• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamijou Touma vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
SchroKatze said:
IB is so powerful that even Magic gods such as Othinus and High Priest can't destroy it permanently. Othinus even intended to use it to reverst the effects of her universal erasure. It also negated Gungnir attack which destroyed every single phase and dimension.
No point in posting this, they left.

Touma wins.

Ainz tries instant death spell

Doesn't work

Ainz sees touma running up to punch him

Ainz is curious about the kid that's equipped in laughably weak clothing and no items and lets him punch him to analyze his strength

Ainz ded

KuuIchigo said:
Imagine Breaker negates passive effects like Angel fall and divine punishment, despite him not touching the source of it. if the power or abiltity of a move reaches him that effect is negated. Accelerator does not have a power radiating from him that reaches IB outside of physical contact. If that makes sense.
Well, Ainz's Greater Teleportation only affects himself, so it doesn't "radiate" power from him that could reach Touma, as it only affects Ainz. Saying Touma can negate Ainz's teleportation by being within his vicinity is like stating that Touma can negate Accelerator's vector field due to just being near him (rather than just making physical contact).

Once Ainz teleports away, we're back to having a great range advantage difference again.

Anyways, I'm out of this thread for now.

If Grasp Heart fails, he'll teleport far away instantly. He's done something similar- when Wish Upon a Star failed against Shalltear's Mind Control, he freaked out and teleported far away on an instant.

I don't know enough about Touma to vote, but Touma will have a hard time hitting him.

Is there any way for Ainz to hurt Touma? Or is this a stomp?

DeathNoodles said:
KuuIchigo said:
Imagine Breaker negates passive effects like Angel fall and divine punishment, despite him not touching the source of it. if the power or abiltity of a move reaches him that effect is negated. Accelerator does not have a power radiating from him that reaches IB outside of physical contact. If that makes sense.
Well, Ainz's Greater Teleportation only affects himself, so it doesn't "radiate" power from him that could reach Touma, as it only affects Ainz. Saying Touma can negate Ainz's teleportation by being within his vicinity is like stating that Touma can negate Accelerator's vector field due to just being near him (rather than just making physical contact).
Once Ainz teleports away, we're back to having a great range advantage difference again.

Anyways, I'm out of this thread for now.
Assuming ainz doesn't get curious like he did in vol 13 and lets himself get punched.

ThePixelKirby said:
If Grasp Heart fails, he'll teleport far away instantly. He's done something similar- when Wish Upon a Star failed against Shalltear's Mind Control, he freaked out and teleported far away on an instant.
I don't know enough about Touma to vote, but Touma will have a hard time hitting him.

Is there any way for Ainz to hurt Touma? Or is this a stomp?
read post above

Wow. I go to work for a couple hours and this whole thread becomes a shitshow. This is inconclusive seeing as neither can actually kill each other. IB neggs all of Ainz's spells and Touma can't catch a teleporting skeleton. I'm out guys so please don't try to convince me otherwise.

OpMasada said:
Assuming ainz doesn't get curious like he did in vol 13 and lets himself get punched.
He probably wouldn't once he tries to block Touma's fist with his fake staff, and once he sees his fake staff being destroyed by said "ordinary boy", he'll panick and then teleport away at a great distance.

"Thousand Bone Lance: A spell that unearths an uncountable amount of bone spikes that shoot at the target from all directions."

Also, how would Touma even be able to handle this? While his IB can apparently nullify supernatural effects that directly influences him, he still needs physical contact with his right hand to nullify projectiles (hence, why you always see Touma raising his right hand to block and negate supernatural projectiles sent at him, which implies they can still hurt him if they make contact with his body that's not his right hand).

As Touma's IB comes from his right hand, he won't be able to block the bone spears attacking him from all directions at once (and speed equalise doesn't cover Attack Speed. Thousand Bone Lance is evidently fast enough that even someone like Shalltear, who has Supersonic+ speed, needs Teleportation to dodge it rather than physically avoid it), thus he'll get heavily injured or even get one-shotted as he still has normal human weaknesses (and his Planet level durability applies only to his Imagine Breaker, not his entire body). Touma would have difficulty against multiple attacks being used at once, especially since he only has his right hand to negate the projectiles (where Ainz's Thousand Bone Lance is basically his own version of Danmaku, though I'm not sure why it's not added to his profile).

