• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamijou Touma vs. Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainz has used Grasp Heart against one of the knights (who I'm pretty sure has absolutely no resistance to magic of Ainz's tier) when he has first entered the New World in Overlord, simply due to not having information of the New World and its inhabitants when he has first entered. He was also willing to use Time Stop against a group of individuals who has invaded his tomb (one of which, includes a petite blonde girl).

Ainz isn't arrogant here. If anything, it's the opposite. He's paranoid, so much that he wouldn't even dare to underestimate a random human if he doesn't know of their capabilities beforehand. He's the type that fights with knowledge, and if he doesn't have knowledge of the enemy he's facing, he tends to overestimate them a tad bit. Thinking that the enemy he is facing is better than they actually are, all simply due to his paranoia when he is facing against an enemy whose capabilities he doesn't even know about (and is known to use spells against them that is considered to be overkill, especially as they are high tiered spells against a very low level enemy in the New World).

Ainz definitely wouldn't be underestimating Touma here. To consider otherwise is to undersell Ainz.

Overlord Volume 8

"Is he on Hamsuke's level?"-Ainz

"Feels that way."-Aura

Like I said he knew he was weak for certain.

@DeathNoodles Ainz using grasp heart was because he wasn't sure how powerful humans (or anything) were in the new world at all. he now realizes they are weak as hell.

and we already went over what you mentioned a fair bit above.

@Jugger that doesn't help your case.

KuuIchigo said:
You mean sensing power levels is all it requires for Ainz to figure they are weak? not take any further preparations? hes sure enough to literally just stand there and get hit over and over?

well he is going to underestimate Touma badly and die.

Schnee One said:
So he uses a threat detector and sees a Touma is ridiculously weaker then him?
Lol by what you people are saying Ainz wouldn't be able to even sense his power with any spell. How do you think thats going to make Ainz react?

I hate when people confuse ainz's caution with paranoia, he's not paranoid of everything on the damn planet, he's cautious (I'm not saying this disproves your point, but it's not paranoia), and the knights in the beginning of the series is a bad example, as ainz was just testing his strength on blatantly hostile people and was planning to run away if they failed.

Because spells tend to fail in Touma's vicinity and even if it works, he sees some weak af boy that basic New World humans could beat.

He has no power. hes a ordinary human that negates powers.

though If Ainz could somehow sense the power within IB (he can't) he would piss himself and BFR himself from the fight to never return.

AnonymousBlank said:
Because spells tend to fail in Touma's vicinity and even if it works, he sees some weak af boy that basic New World humans could beat.
If it fails, which is what people are aruging here, its not going to make Ainz think. "Oh, just a random teenage boy". Its likely going to make him think either a world item is at work here or someone of near strength to him.

KuuIchigo said:
He has no power. hes a ordinary human that negates powers.
though If Ainz could somehow sense the power within IB (he can't) he would piss himself and BFR himself from the fight to never return.
He doesn't need to sense the power, the spell only has to fail, which from what you all are saying, will.

KuuIchigo said:
@DeathNoodles Ainz using grasp heart was because he wasn't sure how powerful humans (or anything) were in the new world at all. he now realizes they are weak as hell.

and we already went over what you mentioned a fair bit above.

@Jugger that doesn't help your case.
He's a mage class by default, not a warrior. Even if we're going along with your underselling of Ainz's character, he would just immediately try to finish the fight with Grasp Heart (at a distance, where he would teleport at a great enough distance that Touma can't cross easily).

His sensing of Touma's threat level isn't passive, so he wouldn't have the time to use it beforehand at 5 meters before he decides to teleport away via thought when Touma tries to punch him. He then sees that Touma somehow negated Grasp Heart and gets paranoid. Once he gets paranoid, he'll doubt that the threat level he senses from Touma is actually true (which I'm sure that it still wouldn't happen, with Imagine Breaker negating Ainz's sensing ability of Touma, making him paranoid in the process), and any chances of Ainz underestimating Touma any further would go out the window.

OpMasada said:
I hate when people confuse ainz's caution with paranoia, he's not paranoid of everything on the damn planet, he's cautious (I'm not saying this disproves your point, but it's not paranoia), and the knights in the beginning of the series is a bad example, as ainz was just testing his strength on blatantly hostile people and was planning to run away if they failed.
Okay?

