until then, that's how we treat the Culexus. Also, with the massive range of things people do with the Warp, saying it's just warp related shenanigans feels dishonest.

So yes, Culexus still takes this. This is decades of new editions and retcons and hundreds of novels from various authors. Its best you actually talk with the people that were related to making the thread before one sidedly deciding how we treat the Culexus.

I have taken this to Wokistan. And he hasn't provided any scans, as I said above, and Azathoth is inactive right now because he is very busy. And that scan I'm pretty sure it's the most recent one.

And just because it has worked like this "so far" doesn't mean that it hasn't worked on, as far as I can see, false information. Because I haven't seen anything to suggest that they can do what's being claimed they can.

Try with Matt then, as he's also more intimately related to WH if I remember right.

The fact that it has worked like this so far means something must have been decided about it so deciding without dealing with the people that did it leads nowhere. This is the same tabletop that had clueless cultist praying Mechanicus early in it's life, while today most show actual deep understanding in a variety of fields. Then there's the high ranking ones where it gets ridiculous.

My main issue is "it's not supernatural, it's warp". Like... warp is directly related to everything supernatural in WH unless super technology does it. We equalize magic systems that aren't even very similar because "magic", we assume any normal person gets Genjutsu'ed because unless reasons, everyone has Chakra. What's making warp different? That the ones that use it are "Psykers"?

Except this has been consistent since like "Codex: Assassins (3rd Edition)" which came out in 1999. And that's a logical fallacy. I don't know where this "oh it works on everyone" thing came from on this wiki, because in the actual lore I couldn't find a single line that would support it and no one has provided me with any evidence.

And that's completely false. Culexus's powers don't even work on everything in it's own verse, and "all supernatural is war" is so wrong. The C'tan have zero warp presence and they have their own reality warping and supernatural powers, and the Cuelxus is useless against them.

If the Culexus's powers don't work on everything in their own verse, why should they work on everything in every verse.

Because the C'Tan are not supernatural in anyway despite their obviously weird powers. They are completely disconnected from the Warp and were always there as far as we know (or that I remember) munching on stars. I'm not opposed to Warp not working on everything since there are difficult cases, but on people with magical powers that have nothing to do with the Natural World, which C'Tans are supposed to represent? Powers related to the soul? Characters with souls when souls and emotions and the warp are so closely intertwined?

So for things like soul destruction by touch and whatever else, yes I am not gonna believe you until we get something more out of Wok or Matt. There's too much material, the chance of something that is not in their main profile, or in any of the novels, slipping you exists.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
My main issue is "it's not supernatural, it's warp". Like... warp is directly related to everything supernatural in WH unless super technology does it. We equalize magic systems that aren't even very similar because "magic", we assume any normal person gets Genjutsu'ed because unless reasons, everyone has Chakra. What's making warp different? That the ones that use it are "Psykers"?
I just proved how you were wrong. That means that Culexus's powers don't work on "everything" not even in his own verse, and not even against normal people in his own verse. So saying he "taps" Kars, while Kars has absolutely 0 things that would be considered supernatural in any way, is NLF.

And I have asked Wokistan and he hasn't provided any evidence to suggest what you're saying is correct. And have asked Matthew, waiting for his response.

Actually, checking what you linked again, I am worried how much of that is game mechanics rather than primarily lore ones. Ask any player who will tell you how much of pain in the ass Culexus are to kill. If it were even a bit more effective against anything not psyker (which is still a lot of units), I doubt many would be happy.

Like, see how it mentions a Psychic Rating? If by any chance and correct me if I am wrong, Orkz that aren't Weird Boyz or others with out and out psyker powers don't have a Psychic Rating, wouldn't that mean those Orkz are immune despite it being lore-centric they create a Gestalt psyker field that affects the normal world according to what they think?

I know that they are pain in the ass in game, trust me. And that's been like that even in the lore texts since "Codex: Assassins (3rd Edition)" which came out in 1999, the primer to my knowledge, is the most recent one that's why I used that one.

Can you rephrase that?

Sorry about that, kid came running at me with cake on the face and didn't word that well.

Just tell me if all Orkz have a Psy Rating, even the ones that aren't Weird Boyz or just use Psyker powers.

Checking could be good. After all, we know all Orkz are psychically active because of their gestalt psyker field. But if they don't have a Psy Rating despite this, it would seem even more apparent this is descriptions for the purpose of gameplay mechanics. I don't think I need to explain why a Culexus being unable to affect Orkz even a little would be weird as hell.

Back