So all arguments for IB Killing Ainz relies on

A) Ainz allowing himself to get hit (Not only OOC, but also assuming Touma could actually hit Ainz)

B) Ainz doesn't just immediately kill Touma without ever giving Imagine Breaker the chance to cancel anything

C) Ainz cannot kill Touma with match start. Even if IB makes Touma completely immune to instant death, Ainz has literally anything else that'd 1-shot Touma. Black Hole comes to mind. Try cancelling something when your hand is halfway across the other side of the universe, or Paralysis. Try cancelling something that doesn't even touch you.

and D) Ainz, seeing Kamijou is fodder human tier, just spawns a few skeletons to deal with him, to which the Skeletons promptly 1-shot Kamijou in Ainz's place.

To everyone saying Imagine Breaker negs all of Ainz's spells... Just no. So many of them aren't projectiles and are instant it's insane. If Ainz uses a wind spell and just cuts off Touma's limbs, the hell is he gonna do? Or if Ainz spawns in 3 skeletons stronger than the average man. What then? Kamijou is utterly screwed.

Akreious said:
So all arguments for IB Killing Ainz relies on

A) Ainz allowing himself to get hit (Not only OOC, but also assuming Touma could actually hit Ainz)

B) Ainz doesn't just immediately kill Touma without ever giving Imagine Breaker the chance to cancel anything

C) Ainz cannot kill Touma with match start. Even if IB makes Touma completely immune to instant death, Ainz has literally anything else that'd 1-shot Touma. Black Hole comes to mind. Try cancelling something when your hand is halfway across the other side of the universe, or Paralysis. Try cancelling something that doesn't even touch you.

and D) Ainz, seeing Kamijou is fodder human tier, just spawns a few skeletons to deal with him, to which the Skeletons promptly 1-shot Kamijou in Ainz's place.

To everyone saying Imagine Breaker negs all of Ainz's spells... Just no. So many of them aren't projectiles and are instant it's insane. If Ainz uses a wind spell and just cuts off Touma's limbs, the hell is he gonna do? Or if Ainz spawns in 3 skeletons stronger than the average man. What then? Kamijou is utterly screwed.
One of the arguments was that Ainz gets killed once Touma touches him with his right hand (due to Ainz being a supernatural being, and that IB would work on him as he's not natural in "this base phase", thus his very being gets nullified).

Either way, I'm pretty sure Touma gets overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of Ainz's Thousand Bone Lance, which attacks him in all directions (it's Danmaku basically).

It is actually incredibly in character and you don't need to look far to see him doing it.

Can't kill him when it is negated.

Assuming this works (It doesn't i'm just entertaining the idea), You do realize that by doing so would just release IT, instantly reducing any chance Ainz had to 0%

Paralysis gets negated. what are you talking about. You can't paralyze someone without the effect affecting him. Think you're confused by the discussion above.

Which he won't do with the range and gets prompty punched in the face trying to cast a summoning spell 5 metres away from a opponent.

To everyone saying Imagine Breaker negs all of Ainz's spells... Just no.

Just yes. IB feats> every single feat in overlord times about, infinity.

So many of them aren't projectiles and are instant it's insane.

They don't need to be either of those to be negated,

If Ainz uses a wind spell and just cuts off Touma's limbs, the hell is he gonna do?

Do nothing because it gets negated. also IT says hello and solos the verse.

Or if Ainz spawns in 3 skeletons stronger than the average man. What then? Kamijou is utterly screwed.

lol Ainz knows better than to try cast summoning spells within melee range. also that is actually OOC.

Also what's the vote count?

"One of the arguments was that Ainz gets killed once Touma touches him with his right hand (due to Ainz being a supernatural being, and that IB would work on him as he's not natural in "this base phase", thus his very being gets nullified)."

Which also doesn't make sense for other reasons.

A) Imagine Breaker returns anything to absolute normality. Even assuming Ainz' body is 100% supernatural, a soul isn't supernatural (Unless you're suddenly saying IB is SOUL HAX now). Ainz resurrects regardless since for all intents and purposes, he had just died. And hey, his body's existence was the thing negated; not the powers of... any of his items.

One of the arguments was that Ainz gets killed once Touma touches him with his right hand (due to Ainz being a supernatural being, and that IB would work on him as he's not natural in "this base phase", thus his very being gets nullified)."

If you can't understand it I can't help you. read his profile.