If anything, that just proves my point on why Ainz doesn't tend to underestimate.

Fight starts.

Touma tries to punch Ainz.

Ainz teleports into the air.

Ainz tries to sense toumas level/power.

It fails on Touma, immediately making Ainz realize the danger of the situtation.

Ainz uses his plethora of spells, instant death first if that fails, then any other damaging spell if that fails, Super Tier magic if that fails. TGOALID which defiently kills Touma, thats it.

Ainz has the luxury to do all of that without even being in danger of dying, Touma cannot even fly, Ainz can do that and teleport.

I vote Ainz.

Ainz has no way to actually beat Touma aside from physically whacking him without getting blocked, which results in

1. He punches at Touma, gets blocked, dies.

2. Swings his staff at Touma, gets blocked, destroyed. Ainz is bloodlusted, refer to point one.

3. Swings his arm at Touma, gets blocked, robe destroyed. Completely open to anything Touma does, he dies.

Spells fail because he is near IB (no teleport/buffs/GH/summons nothing), speed equal means he can't run away since Touma will run after the spooky scary skeleton. This leaves him with only physical attacks which Touma can dodge since Ainz can't even get away to cast spells to catch Touma in the side effects. This fight comes to a one shot scenario which is much easier for Touma since he knows exactly what he needs to do and is used to fighting like this.

KuuIchigo said:
TGOALID does nothing. it fails as easily as everything else.
Are we seriously now trying to say TGOALID does nothing.....

(The Goal of All Life is Death allows Ainz to ignore any types of resistance to his instant-death magic - even immunities or immortality, killing everything from the oxygen in the air to the ground)

KuuIchigo said:
TGOALID does nothing. it fails as easily as everything else.
"Despite being able to negate more powerful attacks, Imagine Breaker can have issues negating powers that are able to regenerate or are receiving a constant supply of power if they are faster than its canceling speed."

Imagine Breaker isn't as absolute as you're making it out to be. It clearly has limitations here.

AnonymousBlank said:
Ainz has no way to actually beat Touma aside from physically whacking him without getting blocked, which results in

1. He punches at Touma, gets blocked, dies.

2. Swings his staff at Touma, gets blocked, destroyed. Ainz is bloodlusted, refer to point one.

3. Swings his arm at Touma, gets blocked, robe destroyed. Completely open to anything Touma does, he dies.

Spells fail because he is near IB (no teleport/buffs/GH/summons nothing), speed equal means he can't run away since Touma will run after the spooky scary skeleton. This leaves him with only physical attacks which Touma can dodge since Ainz can't even get away to cast spells to catch Touma in the side effects. This fight comes to a one shot scenario which is much easier for Touma since he knows exactly what he needs to do and is used to fighting like this.
You didn't take into consideration that Ainz can teleport and fly. Oh, and Ainz is not the type to let Touma get close to him, so the scenario you've just described becomes invalid.

Plus, if Touma negates one of his summons, any chances of Ainz letting Touma get near him goes down the drain, since he just saw one of his undead get nullified out of existence and all.

off the top of my head, it has negated Othinus' Universe busting Spear, Fiamma's Holy Right, Vento's Divine Punishment, negated reality warping, it has negated death, etc.

@Noodles

I did take those into account, look at the second paragraph right after the numbered points. Ainz can't do any of that stuff.

Jugger47 said:
AnonymousBlank said:
If it fails, which is what people are aruging here, its not going to make Ainz think. "Oh, just a random teenage boy". Its likely going to make him think either a world item is at work here or someone of near strength to him.
This is exaggeration...,a world class item? equal to his strength? What the hell? Ainz is cautious but not some paranoid wreck that you guys try to portray him as, he's not going to think that the guy he's fighting is some god because a simple spell didn't work on them? I get bored of overlord threads only to come back and see you exaggerating his character so he can win.

No, ainz doesn't teleport away and snipe some random guy on the street because a spell failed, and going by what others said, due to the nature of grasp heart, it would likely get nulled and touma has the chance to defeat him with a punch.

