• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
In actuality, the way double impact is described and communicated the follow-up strike is actually shown to be stronger than the previous one. Though this would actually just fall under the same statistics amplification that all cursed users get when amping themselves with cursed energy instead of being a solid times two multiplier since the attack itself starts with a weak amount of cursed energy before adding more to it for the second blow.

For Divergent Fist, it seems like a similar situation to Midoriya's Iron Soles where he kicks only once and the soles spring for a double impact (which I once also argued as a multiplier but got rejected lol). Just a comparison.
Like Itadori punches once, but then the curse energy comes after the punch. So it doesn't seem like a multiplier, just that it's two blows with one strike.
Also what Duedate said.

There is this method for calculating the Black Flash multiplier and apparently the staff agree with the method. If the multiplier based on the power difference between Itadori and Jogo is refused, this should probably work

I don't agree with using this method at all. It has no basis in the verse/canon.
It feels like headcanon to just make up a value based on an assumption of peak human vs the fragmentation of human flesh.

echnically I think using the 2.5x multiplier for BF is actually pretty useful, even if it is a mistranslation,, because using 2.5 as an exponent is absurd.
Bust, ultimately I think "Higher" would be much better to use.
You are going to acknowledge the statement straight from the author because it's absurd? You know that's just an argument from absurdity right or at the very least you just being in disbelief without any other reason.

I don't think we can disregard the official canon multiplier, yes. But we need to be careful if it results to calc stacking and/or inflated results.
Like I said, we can hold off discussing speed atm, since the topic is mostly about AP.

If we're talking about this calculation of Jogo then I'm neutral. Does it scale to his stats like striking strength (since I'm iffy about that)? The validity of the calc is up to the calc group (seems like it got accepted though).
I trust Jogo's feats in Shibuya more since they're actually usable for AP like the meteor thing.
Meteor would be his maximum ap considering what the Maximum Uzumaki is and his Meteor is that. Meteor>Domain.
I also don't think Jogo should get striking strength based on any calc of his since none use that.

Well if there isn't any reason for Jogo's striking strength to scale from his other non-striking attacks such as his large meteor or his Domain Expansion then it shouldn't scale to his striking strength. It would be nice if it actually could scale though.

You are going to acknowledge the statement straight from the author because it's absurd? You know that's just an argument from absurdity right or at the very least you just being in disbelief without any other reason.
Not quite. The reason the exponent can't be used for AP is because the Joules numbers we get from calculations are not actually canon to the verse. They are deduced. You can't do a fan calculation, get city block level AP and then apply the in-canon multiplier to get island level or something and expect the values to hold.

It's not a matter of disbelief, it's the fact that that value doesn't work with what is shown in the story.

Not quite. The reason the exponent can't be used for AP is because the Joules numbers we get from calculations are not actually canon to the verse. They are deduced. You can't do a fan calculation, get city block level AP and then apply the in-canon multiplier to get island level or something and expect the values to hold.

It's not a matter of disbelief, it's the fact that that value doesn't work with what is shown in the story.
Oh no, I'm not saying to do that I understand why that can be considered absurd, I think labeling it as 2.5x stronger is a little misleading considering the difference in power for bf.

I don't agree with using this method at all. It has no basis in the verse/canon.
It feels like headcanon to just make up a value based on an assumption of peak human vs the fragmentation of human flesh.
Better to based on a calculation than an assumption. To assume that the multiplier is 2.5x makes no sense, it is pure assumption and no logic. The actual description of the Black Flash is ^2.5, what is the point of leaving it at 2.5x?

Well if there isn't any reason for Jogo's striking strength to scale from his other non-striking attacks such as his large meteor or his Domain Expansion then it shouldn't scale to his striking strength. It would be nice if it actually could scale though.
I mean, it is only the physical that does not scale, but the cursed energy will still be High 7-A

Better to based on a calculation than an assumption. To assume that the multiplier is 2.5x makes no sense, it is pure assumption and no logic. The actual description of the Black Flash is ^2.5, what is the point of leaving it at 2.5x?
It's not "pure" assumption, as even the anime uses that figure.

Last edited:
The anime subtitles are not even correct taking into account the author's intention. I really believe it is MUCH more reliable to use a calculation (that the staff agree) to use as a multiplier

I do not believe using some made up calculation variables is "reliable" at all.
It should just be left as "higher with Black Flash"

The author literally says that the basis of Black Flash is multipliers. Using "Far higher" would leave the verse page incomplete

And the Black Flash multiplier is something that never changes. Itadori can damage Jogo with Black Flash even if the power difference is 21 times. Using only "Far higher" is wrong

It doesn't make sense that way. Yuji and Todo can damage Hanami with normal punches without black flash.
Black Flash does significant damage, but does not even one shot.

The difference between "to the power of 2.5" is not valid because it would take a character from city block to island level or something.

Using a fan calculation is unreliable because it will be riddled with assumptions.
I looked at the calc, they assumed peak human vs the energy to blow up a human arm.
Hanami isn't human. Yuji's 4-combo Black Flashes do not block off Chunks of Hanami, none of it makes sense to push anything more than "Higher with Black Flash"

It doesn't make sense that way. Yuji and Todo can damage Hanami with normal punches without black flash.
Todo, Itadori and Hanami are mountain level, but the Black Flash as the author's description says is capable of damaging Jogo (Large Mountain). So Hanami's durability would look like this:

"At least Mountain Level, at most Large Mountain"

Jogo's attack potency is immeasurably superior to Hanami's (21x). The Black Flash did not kill Hanami just because of the vast increase in his durability

Are we really going to scale Domain Creation to regular punches of these characters? No other feat supports this.
Mountain Level Itadori is a silly outlier at worst.

Todo, Itadori and Hanami are mountain level, but the Black Flash as the author's description says is capable of damaging Jogo (Large Mountain). So Hanami's durability would look like this:

Jogo's attack potency is immeasurably superior to Hanami's (21x). The Black Flash did not kill Hanami just because of the vast increase in his durability
The author also confirmed that Hanami's durability is superior to Jogo's. So this does not scale to normal durability

What are you talking about 21x

Are we really going to scale Domain Creation to regular punches of these characters? No other feat supports this.
Mountain Level Itadori is a silly outlier at worst.
Outlier?

How does any of this make Mountain Level physical power consistent for any character in the verse? Do you have mountain level physical feats or at least destruction feats? Not just creation, blatant destruction feats.

How does any of this make Mountain Level physical power consistent for any character in the verse? Do you have mountain level physical feats or at least destruction feats? Not just creation, blatant destruction feats.
Jesus, nobody read my blog...

Wait Mountain level?
These characters are not mountain level though, what is even happening in this thread?
He proposing to scale people's stats from creation of those domains which will put them at about 7-A without any kind of supporting feat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back