A) Imagine Breaker returns anything to absolute normality. Even assuming Ainz' body is 100% supernatural, a soul isn't supernatural (Unless you're suddenly saying IB is SOUL HAX now). Ainz resurrects regardless since for all intents and purposes, he had just died. And hey, his body's existence was the thing negated; not the powers of... any of his items.

Cool. he negates ainz and then negates any items on him. ding ding ding.

KuuIchigo said:
One of the arguments was that Ainz gets killed once Touma touches him with his right hand (due to Ainz being a supernatural being, and that IB would work on him as he's not natural in "this base phase", thus his very being gets nullified)."

... Greater Teleportation. He's not going to let Touma get close to him, especially once he sees one of his items get destroyed by Touma just from making contact with his right hand. He'll then teleport away and overwhelm Touma using his Danmaku via his Thousand Bone Lance.

@DeathNoodles, Thousand Bone Lance is nothing compared to what Touma has reacted to, the most prominent is Orthinus' bow which fires 10 arrows all of which has enough power to destroy one or two planets even though they are fired with such speed that instead of causing an explosion they would pierce right through them without the impact propagating.

While that alone is impressive the more impressive part is him being able to reacte to two specific arrows, one of which ignore the limilations of the thrid dimension while the other ignores the concept of numbers and cause a torrential rain of arrows that colored the night sky like stars.

I'm not voteing for this by the way just making a point.

JBennett said:
@DeathNoodles, Thousand Bone Lance is nothing compared to what Touma has reacted to, the most prominent is Orthinus' bow which fires 10 all of which has enough power to destroy one or two planets even though they are fired with such speed that instead of causing an explosion they would pierce right through them without the impact propagating.

While that alone is impressive the more impressive part is him being able to reacte to two specific arrows, one of which ignore the limilations of the thrid dimension while the other ignores the concept of numbers and cause a torrential rain of arrows that colored the night sky like stars.

I'm not voteing for this by the way just making a point.
The first one sounds like an AP feat, not a speed feat. The second one sounds like hax that has nothing to do with the number of its attacks. Also, those are only 10 or 2 projectiles. Thousand Bone Lance shoots out projectiles much more than 2 or 10, and it surrounds Touma from all directions. Touma literally can't block them all as he only has his right hand to do so.

Even with speed equalised, Touma is only an ordinary human. He can't block them all before at least some of them impales him.

KuuIchigo said:

Uh. The hell?

Imagine Breaker is concentrated into Kamijou's right hand. How is it negating items that it never touched... ever? Smells like NLF to me.

"It is actually incredibly in character and you don't need to look far to see him doing it."

Name me any time he did so without going into incredible lengths doing scouting first. Name me one scenario. I cannot for the life of me name one.

"Can't kill him when it is negated."

Again, NLF. IB is concentrated on the right hand, not Kamijou's entire body. Grasp Heart at worst crushes his heart, so unless you're telling me Kamijou is going to INSTINCTIVELY smack his heart area when he feels faint...

"Assuming this works (It doesn't i'm just entertaining the idea), You do realize that by doing so would just release IT, instantly reducing any chance Ainz had to 0%

Paralysis gets negated. what are you talking about. You can't paralyze someone without the effect affecting him. Think you're confused by the discussion above."

Okay, I'm not sure where you're getting this but when the hell has Imagine Breaker ever been displayed to work across Kamijou's ENTIRE body? Ainz isn't going to say, paralyze someone's hand.

"Which he won't do with the range and gets prompty punched in the face trying to cast a summoning spell 5 metres away from a opponent."

And Ainz just lets himself get punched... why? Instanteous Thought-Based Teleportation? Information Scouting? You may not think he'd do this, but humans are literally the most abundant form of player in Yggdrasill dude.

Also Skeletons take like, no time to cast. They're literal fodder that can be spawned in groups in mere seconds at worst.

"Just yes. IB feats> every single feat in overlord times about, infinity.

So many of them aren't projectiles and are instant it's insane.

They don't need to be either of those to be negated,

If Ainz uses a wind spell and just cuts off Touma's limbs, the hell is he gonna do?

Do nothing because it gets negated. also IT says hello and solos the verse."

Just saying it negates the spells is well and dandy, but until you give me a feat of it negating spells that aren't projectiles and happen instantly, your arguments fall fat onto it's face. It's your job to prove that Imagine Breaker can negate something it's never shown to negate, not my job.

"lol Ainz knows better than to try cast summoning spells within melee range. also that is actually OOC."

