• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I remember watching this video a while ago at a time when I really didn’t know much about Superman other then his powers and origins so I kinda just agreed with everything they said at the time. Looking back on it know there’s a lot of flaws on Superman’s side from his persona and message to just how he handles being a hero. So I was wondering if you guys thought this was accurate and if you believe all might is overall the better superhero(or symbol of peace)?

I remember watching this video a while ago at a time when I really didn’t know much about Superman other then his powers and origins so I kinda just agreed with everything they said at the time. Looking back on it know there’s a lot of flaws on Superman’s side from his persona and message to just how he handles being a hero. So I was wondering if you guys thought this was accurate and if you believe all might is overall the better superhero(or symbol of peace)?

Eh you were watching the Ink tank definitely not a go to channel imo, I haven't watched the vid yet but I'll get to it though I'm not expecting much

“All Might inspires everyone to be their own hero”

…… didn’t this man crush Deku’s dream in the first episode?

“Joins UA as a teacher to help the next gen”

Pretty sure he only joined to train Deku, got the rest as a package deal and then wasn’t even good at it.

“Toshinori has to experience his powers inside and out to master them.”

Because Supes doesn’t do that at all? Clark grew up developing random ass powers that he needs to learn to control.

Really not a fan of the vid. They are acting like certain things are mutually exclusive, outright lying about other stuff and ignoring motivations/results when it comes to All Might.

What kind of stuff did they say about Superman in the vid? I'm by no means a comic buff, but I'd like to think I have a pretty good understanding of Superman's character.

What kind of stuff did they say about Superman in the vid? I'm by no means a comic buff, but I'd like to think I have a pretty good understanding of Superman's character.
It was so long ago I forgot but I remember thinking they definitely were wrong in the stuff they said

I've found that a lot of people kind of misunderstand Superman and see him as one-dimensional when he's actually so much more than that. Granted, his morals are pretty straightforward and he isn't the morally ambiguous anti-hero character people like to see, but he's genuinely a great character.

I mean the discussion of this is pointless if you’re not specifying which writer is discussed, not everyone writes Superman the same way, and editorial only steps in on what it considers blatant misrepresentation of characters rather than subtler ones.

You can have a Donnerverse-esque version one place and a Snyderverse version the other, comic characters can have consistent motifs or setup, never something as complex as personality

Back