• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (2019), new DCAU movie *spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Timm going back to basics:

Supes is definitely going to need a speed upgrade. After Emerald Empress uses the Emerald Eye of Ekron to absorb the energy in the Green Lantern power battery on Oa; from Earth, she sends the Eye to the Sun (in order to destroy it) which she said would take 3 minutes. Superman catches up to the eye when it is nearly at the Sun's Corona iirc.

Also, the Eye of Ekron had enough energy to destroy the sun after absorbing the energy of the Green Lanter power battery. I recall John Stewart doing something very similar during the "In Blackest Night" episodes ;-)

Speaking of the Sun, Starboy sacrificed himself to literally pull the sun back together (he can manipulate mass). Supes and Cruz escaped the temporary increased gravitational pull of the Sun.

Starboy also said it would take a thousand lanterns to create a construct around the Sun, but that still wouldn't fix it as in order to fix the Sun, it could only be pulled back together, not pushed. Still wouldn't this statment buff individual lanterns?

The Persuader's axe is pretty close to the comics. It slashed Superman on his abdomen, which almost caused him to bleed out. Mr. Terrific said it could cut up to a nanometer iirc. Wondy now has a sword and her sword was able to clash with it multiple times.

That's all I can think of for now. During the sneek peek it was stated how powerful the Fatal Five were. Going by the Persuader's comic book accuracy axe, could we scale based on WoG? They talked about how Mono destroyed his planet. See at time stamp 7:05:

https://youtu.be/jutORxRW47U

A bit a proof for the canonical validity of the movie (i don't recall an official statement but unless Timm or the Studio says otherwise, the movie should be canon to the TimmVerse/ DCAU)

Screenshot 20190401-124654 Twitter

Is DCAU Superman at least relativistic speed now? As it takes 8 minutes for light to hit Earth. Also I heard Superman could be scaled to star level from this movie, is that true?

I think that the "Justice League vs the Fatal Five" movie can be used to scale the DCAU from then.

If you can find screencaptured feats from the movie, you can ask the calc group members to calculate them afterwards.

Hellbeast1 said:
There's a very good video by Watchtower Database that lists pretty much every reason it should be canon.
He just says it is canon and goes from there. Now I will agree than in all purposes its probably canon to the DCAU, there's intentional vagueness from DC about it all.

Basically if we use the movie for a rating I think "X, likely Y" or "X, possibly Y" is a better choice.

EDIT: Watching the full video he does bring up a lot of stuff I do agree with, but he also notes there are inconsistencies and differences. Just that the similarities are enough to make it canon. I'm just uncomfortable with a straight up upgrade.

I mean there is planet level stuff in the shows (planet busting is mentioned in Hawkgirl's page and John was believed to have destroyed a planet once)

Qawsedf is probably correct, although if Bruce Timm considers the movie as canon, I am personally inclined to do so as well.

Planet level leaguers in the DCAU is a massive outlier, especially with how casual it was done by Hawkgirl.

So would "At least [Old JLU statistics], likely [[Fatal Five statistics]" be acceptable?

I like it, but if everyone is good with the movie being 100% canon then I just making the statistics "X" is acceptable to me. Except 5-B upgrades, they would just be massively inconsistent.

Honestly FTL Superman seems inconsistent with some DCAU statements. Such as when he outright said he can't go lightspeed or how the Flash going all out took 8 minutes to reach the sun.

I agree JLU wise. It seems to only be applicable to the movie. As I recall Jessica Cruz had to teleport to reach that distance as well, so none of the Lanterns seem to scale either.

Its also worth noting that aside from his speed, he's now able to survive in the vaccum of space without a respiratory system for long stretches of time, as opposed to the mere seconds he was only afforded before hand. He seems to have gotten buffed for this movie.

I mean, it is a new movie, so some upgrades for characters should be acceptable, Superman could've gotten stronger or faster by the time of the DCAU, which could've been why he stated to be unable to get to Lightspeeds in later DCAU Episodes, but in the movie was able to reach the Sun.

Has anybody asked some calc group members to help out?

It took Superman 1 minute to reach the Sun, so 8× FTL Easy calc BTW this is like 3y into the future so him being stronger is just him getting close to his prime,is only travel speed anyway

CrackNet said:
It took Superman 1 minute to reach the Sun, so 8× FTL Easy calc BTW this is like 3y into the future so him being stronger is just him getting close to his prime,is only travel speed anyway
Superman going faster than Flash seems heavily contradicted by a large part of the DCAU.

The DCAU seems to go off of the Early Post-Crisis era. Considering Superman has always needed a breathing apparatus and needed starships to go FTL I just think it's a contradiction. One that seemingly goes against a similar JL episode where the Flash preformed virtually the same feat but worse.

Alternately he simply grew more powerful over the years, like his post-Crisis version did.

Perhaps extra statistics keys for the Fatal Five movie would be better?

I guess it can be argued his Batman Beyond era self was weaker. Sure a extra FF key would-be fine for speed.

I meant extra statistics keys in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back