You know what's also OOC? Taking a hit without making sure he's safe first. Literally any of his battles. When he went to meet Guu, he brought Mare along as a flipping threat detector.

Othinus Crossbow: A spell that fires ten arrows in quick succession. All of these arrows hold enough power to destroy one or two planets, even though they are fired with such speed, that instead of causing an explosion they would pierce right through them without the impact propagating. When Othinus uses this spell the world can be heard creaking, as the world itself acts as the crossbow that launches the arrows. Because of this fact, the arrows can be fired from multiple directions: not only can they be fired from Othinus' general direction, they can fall vertically from the heavens to smash an enemy, they can be fired from behind the enemy or they can burst up from the ground. Additionally, Othinus can grant her arrows special properties, such as making them surpass the restrictions of the third dimension, making the arrow teleport and instantly appear by splitting space ope; or she can make the arrow ignore the concept of numbers and cause a torrential rain of arrows that colored the night sky like stars.

First this is a speed feat though not the main feat, and second you completly ignored about what I said bout those two special Arrows.

>Just saying it negates the spells is well and dandy, but until you give me a feat of it negating spells that aren't projectiles and happen instantly, your arguments fall fat onto it's face.

Hello Ars Magna.

And to those arguing about speed...

"SBA

5 meters

Speed equalized

Base Touma v Ainz with his regular gear

Profiles: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Ainz_Ooal_Gow https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Kamijou_Touma"

And if speed is unequalized...

Ainz "Speed: Supersonic+ (Should be comparable to Albedo; fought with and defeated Shalltear; capable of moving so quickly that he creates a vacuum of unknown size)"

Kamijou "Speed: Peak Human (Fast enough to fight and dodge attacks from multiple people at the same time), though he can defend himself from much faster supernatural ranged attacks via Precognition (His Precognition works by unconsciously reacting to the opponent's involuntary movements prior to an attack, so it doesn't work against people like Saints who move too fast for him to react to)"

Also note that Ainz' spells are fast enough to at least hit Shalltear and forced her to use teleportation; Hypersonic. Kamijou as he is now is only Peak human. Speed Unequalized, pretty sure Ainz flat out blitzes.

DeathNoodles said:
Yeah Touma can negate all directional attacks by erasing one which makes a breaking after effect that causes a chain reaction and creates a meter safe spot that shouldnt exist causing errors in the trajectory of the countless other attacks. Hes done this against Water Minor Arcana of Tarot, an all angle attack from Black Wings...etc. Speed also isn't an issue here due to precog which has reacted to Lighnting, Railgun, Black Wings etc

JBennett said:
Othinus Crossbow: A spell that fires ten arrows in quick succession. All of these arrows hold enough power to destroy one or two planets, even though they are fired with such speed, that instead of causing an explosion they would pierce right through them without the impact propagating. When Othinus uses this spell the world can be heard creaking, as the world itself acts as the crossbow that launches the arrows. Because of this fact, the arrows can be fired from multiple directions: not only can they be fired from Othinus' general direction, they can fall vertically from the heavens to smash an enemy, they can be fired from behind the enemy or they can burst up from the ground. Additionally, Othinus can grant her arrows special properties, such as making them surpass the restrictions of the third dimension, making the arrow teleport and instantly appear by splitting space ope; or she can make the arrow ignore the concept of numbers and cause a torrential rain of arrows that colored the night sky like stars.

First this is a speed feat though not the main feat, and second you completly ignored about what I said bout those two special Arrows.
...And?

It's not like Ainz's bone spears has a glorified special ability that clones itself, so negating a couple of it wouldn't negate the entire thing. Also, Touma's precognition works by predicting his opponents' movements. Ainz's Thousand Bone Lance works by summoning bone spears from the ground. Touma can't predict where those bone spears are from Ainz's movements (as Ainz is not projecting them from his body). Even with speed equalised, Touma still gets overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Also, it's likely Othinus was holding back (as she was straight up curb-stomping him before she decides to stop killing him due to Plot).

>Ainz blitz's

not sure why ur mentioning this seeings its speed equal but ill entertain this anyway.

touma blocks things much faster than Ainz in his sleep. blocks lightning like it's nobodys business.

all ur other points aren't really worth addressing as others have already done so.

While speed equal doesn't cover Attack Speed, it does cover Reaction Speed. So Touma having the superior reaction speed is a moot point now, as their reaction speed is also equalised.

