• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellbeast1 said:
@Nat to be fair Steppenwolf is pretty much Darkseid's right hand man, though its crazy since apparently Steppenwolf isn't even a New God in this film.
Hm really? I thought they said he was. They refernce fourth world in the movie

Nah in the film they state that after the Unity he will "take his rightful place among the New Gods" considering this line and the fact they dont even call him one in the actual film which makes his feats even more impressive.

That was referencing the fact he was exiled. When he lost the first time and couldn't complete the unity he wasn't allowed back to apokolips until he finished the job

The deleted scenes woulda made this a little more clear

Can't wait for the extended edition. The first thirty minutes felt so rushed, and Aquaman seems to have little effect in the Theatrical edition.

But I'm surprised no one has talked about Deathstroke in the post credits scene. Or the fact that Luthor is free.

So, given that you asked me to see this thread, do you suggest any statistics changes?

Antvasima said:
So, given that you asked me to see this thread, do you suggest any statistics changes?
Post-Revival Superman would be High 6-A and Sub-Relativistic for the Mother Box feats and keeping up with the Flash, who is so fast that the other MHS+ characters are in slow motion to him.

Okay. Should he get a separate statistics key due to powering up from the revival process?

Antvasima said:
Okay. Should he get a separate statistics key due to powering up from the revival process?
Yeah. Specially since Wonder Woman was equal to him and now she, alongside everyone else, is much weaker than he is.

Yes. It's a guy in a greek toga shooting lightning who appears right after Diana says that the gods fought against Steppenwolf. Who else would it be?

So, to sum it up:

Key: MoS-BvS | Justice League

High 6-A
(Became empowered by the Mother-Boxes upon his resurrection. Tanked the energy of the Mother-Boxes, which can lifewipe and terraform planets, and was stated by Batman to be stronger than a planet. Is far stronger than his previous state and virtually everyone else in the film)

Sub-Relativistic (Is so fast that everyone else appears to move in slow-motion to him, and is equal to the Flash)

Shouldn't the "stronger than a planet" statement be used to justify durability instead of DC?

Okay.

Didn't one of the producers claim that Flash was close to the speed of light? Was this disregarded as inconsistent?

Ezra Miller said in a preview for BvS that the Flash can time travel by going close to the speed of light, and Geoff Johns said that the Speed Force Lightning is meant to represent blue-shifts, which is why Future Flash's lightning is white, since he is moving at speeds faster than present Flash to time travel.

Someone made a list of the deleted/changed scenes and they all sound amazing. Sad theatrical was so short

Zensum said:
Someone made a list of the deleted/changed scenes and they all sound amazing
They cut so much shit just to lower the running time to 2 hours in an attempt to get more screenings.

Just from what I know:

• More scenes establishing the state of the world without Superman
  • More stuff on Atlantis and Vulko played by William Dafoe
  • More stuff with Barry, such as the leaked scene where he saves Iris from a car accident
  • Cyborg learning to use his powers
  • Cyborg saving some civilians from a group of neo-nazis
  • A longer flashback showing the war 30,000 years ago
  • Some scenes from Steppenwolf's perspective setting up his motivation and the New Gods more
  • More Superman stuff
And that's not counting all the extra dialogue seem in trailers which they cut.

Crazy and all that stuff is super important.

Some points of the movie especially the Atlantis stuff was super brief. Like aquaman just showing up in his armour and like a 1min scene with Mera. I think everyone woulda stayed for a 3hour movie after the BvS extended reception

I just saw the movie, and it was really good. Despite that the "Trending Fandom Articles" say that it's the worst movie in the DCEU, or that its embarrassing for all involved. Man, I hate those things. Most of them are just blatant click bait. I wish I could disable them.

i think it's great, rotten tomatoes gave it a score of 37%, in my opinion, rotton tomatoes has been a trash rating system. i saw one sight saying the movie had too much CGI, i thought that was so stupid, it's a superhero movie, it's meant (save kickass and super). critics also need to realise that it's been a few days, and it has 280 million, compared to its 300 million budget.

Someone else complained about all the "sexy" shots of Wonder Woman, yet completely ignore the copious and personally unbearable amounts of shirtless Superman and Aquaman.

yeah, critics did the same for hundreds of games, and movies, it's because that's what all critics look for. well, i have to go.

Fankid said:
i think it's great, rotten tomatoes gave it a score of 37%, in my opinion, rotton tomatoes has been a trash rating system. i saw one sight saying the movie had too much CGI, i thought that was so stupid, it's a superhero movie, it's meant (save kickass and super). critics also need to realise that it's been a few days, and it has 280 million, compared to its 300 million budget.
About financial success, don't even hope for. All DCEU movies have gotten bullshit standards for how much money they need to do.

Like Batman v Superman supposedly needing "1 billion" to break even, and Suicide Squad needing 750 million to break even.

What I see they do with DC movies is that they pick up the movie's budget + marketing budget, and then multiply it by two to say the movie needs to make that.

Which is nonsense, I never seen any other movie ever receive this same level of standard, and literally no big blockbuster movie would be a success going by that standard.

How could he have fought Doomsday in the past when he was created and killed in the same movie?

Doomsday is just a virus of sorts it was made from Zod in the movie but it was implied it happened before on krypton. Which is why when Lex was making it the AI told him it was a forbidden practice

It's pretty noticeable when his mouth is moving ngl especially in the first scene on the camera phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back