• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J'zargo Downgrade and possible 7-C wizards downgrade or deletion.

Currently J'zargo durability scales to his spells. However mages are repeatedly stated to not be able to survive their own spells all the time. See this ap feat on J'zargo's page "Apprentice mages can vaporize fully grown men with destruction spells". The people Apprentice mages vaporize is themselves; it's a giant plot point that mages repeatedly kill them selves with their own spells all the time. That why the very first lesson you learned at the college of winterhold is wards because mages obliterating themselves has become a massive problem.

J'zargo himself has a scroll that catches the user on fire (9-B at best) and J'zargo considered that to dangerous to use himself because he would die. Many of the novice mages quest revolves around them almost axing themselves if you didn't get involved. J'zargo would have burnt to death and Brelyna would have accidentally turned herself into an chicken or cow without you being a test dummy for her spell.

Another reason I think he and all the other mages durabilities should be downgraded is because we already don't scale a lot of mages to their magic physically.

Also I think J'zargo's ap should also be downgrade and especially his speed. Why does he scale to giants and warriors that can dodge arrows when he's fought neither of them. Novice mages don't have any feats close to giants; yeah apprentice mages have destroyed building, not novice mages and generic building destroying only gets you 8-C results which is inferior to giants. Also a lesser daedra that has a generic castle destroying feat (that's baseline high 8-C last time I checked) destroyed entire castles and kingdoms, and burnt multiple villages to the ground. If even a novice mage is high 8-C this daedra should have been killed easily yet it managed to destroy multiple kingdoms.

Also if you actually put J'zargo against a giant in game he gets instantly one shot while he barely hurt the giant (and I know Elder Scrolls gameplay is really hard to scale due to the disconnect between the lore but nothing in lore contradicts this as far as I can tell).

Final point on J'zargo why does J'zargo scale to dodging arrows when never has done anything like that and never fought anyone else ever.

When it comes to the 7-C mages I think they all should just be deleted. They were made by Kong and I highly doubt they're accurate. At the very least they need a massive clean up like removing the Kong's signature "BFR via soul trap" despite that just being soul manipulation, or "Resistance to Reality Warping and Magic that ignore our conventional standards." when they don't ignore our standards any more than regular reality warping does.

I personally think J'zargo's profile should look like this

Tier: Unknow physically, 9-A with magic

Attack Potency: Unknow physically, Small Building level with magic (Apprentice mages can vaporize themselves with their own spells)

Speed: Normal Human

Durability: Human level, Small Building level with wards (can block spells comparable to his own)

At the very least if his ap stays the same I think his durability and speed definitely need to be downgraded. If the 7-C mages aren't deleted they will also have their durability downgraded.

Back