You guys seem to forget that ainz is the person that willingly allowed people to strike him in multiple scenarios simply because he confirmed they were weak, he didn't confirm their abilities or hidden skills or anything, just their overall strength, and yet with such mysteries surrounding these characters, -like in vol 13 where a monster he was fighting survived his instant death spell, something that confused him- he literally allowed her to hit him to see what she is capable of because demiurge said she was weak.

First people try to completely undersell Ainz's intelligence even when its on his profile(it fails), now next up is the undersell of TGOALID.

Ill leave this right here.

" Despite being able to negate more powerful attacks, Imagine Breaker can have issues negating powers that are able to regenerate or are receiving a constant supply of power if they are faster than its canceling speed."

Its clearly not as infallible as you guys think.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Noodles

I did take those into account, look at the second paragraph right after the numbered points. Ainz can't do any of that stuff.
I'm pretty sure Touma can't negate the powers of enemy just from within his vicinity alone, or he would've negated Accelerator's powers just by being near him (with his fist being close to Accelerator's face and all), but he didn't. He straight up needs physical contact, last I've checked.

neither of which is not relevent to this discussion.

TGOALID is not being undersold. It is very powerful. but Imagine breaker just laughs at it.

OpMasada said:
This is exaggeration...,a world class item? equal to his strength? What the hell? Ainz is cautious but not some paranoid wreck that you guys try to portray him as, he's not going to think that the guy he's fighting is some god because a simple spell didn't work on them? I get bored of overlord threads only to come back and see you exaggerating his character so he can win.

No, ainz doesn't teleport away and snipe some random guy on the street because a spell failed, and going by what others said, due to the nature of grasp heart, it would likely get nulled and touma has the chance to defeat him with a punch.

You guys seem to forget that ainz is the person that willingly allowed people to strike him in multiple scenarios simply because he confirmed they were weak, he didn't confirm their abilities or hidden skills or anything, just their overall strength, and yet with such mysteries surrounding these characters, -like in vol 13 where a monster he was fighting survived his instant death spell, something that confused him- he literally allowed her to hit him to see what she is capable of because demiurge said she was weak.
None of which would happen, as there would be nobody to tell Ainz on who's weak or not. And he would not know of Touma's threat level with IB negating it and all, which still leads him to being very cautious.

Well then Index knows nothing if when she tells him that he negates luck around him, that he would negate healing magic (that doesn't interact with him) because he is in the same room etc etc. IB must only negate the luck around his right hand. I'm sure he would love to know his natural luck is just that sucky.

@DeathNoodles

No matter what we say these guys have clearly come here with their minds made up. Not to mention this was already closed for the stomp it is before aswell. The initial and continuing deliberate disregard for Ainz's profile makes me think this is not debateful in their mind at all for them.

When we get to the point of underselling TGOALID when it has yet to fail even against targets with no concept of life(air, grass) and/or have immunity. Against LB, which has already failed multiple times..yea

I'm leaving. Goodluck I guess

Jugger47 said:
@DeathNoodles

No matter what we say these guys have clearly come here with their minds made up. Not to mention this was already closed for the stomp it is before aswell. The initial and continuing deliberate disregard for Ainz's profile makes me think this is not debateful in their mind at all for them.

When we get to the point of underselling TGOALID when it has yet to fail even against targets with no concept of life(air, grass) and/or have immunity. Against LB, which has already failed multiple times..yea

There were already threads of Touma vs Ainz before, and they got closed due to being stomp threads. Just get an admin to close this thread and we're done here.

Imagine Breaker negates passive effects like Angel fall and divine punishment, despite him not touching the source of it. if the power or abiltity of a move reaches him that effect is negated. Accelerator does not have a power radiating from him that reaches IB outside of physical contact. If that makes sense.

Ugh, my second encounter with jugger only confirms my dislike for him.

Jugger you're saying we're underselling TGOALID because you think that the weaknesses of IB that you posted means TGOALID would work, when it can do nothing that those weakness have listed.

Jugger47 said:
@DeathNoodles

If you would calm down and listen, you would realize there is other series with more potent abilities than Overlord.

DeathNoodles said:
Jugger47 said:
@DeathNoodles

There were already threads of Touma vs Ainz before, and they got closed due to being stomp threads. Just get an admin to close this thread and we're done here.
A previous thread being declared a stomp does not mean this thread will be closed if there are differences that allowed touma to win, which there clearly are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back