Yeah Touma can negate all directional attacks by erasing one which makes a breaking after effect that causes a chain reaction and creates a meter safe spot that shouldnt exist causing errors in the trajectory of the countless other attacks. Hes done this against Water Minor Arcana of Tarot, an all angle attack from Black Wings...etc. Speed also isn't an issue here due to precog which has reacted to Lighnting, Railgun, Black Wings etc

Speed equal makes reaction speed a moot point. Also, Touma's precognition wouldn't work on Ainz's Thousand Bone Lance as that spell doesn't summon projectiles from Ainz, it summons them from the ground (so I don't think he can predict the direction of those attacks from Ainz's body movements).

Even if you argue that it can, say hello to Ainz's Complete Invisibility and Perfect Unknowable. I'll doubt Touma can predict Ainz's body movements when he can't even see him (which Ainz can take advantage of. And Ainz would definitely pop out those spells once he's at a distance).

Okay so since my reply was apparently too long (90% quotes), I'll sum up.

1. Ars Magna is basically the warping of reality to one's mind. Very abridged but essentially what it does. This means it effects EVERYTHING, INCLUDING Imagine Breaker. As such, Imagine Breaker would null it. Something like Grasp Heart, again, at worst operates by crushing your heart. Ars Magna and Ainz' instant spells operate fundementally differently.

2. If you actually read my message, you would've seen "And to those arguing about speed...", meaning I'm not the one who originally brought up speed. And even then, Kamijou never displayed lightning feats like you're implying. He's only ever done that via tactics and everything else BUT reaction speed. He isn't a natural Lightning Timer. Plus since this is technically an official matchup, you're going to need to use the stats given on the profiles until a CRT passes and changes it. I hate this rule too but not my choice :/

3. There's also the fact that Imagine Breaker doesn't negate sheer kinetic energy. If Ainz just punches Kamijou, sure he'd get erased (Assuming it actually works) but the sheer energy from Ainz would 1-shot Kamijou then and there.

It's hard for me to see how Touma could survive, much less win this.

If Ainz knows he's in a duel, he uses detect level and sees Touma has no level, or uses detect magic and sees he has a negative magical aura around his right arm. At worst, Ainz only clues into the fact that Touma is dangerous when Touma, as an unleveled and unequipped human, is nullifying his tenth tier area affect spells. Either way, Ainz gets spooked and decides that he shouldn't go anywhere near Touma since he is in completely uncharted territory from Yggdrasil or the new world. He's not testing game mechanics here or putting on theatrics for NPC's - he's not going to take any risks at all.

From here, Ainz has all the tools he would need to avoid ever having to interact with imagine breaker, and pretty much regardless of the environment or tactics Ainz chooses to employ, he's never going to put himself in a situation where Touma can touch him. He just kinda floats around, invisible, goofing around with all his spells (invisible mines, instadeath magic, time magic, reality slashes, greater magic seal bullets, thousand bone lances, etc) until he finds something Touma can't realistically react to and protect himself from using only his right arm. Then he casts that spell until Touma dies.

Touma relies a lot on plot armor to win a lot of fights he would lose if magical index didn't need him around as the protagonist. Accelerator, Mikasa, Kanzaki etc. have no logical reason they should lose to Touma, and they don't have anywhere near the variety of tools Ainz has available to him to work around Imagine Breaker's limitations.

Ainz can only lose here if he inadvertently bumps into Kamijou on the street.

I also have to question Kamijou's Imagine Breaker actually affecting Ainz like people are suggesting. Did Imagine Breaker suddenly gain the ability to turn humans into their base molecules or something because that's not the element's natural state?

If humans don't get affected by Imagine Breaker, neither should Ainz since undead and skeletons are NATURAL occurances in the world. It's like saying Imagine Breaker can negate a tree from growing.

1. Wow. You are so far off the mark you are not even on the board. that's not how it is at all and is at best, bad fanfiction.

Touma negated izzards death command after it was used. if it was able to be negated by IB as u say the effect would of never occured in the first place

2. if you had even the smallest knowledge of the verse, you would know.
Railgun63 0020
You're just throwing claims you have no idea whether are true or not. you're just hoping they stick.
3. It does negate the KE of the supernatural. As seen with mikotos Iron sand or railgun negation, accelerators black wings or fiammas god dam mountain range slicing sword.

please stop spouting nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back